4-Dimensional Chapter 1 - Irritation

A Thousand Tales - A Collection of One Shots and Short Stories

 

“And how are my girls this evening?” a loud voice boomed in the crowded dressing room. The lights were lit and nine girls were milling around, waiting anxiously for the start of their concert. The voice was a welcome addition to the din and they smiled at one another. Their favorite oppa had arrived.

                Sooyoung stood off the side, sneering slightly as she saw Heechul walk in and throw his arms around Yoona and Yuri. Her band mates were giggling and playfully pushed him back and forth between them. He laughed and started cracking jokes. He went around the entire room, greeting the other members of Girl’s Generation. But when he came over to Sooyoung, his entire demeanor changed.

                His eyes, hidden behind those tinted sunglasses, seem to stare right through her. His perfect mouth curved up into a self-righteous smirk and a slip of his tongue showed. His arms were still around Yoona and he nodded briefly at her. “You crazy girl. Sup,” he muttered lazily before walking back around.

                Sooyoung’s eyebrows arched slightly. There was always tension between the two of them. Not that she minded. The further he stayed away from her the better. She wasn’t an easy girl. Her members may seem to tolerate, even welcome, his excessive flirting, but she actually had standards. And he didn’t meet any of them.

                She always had a snappy comeback to his jibes and knew exactly what he was going to say before he said it. It was like they could read each other’s minds. But any further than that, their relationship was solely just friends. Anything else was enough to make Sooyoung gag.

            Look  at him. He’s such a player. Walking around the girl’s dressing room, with that annoying swagger, acting like a hotshot. She hated it when her members swooned over whatever he did because it was just not attractive. She has to give it to him. He knew how to exude confidence, and he was very good looking. But his personality! Grr, she shook her head, lost in her own thoughts.

            “Is the little tomboy lost in her own world?” a voice sneered in her ear.

            She whirled around and saw that Heechul has his hands on his chin and was smirking at her. That smirk. It’s maddening. She bared her teeth at him. “Go away and prepare for your own concert. We’re on in a few more minutes. Stop bothering my concentration.”

            His eyebrows inched slowly higher and higher. “Oh is that so? Well, Kim Heechul greatly apologizes for being so immensely good-looking he disturbs with your thought process.” Then without waiting for her response, he winked before walking out the door. Sooyoung closed her eyes and seethed inside. What an arrogant bastard.

            She tried to get his face out of her mind and walked onto the stage. It was Gee. She could do the dance in her sleep. She strutted on and smiled happy to be in her element. But when it was the chorus, her eyes strayed into the audience and she saw Super Junior. They were clapping for them but one person stood out from the rest. His eyes never left her and even through the sunglasses, she could feel the intensity of his gaze.

            Sooyoung shivered. What was it about him that made her all conflicted inside? He’s annoying as hell. There’s no denying that. But he also was the best looking man she has ever clapped eyes on. His aura screams of arrogance and she liked it. As much as she wants to deny it, she likes it. When it was her one line, she strutted to the front and smiled brightly at him. The song ended and she smirked. The next song was Run Devil Run.

            Sooyoung went through the song, anticipating her part. When it came, she waited for Taeyeon to finish before staring straight at Heechul. A small smile lifted and she winked, before running her tongue over her lips quickly. The part was a small one and was over fairly quickly. But by the time she retreated to the back, she felt a slight satisfaction to see Heechul’s jaw drop a centimeter. Surprised oppa?