Chapter 40

It's A Blind Marriage!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinah caressed her big baby bump slowly as if she was telling her baby to sleep and stopped moving so much that it made her uncomfortable. She woke up 10 minutes ago and seemed like she could not sleep anymore as her baby was actively moving inside her. She looked at her husband who was sleeping soundly and for seconds, she envied him. He was sleeping peacefully with one of his hands was resting on her lower abdomen, hugging her. She woke up because of a dream. She dreamt eating waffle with ice cream. That was it. She tried to sleep and ignored her craving however, seemed like Baby Cherry did the opposite. Now at 2 in the morning, she was feeling hungry. Hungry for a dessert.

She heaved a sigh and held her husband's wrist so that she could lift his hand. No matter how she ignored, she would not be able to sleep. She did not want to wake him up. Once successful, she got up from their bed while holding her heavy baby bump and straightly went to the bathroom to wash her face as well as brush her teeth. Jinah stopped brushing her teeth for awhile and held her lower abdomen when she could feel their Baby Cherry's aggressive movement. It was getting heavier day by day. Their baby weighed 2.5kg at 34 weeks however, she felt glad that their baby was doing well inside her tummy. 

She then went to her closet and took a shirt and pants before she changed her clothes. She would make sure she did it slowly not wanting to make any sounds that might wake her husband up.

"Baby?"

Jinah swore she felt like her heart wanted to burst when she heard her husband's voice when she was doing her hair in front of the mirror. She turned her head around and looked at her husband's who was already sitting down on the bed looking confused.

"Where are you going?"

"I-I want to eat waffle and ice cream." She told him gulping her saliva down upon remembering what was in her dream just now. She could not wait to eat. His wife's answer had made Yixing reached for his phone next to him.

"Now? It's 2 in the morning, Baby. Can we eat tomorrow?" He tried to persuade her. Which dessert cafe opened at this hour?

"I can't sleep. She said she wants to eat now." Jinah told him as she caressed her baby bump making Yixing looked at her in disbelief. More like to remind him that she was pregnant with his baby. Her husband was still looking at her as if he was trying to process what was happening as he just woke up from his sleep.

"It's okay. I can just go by myself. There are still many people at this hour. You don't have to worry okay? I'll go back as soon as I got my waffle and ice cream. Okay?" She tried to negotiate instead. By hook or by crook, she needed to eat now. She could not delay anymore. It was easy for her husband to say that when he could sleep without any trouble while she couldn't!

The sleepy husband of course did not allow her. There was no way he would agree.

"It's okay, Baby. Let's go together. Wait for me hmm?" He told his wife and immediately made his way to the bathroom to freshen up.

Jinah kept looking at her husband in guilty. She took another bite of waffle inside while still looking at her husband who was kept yawning ever since they left their house. They were lucky enough that there were few cafe opened 24 hours.

"I'm sorry."

"What are you sorry for hmm?" He asked his wife tucking her hair behind her ear.

"I don't know if you're angry or not. I'm sorry. I couldn't sleep until I eat this."

"I'm not angry. Do I look like I'm angry?" He asked again making Jinah hesitatedly nodded her head.

"I'm not angry. It's okay. I know it's hard for you. Just tell me what you want to eat okay? I'm willing to do anything for my baby's Mommy." He said as he caressed her cheek and leaned closer for a peck. That made Jinah smiled widely before she took a small bite of waffle together with ice cream and fed her husband happily. She requested for an extra crispy waffle and she surprised her husband when she ordered for the second time.

"You ate mine."

Was her only reason when he asked his wife for a confirmation. 

*****

Yixing flinched in shock when the door of his home office swung open revealing his wife with a pout. It was Sunday afternoon or the reason why he was there because his wife currently was resting and he was doing his work in advance. He did not want to be disturbed once he took an absence from his work when Jinah gave birth later.

"What's wrong, Baby?" He asked pulling her hand that she ended up landing on top of his lap before he secured her by wrapping his arm.

"I'm hungry." It was her resting time and she wanted to take a nap but, she could not sleep that made her scrolling her SNS. It made her hungry when she saw her SNS filled with food.

"We just had our lunch an hour ago. Are you hungry again?" He asked as he caressed her waist. He let out of chuckles when his wife answered by nodding her head with a pout that made him wanted to kiss her pouted lips. It made Yixing let out a small laugh when his wife innocently pointed at her big baby bump and whispered to his ear that Baby Cherry wanted to eat instead. They had just had their lunch earlier with Yixing cooked pasta as she was craving for pasta. 

"I'm hungry. Really hungry." This time she was pulling the hem of her husband's wife beater. She wanted to go out and eat some more. The food she wanted, it wasn't available online at this hour. She would definitely order for delivery and did not want to disturb him. However, the owner did not open for delivery during peak hours. Also, she wanted to eat various types of food from many places.

"Can you wait just for an hour? I need to finish these and then we're good." He asked and he didn't notice the changes of his wife's expression. It was Sunday and they supposed to spend time together but he was doing his work instead. Did he really choose his work over his own wife?

"I can just drive by myself. You can stay here and finish your work." She said with her lips were pressed into a thin line. She wanted to lift her from her husband's lap when Yixing grabbed her wrist, stopping her.

"It's okay. Come let's go together. I was only jo--"

She removed his grip around her wrist and stopped her husband from standing up. She didn't feel like eating anymore.

"No need. I don't want to eat anymore. Just. Just finish your work." She said and pulled her hand away when her husband tried to hold. She turned around leaving him alone in his home office making Yixing sighed. He only wanted to joke around and his wife misunderstood. He knew that his wife was sensitive nowadays yet he did that.

It was two hours later when he went down to the kitchen for a glass of water and a small bar of chocolate. He continued doing his work just now wanting his wife to cool down a little bit and wanted to give her space before he persuaded her. When Yixing wanted to throw away the chocolate wrapper, his eyes darted to the content inside the dustbin.

"She must feel really hungry." He mumbled when seeing biscuits and bread wrappers. Feeling guilty, he made his way to their shared bedroom and slowly turned the knob of the door before a view of his wife was sleeping welcomed him. He let her slept as much as she wanted during the day because she couldn't have it at night. Their Baby Cherry was not moving much during the day but she was mostly active at night, during their resting time.

He slowly sat down beside his wife not wanting to wake her up and caressed her long hair. He felt guilty when he saw her face. Her cheeks stained with her tears. He lowered himself before dropping a kiss on top of her head and not forgetting to kiss their baby as well. His hand was making its way to his wife's bulging tummy and a smile was plastered on his face upon feeling a soft movement from inside.

"Mommy is resting, Princess. Let Mommy rest hmm? Are you hungry? D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter