Chapter 2 - Strike and Win

A Thousand Tales - A Collection of One Shots and Short Stories

 

It was really weird walking back to Brooklyn. The roads he took was strangely familiar but she was still caught up in what had just happened to realize that she was in fact, heading right back to her own neighborhood. “Carrie,” Kris tugged on her hand, which was, strangely interlocked with his own.

            “Whoa, how do you know where I live?” she asked.

            “What? My aunt lives around here.”

            It took a while and then Carrie burst out laughing. It was a type of hysterical laughter. “You mean, we live near one another?” She could not believe her day. First, it was meeting this really hot guy who turns out to be a conniving Canadian with connections everywhere and could apparently bowl better than her. Then, he decides to announce her as his girlfriend, because it was just so conventional to not ask the girl first. And now, she finds out that they lived near each other, and oh, what was this?

            When his aunt opened the door, she realized that she was the lady Carrie helped carry groceries for just a few days ago. This was a ridiculously small world and she couldn’t help but feel amused, thoroughly.

            The tiny lady’s eyes lit up. “You! Candy, is it? Wu Fan! Why are you bringing her here? She’s a very nice lady.”

            “Er, no, it’s actually Carrie. Oh, I met her at the bowling alley and I decided to bring her back for birthday dinner. I hope it’s okay.”

            “Okay? I made enough food for all of Brooklyn! Come!” she pulled the two in.

            Little cousins ran underfoot and Carrie laughed, surprised that this was not awkward at all. She knew most of the people already. “Wow, Carrie, why are you here?” The exclamations came more than once and it was then that she knew how related Kris was to all of them.

            “Are you sure you’ve only visited once?”

            He shook his head. “I’ve been here a couple of times. It’s just, I’ve never seen you, otherwise I would have continued to stay a little longer.” He winked at her and fell open. Grease.

            His aunt heard and beat his behind with a broom. “Be a gentleman, Wu Fan! You’re going to scare the nice lady away.” Carrie laughed and picked up one of the smaller kids who had launched herself at her.

            Kris was great with the kids and when they were called to dinner, he graciously introduced Carrie to his family as his girlfriend. It was embarrassing because they started to bombard her with questions but he intercepted all of them with a good natured grin.

            They chanted for Carrie to feed him the noodles and she turned bright red. Kris grinned evilly at her and she used her chopsticks to pick up an extra large mouthful and tilted the bowl towards him. “Eat it all in one go.”

            He glanced down at the thick bundle of noodles and gamely opened his mouth. She shoved it in and was surprised to see him slurping it down. “That was nothing,” he told her. The aunts and cousins clapped when he picked up a fishball and held it in front of . “Your turn.”

            The dinner was loud and she saw sides to Kris that she had a feeling would take others a long time to see. When the cake was served and the song was sung, he offered to take her home. He held her hand easily and Carrie was blushing the entire time.

            “Thank you. You’re really a great sport. I hope I didn’t creep you out though. A random stranger proclaiming feelings for you and inviting you over for his birthday party all in one day can be a bit unnerving.”

            She grinned at him. “Naw, your aunts were really entertaining.”

            Kris pouted. “Just my aunts?”

            Carrie stuck her tongue out. “Well, you did call yourself a creeper.”

            He laughed and hugged her. “I’ll see you tomorrow. We’re going straight to the bowling alley. You have a lot to learn from the master.” He ran down the driveway before Carrie could hit him. Kris waved. “Be prepared, girlfriend!” 

 

 

I'M SO SORRY I TOOK FOREVER CARRIE.

Feel free to keep requesting ^^

GAH KRIS IS SO HILARIOUS