Chapter 4- The Couples

A Thousand Tales - A Collection of One Shots and Short Stories

 

The days quickly fell back into their normalcy and they were sure they had dreamed the encounter. Except, you can’t possibly all dream of the same thing and all remember the same memories can you? They sighed in frustration but allowed the daily rhythm of life to continue.

                It may have been a few months and the memories have started to fade into the backdrop. Lia was hustling to and from her college, ready to hop on the train to meet her dongsaengs. When she pushed open the doors of the school, she was shocked to see a small crowd huddled in the front and low murmurs. She chalked it off as yet another stupid protest, college was filled with those, and began walking away.

                There was a shout behind her and a familiar husky voice scream out, “Hey! You, Lia!” She has listened to his voice too much, too many songs. She was even beginning to imagine it while she was living a normal life at school. Faneffingtastic.

                But there was a jolt to reality when she felt a hand drop on her shoulder. “I said to wait up,” the trespasser of her privacy growled in her ear.

                She turned her face and saw Heechul staring at her, his pink lips only a few inches away. She felt her heart race up to and she began to shake. He wrapped both arms around her and shook his head.

                “I took a day off from my radio station to see you and I get ignored. I think you need to make it up to me now.” Heechul winked. “Do you like coffee? Tell me you like coffee. I can make coffee.”

                She stared at him, not sure what to say before nodding. “Yeah, in a glass cup.”

                He gave her a weird look. “Isn’t that how coffee is always served?”

                He took her hand in an assuming manner and Lia felt herself shake. It wasn’t until they had gotten on the 7 that she remembered. “Oh shoot, I have to go pick up my friends first though. It’s fine if you don’t want to come.”

                He only smiled. “Oh no. I’m positive they’re well taken care of.” He smirked characteristically and she rolled her eyes. This man.

                She took him to her home and watched him enter her kitchen. He moved with an expert ease, as if he has been there before. When he placed the cup in front of her, he smiled. “Drink up, milady.”

                JJ pushed open the heavy doors and started walking onto the bridge. She scanned the people milling around and sighed. Lia was late. Great. Now she had to wait. She turned around, so she can see the people exiting the school, waiting for Maliha to leave as well. It was only when she remembered that the younger had tenth free that she decided to look for her other friends.

                There was a building annoyance as she waited, wondering whether to call Lia or not. She decided against it. It would be easier to wait. But the people on the bridge thinned and nobody was walking out of the heavy doors. She heard rapid footsteps and chose to ignore it. If it were Lia, served her right for taking so darn long.

                A pair of arms snuck around her waist and she was about to struggle. She hated people touching her, and Lia of all people should know. She twisted a bit, squirming, and the arms tightened. “Aish, Lia, you know I hate-” she managed to free herself and turned to glare at her best friend only to see someone who was very unlike Lia. On the other end of the spectrum in fact.

                It was Hyuk Jae. Her words came out strangled and she screamed in his face. “What the hell?” He managed to look shocked for a second before grinning.

                “Hi. Thought I forgot about you didn’t you?”

                She felt her hands shake and she slowly backed up. What was he talking about? Did he even give her any thought? She started to walk backwards, trying hard not to believe that what she was seeing in front of her was true. “Okay, you guys. This is cute. Who is this? Your makeup is done very well.”

                He advanced and took her hands in his. She winced and immediately wanted to snatch it away. “No, it’s me. Lee Hyuk Jae. You know? Say my name, oppa oppa, Super Junior? Sorry Sorry? What in the world? I didn’t get the wrong person did I?” it was his turn to look confused. “You were with those two other girls weren’t you?”

                Suddenly the reality of how true the scenario before her was hit her and she screamed. “Oh my gosh. I can’t. Why are you here?”

                “To see you! Heechul went to find Lia and Donghae’s been stalking Maliha since she left school. So it’s my turn. My first time stalking a girl and the first reaction I get is a scream.” He did his derp face and JJ laughed. She couldn’t stop laughing and Hyuk Jae pouted.

                “You’re making fun of me. You’re making fun of me. Hmph.”

                She rolled her eyes and tentatively ruffled his hair. “You’re such a dork. Why in the world do I like dorks?” She mumbled, amused until she realized what she said and clapped a hand over .

                But Hyuk only grinned and took her hand, leading her on the way home.

                Maliha exited school and looked around for Lia. There was no one standing on the bridge. She sighed deeply and settled herself to wait. There was a tap on her shoulder and she turned around to see Nemo. Nemo?

                Her head couldn’t wrap around the fact that someone had stuck a Nemo on the sills of the bridge walls. There was a tiny poke in her waist and she squealed slightly before twisting to see who it was. There was Donghae grinning at her, his large eyes peeking out from behind the stuffed orange toy.

                She grinned widely and Donghae’s smile increased. “Did you miss me?” his large eyes blinked and he naturally picked up her hand. She nodded, unsure of what her actions were anymore. This confirmation seemed to satisfy him and he squeezed her tightly. “Good because I missed you too. I was scared you thought I had forgotten. But you never called me.” At this, he pouted and cocked his head to the side.

                opened and closed. “I had schoolwork and it’s awkward. Calling boys isn’t my thing. What if your mom picked up?”

                He laughed and she found herself staring at the birthmark on the left side of his neck. He was really so beautiful. She smiled to herself and he turned to stare at her. “I really like you. I hope you’re not too scared that an idol would fly across the world to see you.”

                Maliha bit her lips and blushed, only shaking her head to let him know that she was fine with all the stalking he wanted to do. He grinned broadly and started skipping down the bridge.

                Later that night, the six of them met up at a restaurant and Heechul was regaling them with stories of the weird men in the army. “And one of them apparently likes shooting so much he sleeps with his gun under his pillow. When he woke up one day, the rifle was pointed at him and he screamed so loud. He thought someone wanted to kill him.”

                They laughed at the exaggerated gestures and when the food came, they dug in. Lia inhaled the food and sighed with content. Unable to control herself, she dug in before realizing that Heechul may find it unattractive. But when she looked up, she saw that he was also stuffing his face in an even more rapid pace than she was. Watching the sauce fly over his face made her laugh.

                Donghae used his fork to feed Maliha and she retaliated by stuffing his face with dessert later. He held her hands under the table and when JJ bent to pick up her “dropped napkin,” she slyly snapped a picture and grinned.

                Showing this to Hyuk, she whispered, “Isn’t this adorable?”

 

Repost. Sighs, AFF crashing is really horrible.

But yeah. I love you guys ♥

Classic fangirl story, but it was fun. It took me forever. XD