Chapter 3 - Coming Together

A Thousand Tales - A Collection of One Shots and Short Stories

 

The boys slowly walked over to the three of them and the short one looked up. Her eyes grew as big as saucers and she poked Lia. Maliha looked up as well and felt her fingers begin to twitch. Aish, what was wrong with her?

                “We noticed you three in our concert. Why are you crying?” Heechul knelt down besides Lia and she felt her breath catch. Hyuk and Hae stood respectfully back but Donghae slipped behind Maliha, trying to get her attention.

                Lia shook her head. “This is not happening. There is no way this is happening. Kim Heechul is not talking to me, asking me if I’m okay. Nope, no way. This is not what’s happening. This is all in my dream. I’m high on something, I’m just imagining things.”

                Heechul pursed his lips and tapped her on the shoulder. “Er, excuse me? I’m very much real thank you very much. I don’t know how powerful an imagination you have, but you can’t think up flesh and blood. And I’m quite flattered that you think of me so often that you aren’t freaked that you’re daydreaming about me.”

                JJ snorted and clapped her hands over , trying to stifle her laughter. Lia had somehow managed to hit on Heechul’s famous sarcasm without even meaning to. Hyuk looked at her and grinned to himself. He happened to like weird girls.

                It took Lia another minute before she started to cry again. “Oh my gosh, Heechul. You’re here. You’re back from the army. You’re here.” She threw herself at him and the other four stared at her, agape. What a big one eighty.

                Donghae tapped Maliha on the shoulder. “Wrong move, dude,” JJ mumbled when her dongsaeng turned around and started to hyperventilate. Donghae smiled at her.

                “What’s your name? I saw you at the concert. I think you’re actually very cute.” His soft voice was soothing to Maliha and she managed to push words out of .

                “I’m Maliha.”

                “Maliha,” he turned the name in his mouth and grinned with appreciation. “It’s such a pretty name. You’re a pretty girl. Did you come to Korea to see us?” He gently took her hand and led her to sit down on one of the velvet seats.

                “Aren’t they just sweet?” Hyuk Jae managed to sneak up behind the remaining girl and she jumped a mile. Her face went red as she managed to process the fact that her bias was in fact addressing her.

                “Oh, yeah. They are really cute together. I really ships the two pairs,” she started blabbing, trying not to laugh in her hysteria.

                His gummy smile widened. “Oh really? Do you ship now?” She nodded, feeling like an idiot and quickly turned to see Heechul put his arm around Lia. Lia shot her an –ohmygoshthiscannotbehappening- look and JJ laughed. Once she started laughing she couldn’t stop and she mentally kicked herself. Fantastic. Hyuk probably thought she was an idiot.

                But he joined and pretty soon, all six of them were laughing. “Would you girls like to come over to the dorms and visit the rest of the members?” Donghae offered.

                “Heck, yes,” was Lia’s first answer. Once the initial shock has worn off, she was once more her confident self. Being with Heechul did not hurt. The milky-skinned man grinned and he took her hand, showing her the way to the vans.

                The other members were up and waiting for their three remaining brothers. When the three girls walked in shyly, Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow. “Hyung you brought guests?” Heechul went around and did the introductions. The members greeted the girls warmly and pretty soon, they were all comfortable being around one another.

                As the night slowly broke into dawn, JJ stood up. “Thank you so much for having us. We really have to go now. We’ve kept you up way too long. We’re sorry,” she apologized profusely.

                Super Junior shook their heads. No way would they ever turn down time with their fans. But as they left, Donghae ran after Maliha and slipped his contact information in her hands. “Fans complain that I tell them to call me but never give out my number. There’s my number. Call me please. Don’t make me track you down!”

                Maliha grinned to herself and JJ shook her head. “It would be easier if I gave you her contact instead.” Ignoring the other girl’s protests, JJ gave him her e-mail and phone number, knowing full well she would have hell to pay later.

                As they packed up, their reason to stay in Korea over, Lia smiled wanly. “I can die happy now.”