Seven

Roommate 2: Running Away

Live your life not with the intent of your own greed,

or for the satisfations and expectations of others.

 


The old couple left a couple of minutes later after serving doubles of Sunny's regular - which is made up of 2 bottles of soju a serving of tonkatsu and a special serving of bossam.

"I guess our definition of walk and regular is quite the poles apart, huh?" Ryohei raising a shot  glass of soju.

"Hey. We did walk all the way here and somehow, I think your regular on Friday night is the same as mine." She stated matter of factly and shook her chopticks disapprovingly.

With that, they found themselves snickering from their own silly teasing.

Awkward silenced followed after that and so instead of going on ahead with any conversation, their silence sounded much like an agreement of wanting to put the conversation aside for a little while. During that little while, nothing much happened except for their drinking and eating.

Being heavy drinkers, both were still sober even after drinking a bottle each. Ryohei was on his second bottle which was still half full while Sunny's was practically almost empty. She picked the bottle up for another shot only to be surprised to see that it was almost out. 

"And here I thought the rumors were a lie." Ryohei broke the silence with another tease.

Instead of teasing back, she grabbed the empty bottle and stood from her seat.

"Chamsimanyo oppa." She answered in her pitched aegyo voice.

"Yah? Where are you going?" The puzzled Ryohei asked the girl.

He saw her make her way to the counter covered by a divider. They were in the very back end of the restaurant which was five tables far from the counter and he was still able to hear Sunny's aegyo voice. Except it sounded more like she was arguing with someone, probably halmoeni, and from the tone of it, she was winning. He heard her thank the old lady and some sound of clinking.

Right about when he was to swallow a shot of soju, he's eyes widened when he saw the girl smiling silly with two bottles of soju on each hand clinking together as she ran silly to their table.

"Mwoya?!" He asked rather sounding angry unintentionally.

"Aaaahhh. Wae?" She whined sitting down. "My drinks almost empty." She added with a pout.

 

"I thought we were just going to take a walk and do some talking and not that much to drinking." He argued sounding a bit upset.

The girl just pouted and grabbed her third bottle. 

"Sunny-ah." He called to her softly.

He knew from Sunny's expression - though cute but practically totally pissed off, she was still in no point in wanting to talk about anything. Surrendering with a sigh, he gave up and let her have her third bottle but he grabbed the three other bottles and went to return it to the counter.

"Aigoo~. Thank goodness for you young man." The old woman said to him.

"I'm sorry halmoeni. I didn't expect for her to be drinking wildly." He said sincerely.

"Aigoo~. It's alright. Just take good care of that girl. She looks so tired everytime she comes here. She tries to hide it but we know." Every single word of the lady was coated with genuine sincerity.

"Neh halmoeni." He answered and went back to their table.

 

Back to their table, Sunny who was not slightly drunk was staring to space.

 

"I'm sorry." He said to her. "I didn't mean to over react."

"Aniyo oppa." She answered still staring into space. "I just~

Her phone rang and gestured him to wait a minute.

"Eoh Yong-ah? Why are you still up?" She sounded like a mother worried about her child.

He didn't mean to eavesdrop when the call was being made in front of him. He got up to go somewhere to let her have  her privacy but she grabbed his wrist to stop him and gestured him to sit back down. From the sound of it, there was something going on. 

"I'll be there in a few." She hanged up and drank the last shot of her third and stood up.

"Woah~. Where are you going?" He stood up and grabbed her in turn.

"I'm- I just have to go now oppa." She said in a rush.

"Your not going anywhere on your own. Specially in your state." He said and grabbed his stuff before following her.

 

"Halmoeni, I'm going now." Sunny said and hugged the old lady. "I'm come back again soon."

"Eoh. Is your manager picking you up?" She asked.

"Aniyo. I'm, we're taking a taxi." She said.

"Do you think there's a taxi in this hour, halmoeni?" He interrupted.

"There are. But it take quiet a while to wait for one in this street." 

From her expression, she was ready to bolt out and just run to where she was going. 

"You can borrow the car outback." The oldman who came out from the kitchen door said.

"Oh, haraboji." 

"Although, I don't think you're in the right state to drive." The oldman said looking at them back and forth.

"I'm still sober." Ryohei said.

"Are you sure? Think you still can handle that two bottles of soju?" He cocked his head.

"I barely finished the second bottle. I can drive her sir." He said declaring himself as the designated driver.

"Okay. Here's the key. Be careful with it." 

There was clear doubt from the woman's face but since it seemed like it was an emergency, she had no choice but to let her husband lend the car.

"Sunny-ah." The grandfather called out when they were already by the door. "Be careful, okay?"

"Neh. I'll come back soon."

 

 

 

 


*N: Hello world~! I'm back! 

     How has everybody been doing? 

     First of, I'm sorry I wasn't able to update much. I'm not going to promise to update as much as possible anytime soon. My schedules have been in conflict with my mood swings so I don't really know when I'll be able to update much. 

     Almost forgot, thank you once again for bothering yourselves in reading and specially for subscribing to this story. 

    I trully am grateful. :D

   Oh yah, I'm kinda going to be adding some of my personal quotes even if it's not really related to the story. 

 

_ ~ deviantart by eclie (Hanbok girl)