Chapter 3 - Trolling

A Thousand Tales - A Collection of One Shots and Short Stories

 

The entire family, along with s, were crowded around the bedside the next morning. Jenny had to make arrangements regarding her finals and classes so she wasn’t there when Kyuhyun first opened his eyes. Everyone was relieved and soon the members had to leave for their schedules.

            Jenny walked in just as Ryeowook was walking out and saw Kyuhyun with his eyes opened. “Hey,” he cracked a smile. “How was it being my slave for the past few days? I heard you helped the nurses get towels for me and even wiped the sweat off my face.”

            She couldn’t help it. She cried. He was still the same snarky Kyu she had known. His voice was the same, if not a bit raspier but it didn’t matter. What was important was that he was alive and well.

            “What’s the matter? I’m flattered you get so emotionally happy to see me but really. Only waterworks and no words? Come on! I’m the one with the messed up voice box.”

            She finally spoke. “You’re so annoying. You’re so stupid. You scared all of us and yet you’re still here cracking jokes? Ugh.” He winked and gave her a small thumbs up. She wiped at the tears on her face and he frowned.

            “Ya, I’m the one crippled and dying. You have no right to cry.”

            She hit his arm softly. “Stupid, stupid, stupid. Do you know how worried we were? And your dad, he thought you were going to lose your voice forever. It’s not funny! I dropped all my classes and exams to make sure you were okay!”

            His face turned into one of horror. “No. Our Jenny skipped tests for moi? Cho Kyuhyun is flattered.” He rolled his eyes dramatically and laid a hand on his forehead. “Impossible. No way. I think I just may have died and gone to heaven. But, Jenny-ah, you still need to keep up your grades you know.”

            “Says the bum who dropped out. I’m at the top of our class you idiot.”

            He pretended to be hurt. “I dropped out to pursue my dreams, to reach my goals, my destiny.” Jenny rolled her eyes.

            “You’re so silly. I guess you’re all better now so I can go now. Bye!”

            “Wait! But, I’m still stuck in bed,” he whined. “What happens when I’m hungry? What if I need assistance?”

            “This is a hospital. You have nurses available to you at all times.” Smiling to herself, she walked out of the room. Let him fester for a bit. Inside, however, she was thankful that he was back to how he was before. If Kyuhyun had changed, she couldn’t see the point of letting him still be who he was. The charm of himself is what makes her like him.

            She blushed. Her thoughts! Why was she imagining this? Why did she even say that she liked him? Argh, she mentally tapped herself on the temple. Come on, Jenny! Let’s focus here. But it was true. It was inevitable. Ever since she was on the plane, waiting to see him, she had an inkling. She knew that this emotion she felt was no ordinary friendship. To her, Kyuhyun had meant more, much more. The only thing was, did  he feel the same?

            She laughed at herself. It was like every clichéd romance movie. The girl loves the boy and is anxious that the boy doesn’t like her. He always does, but in her case she found it highly unlikely. He had said so himself. They were like siblings and siblings certainly never dated.

            For the next few days, Jenny spent her time in and out of the hospital, joking with him and helping him with whatever he needed. By the time he was successfully in rehab, the college had demanded she returned to finish up her finals.

            “Hey, I have to go back tomorrow,” Jenny told him.

            Kyuhyun had been showing her his debut stage and his face fell. “Wait what? Are you serious? But you’ve only been here for a month. I thought you could stay longer.”

            “A month is a long time and I need to go back and finish up my finals or I can’t pass this semester. I’ll be back for summer though.”

            He seemed to want to say something but stopped. There was now an awkward silence and Jenny stood up to go. “I guess this is it? I’ll see you in a month, Kyu. Get better and make sure that you sleep okay? I know the boys are going to have another comeback soon but do me a favor and try not to tire yourself out too much? Just take it easy. Your voice is fine without you having to strain it okay?”

            He nodded, still silent. She waved to him and picked up her bag. “Give me a hug.” She jolted at his voice. It sounded monotone but it was his message that shocked her the most. He never asked for such intimate contact. They’ve only hugged once in their years of friendship.

            “What?”

            Kyuhyun stared straight ahead. “You heard what I said. I’m not going to ask again. You can either leave without doing it or you can get your behind over here and give me a damn hug.”

            She made her way over to him and put her bag down on the bed. She leaned down slightly awkwardly and put her arms around him. His arms came around her and he hugged her. The strength in his arms surprised her and he choked.

            “Jenny, I’m only going to say this once. I love you. I really do. I appreciate your being here for me and I really hope that in the next month, you can learn to love me back too. That’s all.” He dropped her and looked away shyly.

            Jenny laughed. She covered and Kyuhyun glared at her. “What’s so funny?” he demanded.

            “You’re such a grumpy gramps, Kyu. I’ve never had such a formal declaration before.”

            His eyes widened. “So you’re saying you’ve had many declarations before?”

            She giggled. “Are you jealous?”

            “Hell yes. I’ve known you for the majority of my life and wasn’t able to say this to you and some hobo of a guy comes along and declares his love for you in one day? Do you really think that flies in the land of Cho Kyuhyun?”

            Jenny kissed the top of his forehead. “Relax before you give the machines something to get excited about. You’re the first declaration I care about okay? I love you too. But I really do have to go. I have exams to pass and Kyu’s to kick. I still need to beat you remember?”

            He nodded, finally smiling. “Okay, go but before you do give oppa a bobo?” He tried to use aegyo and Jenny punched his arm. “Ow! I’m still hurt you know!”

            She shrugged. “Don’t ask for too much yet.” She stuck out her tongue at him and he glowered.

           

 

I'M SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG JENNY.

I hope you like it and I LOVE YOU TOOOO ♥