Cuddle Me Chanyeol

A Thousand Tales - A Collection of One Shots and Short Stories

“Hey, Chanyeol, do you want pasta and sauce or macaroni and cheese?”

            He blinked and looked up from the sheet music he was working on. “Eh?”

            Lia smiled patiently. “It’s a relevant question, I swear. What do you want?”

            Chanyeol smiled. “How’d you know I was hungry?”

            She rolled her eyes a little. “You’re a, always hungry and b, it’s dinner time, silly.”

            He wiggled happily in his chair and nodded. “Whatever is easier for you to make, honey! You know I like whatever you make.” He bounced once happily in his seat and went back to working on the score he was composing.

            After making the decision that macaroni and cheese was the way to go, Lia made her way to the living room and saw that his eyebrows were furrowed. He was chewing on the eraser end of his pencil and all her maternal instincts rose.

            She reached out and smacked it out of his mouth. “Don’t do that, Chanyeol. Do you know where it’s been?”

            He looked up cheekily. “My paper.”

            She scowled lightly. “Smart mouth.”

            Chanyeol winked at her, his right lid dropping over his eye and smiled. “Come over here.” He held out his long arms for her to enter. She shook her head.

            “Dinner is still being made.”

            He held out his arms insistently and took her by the wrist and pulled her towards him. It was a slight disappointment when he placed her by his side. Chanyeol nuzzled her neck and smiled. “I need inspiration here while I compose.” He placed his head on her shoulder and she absentmindedly ran her fingers through his hair as he started writing notes on the page, creating a melody that danced across the staff lines.

            His arm stole around her waist and he pulled her into him closer as he moved his arm across the page before she tugged gently on his sleeve. “I need to get the food.”

            Chanyeol pouted for a second before letting her go and poking her sides. “Be back soon!” And as if hurrying her, his stomach let out a tiny growl. He blushed when she laughed and waved to her. “I’ll see you in a few minutes!”

            Lia went into the kitchen and scooped up the shells and placed the creamy, cheesy pasta into a bowl just for him. “Chanyeol, what do you want on top of it?”

            “Ketchup!” he called back. “Lots and lots of it, and pepper please. And tuna,” he added as an afterthought.

            “You know, you’re starting to remind me of my best friend.”

            “That’s the point! We were meant to get along. If she can be your bias, I get to be your ultimate, ultimate, super ultimate bias.” He nodded his head to every word he said and Lia laughed. How had she gotten so lucky with him?

            When she got to the couch, Chanyeol moved his papers away and moved over so she had room to sit next to him. He opened his mouth happily in anticipation. “Ah,” he mumbled as best he could with an open mouth. “Feed meeeee,” he wiggled his body around.

            She used the spoon and scooped up a large bite and placed it before his lips. He craned his neck forward and she pulled away. Chanyeol glared at her playfully. “Lia Park, charged with deliberately starving an innocent young man. This is an offensive crime and fortunately, in this world, crime cannot go by unpunished.” He tugged on her waist and she let out a tiny scream as he managed to lift her and transport her onto his lap.

            “Okay, now feed me,” he pouted.

            This time when she extended the spoon, he ate it happily and wrinkled his nose at her as he bit down on the spoon and refused for her to get it back. “Arf, arf,” he barked happily and she placed the bowl down on the table behind her.

            “Chaneyol, are you going to be a puppy now?”

            His right eye twitched, something that happened whenever he became super excited and he nodded. “Yeah, I’m your Puppy ChanChan,” he laughed.

            Lia poked his sides and watched him jerk in surprise, as he twisted to avoid her pokes. “Ticklish,” he gasped and she stopped so he could calm himself. Chanyeol was bouncing his legs now, a feat considering how she was on top of them, and he beamed happily.

            “Feed more please!” And he opened his mouth obediently again. In his eagerness, he reached out for the bowl and at the same time, she brought it to him. Some of the cheese got on his fingers and she tried to get him a napkin but Chanyeol swatted it away. She gave him a look of surprise and he screwed up his face in slight concentration.

           

 

            “Please. Ain’t nobody got time for that,” and he promptly stuck his thumb in his mouth. He looked up at her and smiled a little.

            Lia laughed at his pop culture reference and rolled her eyes. “Why are you so adorable?”

            Chanyeol gently placed her aside and stood to put the now empty bowl into the sink. As he dried his hands, he commented, “You’re going to make a really good mother. Look at how you take care of me.”

            She looked at him in surprise and Chanyeol winked again. “I mean, it’s totally a good thing.” This time, when he got back to the couch, it was she who held out her arms.

            “Hey, Chanyeol, can we cuddle?” It was a random request and he looked at the papers still in a stack before him and nodded. As if he could deny her anything. He settled onto the comfortable sofa and swung her over his legs again.

            Lia placed her head on his chest and heard the thump thump of his heartbeat and smiled in content. It was nice to be in Chanyeol’s embrace. He smelled soft and like warmth and comfort. His arms came around her and his thumb softly ran over her back and she sighed a little.

            “Hey, Chanyeol, have you been thinking about maybe, having kids?”

            He leaned back a little to look at her. “Kids as in of our own?”

            Times like this, her sarcastic side came out. “No, Chanyeol, kids we can rent and then give back when we’re done taking care of them.”

            He chortled and she liked the deep, soothing sound coming from him. “Well, obviously. I just said you would be a good mother, didn’t I?”

            Lia hugged him closer to her and ran her nose against his chest, breathing in his scent. “How can you expect to take care of a kid if you’re almost like a kid yourself?”

            He gave her an indignant look. “I can act like an adult too. I just like being cute with you. Because you’re my princess. You’re cute with me too, don’t even deny it.” He wagged a stern finger at her and she laughed at his silliness.

            “Okay, true, true. So, you have thought about it?”

            “To quote your Jill’s husband, ‘I think about it every night and day.’ I think it would be great to raise a family together. You know, and making babies isn’t that hard a task either…” he trailed off and hugged her closer so that her arms were unable to move to hit him.

            “Chanyeol,” she mumbled.

            “Yes?”

            “You’re embarrassing.”

            He leaned down and kissed her nose. “I know. Which is why you love me.” He held her head gently against him and ran his fingers through her hair, combing through the strands and his other hand gently massaged her shoulders. Almost unconsciously, he started to hum a soft ballad and she felt her eyes closing.

            Chanyeol noticed and stood, still holding onto her. He carried her to the bed and tucked her under the covers but she whined. “Cuddle,” she pouted.

            He chuckled and got in next to her and her arms went around him automatically and he kissed her. “Sleep tight, pretty.”

            She let out a small sigh. “Good night, Cuddle monster.”

            He started a little at the newly given nickname but didn’t comment when he saw that she had her eyes closed. Chanyeol laughed and wrapped his arms safer around her. “I love you.” He’ll get her tomorrow.

 

this is for Lia ♥