Chapter 37

It's A Blind Marriage!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinah turned the knob of their bedroom door and the view of her husband was sleeping with a duvet covering him welcomed her. She closed the door before making her way to her sleeping husband feeling a little bit weird as her dear husband had never slept again after he had washed up. She carefully sat down beside her husband and her hand was brushing his hair.

"Honey" 

Yixing squirmed in his sleep and tried to open his eyes. He automatically lifted his head before he put his head down on his wife's lap.

"Are you sick hmm?" Jinah asked as she played with his hair. 

"Hmm. Yes. Fever." Yixing said with his eyes still closed. He then felt his wife's soft hand touching his forehead probably wanting to check his temperature.

"You are not sick. Your temperature is fine though."

"I am. Really." He whined only to make Jinah chuckled. 

"Okay. You rest okay? I can go to the hospital by myself." She said and fixed his duvet caressing his cheek as well. It was the first time her husband sick and she did not want to force him.

"No. We'll go together. Let me just rest for 30 minutes hmm?" Yixing said as he caressed his wife's tummy. He did not want his wife to go alone when she had just passed her first trimester and it was their monthly hospital visit. There was no way he would let her attended alone.

*****

"Have you felt your baby's movement?" Doctor Lee asked as she prepared for the tools. Jinah was lying on the bed with her husband accompanied her on her right side right in front of their doctor. 

"Not yet. When will I get to feel my baby's movement?" The curious mother to be asked. She had been anticipating to feel her baby's movement however, she did not feel anything. Not even a light one.

"Is that a concern, Doc?" Yixing asked. The doctor smiled before she decided to speak.

"No. Don't worry. You are still in your 14th week though. Since it's your first baby, you will start to feel your baby moving between 16 and 24 weeks of pregnancy." The doctor explained. Jinah was flinched a little bit when the cold gel contacted with her skin. The young parents were looking at the screen when their doctor adjusted the screen so that they could see better.

"Look! You baby is smiling." 

"Is he or she frowning?" Yixing asked when he scooted closer. It made Jinah laughed too when she saw their baby was making face expressions.

"Yes, at this stage your baby's facial muscles are getting a workout. This little baby can squint, frown, and grimace. Your baby is also making and chewing movements." 

"His or her hair also begins to form. Also, the hair on the eyebrows and the body. It's so tiny but if you can see, these are actually the hair." The doctor explained some more as she ran the tool around Jinah's bloated tummy. They were having 15 minutes of their ultrasound session before they ended their monthly session.

"How's your appetite these days?" 

"It's getting good. I actually eat quite a lot." Jinah shyly admitted. To be honest, she had started to eat normally without throwing up making her husband and their mothers felt glad. Yixing happily prepared everything she needed even her lunch box so that both his wife and their Baby Cherry had a balanced diet.

************

"No!"

Yixing was taken aback when his mother and mother in law said in unison. They came to their children's house and Yixing told their parents that he was planning to bring Jinah for a babymoon. Now that his wife already entered her second trimester and he had consulted their doctor last two weeks, he wanted to bring his wife to Hawaii. It would be their 1st anniversary holiday too.

"Look, Jinah is pregnant and the journey to Hawaii is too long. We don't want something to happen to Jinah and our grandchild. Maybe you can consider Japan or Philippines?" Mrs. Oh suggested making Yixing to look at his wife who was eating fruits before she gave him a nod and a wide smile. Their mothers were correct. His wife had been complaining about the round ligament pain she felt. He did not want his wife to feel uncomfortable during their flight.

"You can go to Hawaii once you have given birth hmm?"

*********

"Honey, are you disappointed that we can't go to Hawaii?" Jinah asked her husband when they were getting ready to sleep. Yixing looked at his wife and kissed her lips before he spoke.

"Nope! I think Okinawa or Boracay is a good choice too. Don't you think so? Or do you want to go to Thailand? Tom Yum?" He asked as he took the lotion on the table next to him. He lifted his wife's nightgown and rub the lotion on her bloated tummy.

"I don't want to eat Tom Yum anymore. I think I had enough for two months. I want to go to Boracay and have mangoes. Can we?" Jinah asked and caressed her husband's cheek making Yixing laughed. His wife's obsession with mangoes.

"Of course. Anything for the mother of my baby." Yixing said and kissed his wife's tummy. Both of them were talking to their baby with Yixing placed his ear on his wife's tummy and he told his wife that he could only hear noisy sound. He pulled away from his wife's tummy and looked at his wife who was shocked too. Well they were startled.

"W-What was that?" Yixing asked before Jinah took his hand and placed it on her tummy. On the place where she could feel it.

"First movement." Jinah said with her teary eyes. 

"Did Baby Cherry just move?" Yixing asked for a confirmation earning nods from his wife. She was chuckled when her husband being a cry baby again.

"Why do you keep crying?" 

"I am happy that I can feel our baby's first movement. How does it feel?" Yixing curiously asked. Jinah placed her husband's hand on the right spot where she could feel the baby's movement when he kept on touching the random spot.

"It feels like flutters."

"Stop it. Baby Cherry is not responding anymore." Jinah stopped her husband when he kept on playing with her baby bump for nearly 10 minutes. Ever since he felt Baby Cherry's movement, he had been calling their baby wanting his or her reaction. Yixing caressed his wife's tummy and kissed it for the last time before he fixed his wife's nightgown.

"Baby" Yixing called his wife as he laid down beside her and pulled his wife's body closer to him so that he could hug her.

"Hmm"

"I have found a prenatal pilates class and it's conducted every Saturday. Do you want to go?" He asked. He had been reading a lot and had been searching a lot about prenatal classes which endorsed by thei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter