Into Your Eyes

A Thousand Tales - A Collection of One Shots and Short Stories

 

            

LiLi stared at her boyfriend and he stared back at her. Her nose started to wrinkle and the corners of his eyes lifted. “Are you giving up? Is that a sneeze I see coming on?” he .

            She tried not to tear up and only resulted in needing to sneeze more. “No, I refuse to lose again.” As she said that, she closed her eyes and sneezed quite loudly.

            When she opened her eyes again, Taemin was on the floor, clapping his hands. “I win! Fifteenth time in a row. I am so good!” He got up and did a little wiggle. LiLi promptly aimed a swift kick at his squishy rear.

            He jumped and smiled at her. “You’re atrocious. I call this a case of Taemin abuse. Now, I’m sad.” He pouted and she rolled her eyes.

            “Again. I’m telling you, I’m going to beat you. What do you do? Put like glass contacts into your eyes so you never have to blink?”

            He placed his face in front of her and blinked multiple times. “Blink, blink, blink. I blink allll the time. Just not when I get to stare into your beautiful eyes.” He smiled impishly and she blushed.

            “Shut up!  Sit down and accept defeat.”

            Taemin shrugged and plopped back down. “That’s just your loss.” He placed his chin in his hands and turned his dreamy eyes on her. She giggled.

            “You can’t have that expression on your face when we’re playing the game!”

            He gave her the most indignant look he could muster. “Well, excuuuuse me, I believe I very well can! I can make whatever face I want. What if I didn’t want you to make a face face? What then?” He pouted.

            “You’re so immature.” She crossed her eyes at him.

            Taemin crossed his arms and leaned back against the chair. “Oh really? I’m the immature one? You’re the one complaining about my face while we’re playing a game!”

            “It’s making me laugh. That’s an unfair advantage to you!”

            “Well, that hurts! What if I said your face made me laugh, huh? But I can’t say that because then you’ll get upset and it’ll be all my fault.” He threw his hands up in the air. “A guy just can’t win around here.”

            LiLi shrugged. “ to be you. Okay, ready, set, go!” She put on a straight face and immediately widened her eyes to their utmost capacity.

            Taemin also widened his eyes and focused. The seconds ticked by and they stared at one another. Nobody dared breathe. It was a fierce battle until  the end. Suddenly, Taemin started to move. He was scotching his chair closer to LiLi. She watched him, unable to look away.

            He got up closer and closer and she was about to protest. But her eyes were burning. They were filling with fire and she tried not to move. His face came closer and she thought he was going to sabotage and blow into her eyes when suddenly she felt a pair of lips crash onto hers.

            She was surprised and blinked. Taemin laughed triumphantly but she was too into the kiss to care. Taemin’s lips tasted good and they were soft against hers. When they broke apart, Taemin smiled at her. “I win.” 

 

I love you ♥