You Didn't Love Me Enough

A Thousand Tales - A Collection of One Shots and Short Stories

 

Hyoyeon slammed the doors open and was not at all surprised to find her husband entangled on the floor with a girl who happened to be wearing close to nothing. It was an unspoken part of their marriage. He provided for her splendidly and she, well, she just looked the other way. But it didn’t stop her from hurting.

                He didn’t even look up; he already assumed it was her. Just once she hoped that it was his mother. That would set the filthy bastard straight. She locked herself in their room until she heard him knock on the door. She contemplated just pretending to be asleep, and ignoring him, she should keep him stranded.

                But she couldn’t do it. She walked up and unlocked the door, not once looking at him. He pushed past her and went straight to the bathroom. He scrubbed viciously at his lips as if removing all traces of the girl.

                “What’s the point of kissing her if you’re just going to wipe it away?” she inquired from the doorway, watching him with a cynical bemusement.

                He turned to stare at her with glimmering anger. “You stupid woman, why do you care so much. All the time, you’re asking questions.” He advanced upon her and she shrank away, backing slowly onto the bed. He grabbed her wrists and slapped her, causing her lip to split on his wedding band. Oh the irony. “I tell you to shut up, get out of my business and leave me alone. And what do you do? You walk in on me three times now and each time, you have to ask some stupid question. Shut up!”

                She nodded, praying by submitting he would leave her alone. Instead he yanked her arm, causing her shirt to tear. He pushed her onto the floor and started kicking her. She folded herself protectively over her stomach and head. But his feet were everywhere, kicking her, reopening new bruises. His hands slapped her and pinched her, creating new cuts where the old marks were barely fading. “Stop! Joon, please. I beg you. Don’t do this. I’m sorry I asked okay? Let go of me!” He picked her up and twisted her arms over her head.

                She struggled to get out from his grasp and he gripped her blonde hair. He pressed his face up against hers. “I hate you. The only reason I married you was because your stupid brother threatened to charge me with those assault cases if I didn’t marry you. I wish he had just let me go to jail instead. But I’m stuck with you.” He let go of her, and she fell against the mattress. The doors slammed with a thundering bam.

                Hyoyeon struggled to stand up. The room swirled around her and her vision swam black. She hated him. Just as much as she loved him. She placed her head between her knees and forced herself to breathe in and breathe out. The plan is going to go forth, she decided. She was sick and tired of him.

                She ran in her head all the times he had taken out his anger on her. She loved him once. Maybe she still love him now, for this to affect her so. She had wanted him the moment she set eyes on him. But he was always unattainable. Until one day when her brother had arrested him on multiple charges of assault. She asked him to make a deal with him. Minho was reluctant, but knew his sister was stubborn. With a troubled heart, he made the pact with the devil.

                Theirs was an unhappy marriage. When they were in the same room, there was only a negative energy that drained away at her. When he slept with her, he did it with a vicious hatred, none of the passion that she wanted. He hit her. He would come home drunk or just upset and, finding her submissive, he would hit her.

                He left his mark all over her body. Not in the loving way she wanted, but he left his mark all the same. She the fading purple bruises along the length of her arm where he repeatedly grabbed her and shook her. She turned sideways and saw in the mirror that her spine was dotted with sprinkling blossoms of black. It was only her face that remained intact. Except for a split lip, there were no indication of what happened.

                Her legs and ribs were constantly in pain. He would choke her, forcing her to wear turtlenecks for days. Then he would parade his in front of her. He makes her acknowledge his other life, lets her know that he is with others, and prefers to be, rather than to be with her. And for this, she was tired. She had tried at first to make him love her. When he came home, furious at whatever happened, she tried so hard to be understanding and listen.

                But he never saw it. He saw her as the bane of his existence, as a nuisance. He hated her, and she could taste the hate whenever he kissed her. It was bitter and drawn at the edges, sharp and deadly. He never appreciated her. Sometimes she wished she could blink and turn it all away, flip her world inside out so it wasn’t her who got hurt.

                She wanted so badly to just once let him feel the pain. “Witch!” he called out, before slamming his way into the room again. He found her with her shirt rolled up, and when he saw the ugly purpling blotches, his face turned a shade of red.

                “What do you think you’re doing? Nobody will want you like that. Put your shirt back down. We have a dinner in an hour. Make sure you make me proud.” He spat at her before turning to walk down.

                Hyoyeon walked over to the dressing table and methodically applied makeup, and foundation to cover up the bruises. She turned her face to the side and was satisfied to see that he has finally made a mark on her face. On her left cheekbone was a faint, but definitely visible tinge of light green. If anyone asked, she would let them wonder.

                She slipped on a smooth sheath of fabric that barely covered her body. The bruises on her legs were almost fading, she could risk it. She grabbed a shawl and draped it over her shoulders, letting it cover the fresher hits. She slipped her plan into her purse and walked downstairs to meet him.

                He was still the incredibly gorgeous man she loves. His shirt was lazily ed, but he exuded an air of confidence. He smirked at her and ran his gaze appreciatively over her. “Good,” he jumped up from the couch and walked out the door, not once waiting to see if she was following.

                At the party, he was the life and soul. His suave aura charmed the ladies and he was in his element. The deep bass thudded in her ears and the darkness overcame her. Smoke floated in the air, creating a lethargic and deeply intoxicating atmosphere. She stayed away from his little party, only choosing to stay at the sides, observing.

                She watched him run his hands up the thighs of a young girl, and she tossed back her head, giggling at him. He his lips and leaned in closer to her, whispering sweet nonsense in her ear. Hyoyeon smiled. She was going to be rid of this torture.

                She waited until he was good and drunk before dragging him out of the heavy room and taking him to a blue lit back room. He looked at her with barely open eyes and smiled savagely. “Can’t control yourself huh? You already want me even before we’re home. Well, guess what, I’ll have you whenever I want. And I’m saying right now, I want some. Come here,” he d blindly for her and she stayed away. But his hands latched onto her purse, and ripped it off her wrist.

                The bag fell to the floor with a clatter and she bent to pick it up, but it was already in his hands. He took out the object that she had harbored in secret for so long and turned it around and around in his hands.

                “So this is what you’ve been hiding from me? You’ve been a naughty girl, Hyoyeon. A naughty girl indeed. Do you think that by killing yourself all your problems will go away?” Then a thought occurred to him. “Did you think of killing me? Ha!” The harsh burst of laughter was a dissonance in the air. She involuntarily flinched.

                He waved the gun dangerously in the air and laughed softly, maniacally. She lunged for the gun, and a shot rang off. He screamed and she managed to grab the gun from him. Standing up, she tore the hair away from and smiled menacingly.

                “Lee Joon, I loved you. I gave you a chance, and what did you do? You showed your contempt openly. You didn’t give me a single thought. You never once loved me back, cared for me. These bruises, are all your making. And today, I decided I’m sick of it. I’m sick of seeing your parade of s, women who you use as an easy lay. I’m sick of you taking out your anger on me. I love you, but you didn’t. You didn’t love me enough. Good bye,” before her courage could dissipate, she pulled the trigger.

                The look of horror and shock on his face was worth everything, she decided. When the blood shot out from his chest, she couldn’t find in her any grain of remorse. She walked over and examined his handsome face once more. She dropped the gun on his body and walked away. There was a police station near here; it was time to turn herself in. 

 

This story is going to be followed up in my new Kyuna story. I will inform you all when I post that one. Please leave a comment~