Nineteen

Roommate 2: Running Away

Waaking up after three hours of sleep - or more like a nap, Sunny slowly took Seohyun's hand off her making sure that the light sleeper maknae didn't wake up. It was four in the morning and it was still dark out. After discussions of last night and due to fatigue from previous schedules before the trip, the girls thought they'd be able to do an all nighter only to fall asleep around past midnight.

Standing up, she saw that some of the girls has kicked off they covers. Taeyeon was in a fetal position using her blanket as a dutch wife instead; Jessica slept with one arm up; Yuri slept next to Hyoyeon with he tongue out and the other with open; Tiffany slept with her left leg on Yoona; Sooyoung slept plopped down on her belly, Yoona slept in a fetal position facing Tiffany; and Seohyun who slept between her and Tiffany, turned to her right side hugging Tiffany.

"You girls are still adorable." She said to herself then went on to grab her blanket and cover Taeyeon with it before fixing the covers of the others.

Seohyun must have felt or heard her because the girl's brows creased before slightly opening.

"Go back to sleep." Sunny whispered to her.

"Hmm." Seohyun answered before falling back to sleep.

Seohyun didn't talk her back to going to sleep because she knew how her unnie's sleeping habit worked.

 

Fully awake, she got herself a jacket and put it on before going outside. She didn't really get to go around last night to check the place if there were any other changes aside from the inside of the house.

Still dark out, she went to the kitchen and brought out a gas lamp and used a match to light it up. One thing she forgot to pack for this trip was a flashlight. She could've just the kitchen light and that would've been enough but it was too much of a risk that they could get caught by a curious neighbor. 

Stepping out, the first place she went to was in Pureumi's old cage near their 'washroom' and opposite the chicken coop. Since, the area was closed of for two days, all the animals; chickens, Sunding (Pureumi's offspring), and WangYuchi were moved to Chief Wangu's barn. She stopped first and leaned on the post of the cage. She missed her cow but she knew that she wouldn't be able to take care of her much less visit her often. After a few minutes of getting herself lost in the memories of the past, she walked to the comfort room and used it.

After, she continued walking and looking around. She spotted quite a few changes in the place, grasses and wild flowers grew around the fence which kind of decorated it, the faucet area was renovated, the room near the gate was decorated with a few more pictures of them in Yuchiri, and the room opposite it was used as a stock room for maintenance equipments.

When she went back to the main house, she brought the lamp in with her but covered part of it making sure that the girls don't wake up. She looked at the wall clock and saw that it was twenty minutes before five. The time was still long and th girls won't probably be up until around eight or nine in the morning.

Ripping out a piece of paper, she grabbed a pen and made a note.

 

Went to Wangu aboji's house. 

Stay withing the compound and don't wander around the compound too long.

Better yet, stay in  the room. ;P

~ Sunny :3 & Sica ;D

 

She took out a tape from her bag and cut a piece of it and stuck the note on the door. When she put away the pen and tape, she was starteed to see a shadow. She disregarded it thinking it was a moth flying around the lamp or some other bug. When she turned around, her eyes grew big and almost screamed when she bumped on someone who covered for her.

Surprisingly, it was Jessica who woke up and covered .

"Shh.." She shushed her before taking her hand off her.

"Why are you up?" Sunny whispered.

"Don't know. I just got up and saw you writing something." They were talking in whispers.

"Can't go back to sleep?" Sunny asked.

"Shocking but no." She shrugged.

"Want to come with me to Wangu aboji's house then?" The shorter suggested.

"Eh. Why not." Jessica shrugged before taking the pen out and signing her name on the note next to Sunny's.

 

Still in the compound, the girls made sure to walk carefully and not talk. Sunny had to be extra careful when opening and closing the gates because of the creaking sounds it made.

When they were finally out, Jessica didn't hesitate to bring up their conversation and plans earlier.

"I forgot to ask you about something earlier during the 'meeting'." She started.

"Oh? What was it?" Sunny asked while fixing the lamp handle on her hand.

"Was your PI able to crack the file in my account?" Jessica asked without hesitation.

It was after the first 'meeting' when Jessica gave Sunny the permission to allow the PI to have her password but Sunny did give the password to the PI. Instead, she suggested that she should allow the PI to hack into her account by adding his own account. Jessica then agreed.

When she mentioned about the PI, she gasped from remembering what she had forgotten to tell the girls earlier. It was the most important part of the notes she had gathered but she must've set it aside to have forgotten to mention it to them. And now, Jessica just reminded her about it.

"Sunny-ah, are you okay?" Jessica held her shoulder looking at her with worry.

She looked at her and saw how genuine the concern was. This girl they called the Ice Princess, with her cold and chic facade, anyone who haven't had the chance to have a single converstaion with her wouldn't know or understand who she really was.

Reaching out, her left hand went to her cheek and caressed it ever so lovingly."I'm fine. Let's talk about something else for now." She told her calmly but her eyes begged her to agree.

"Fine." Jessica answered with a pout. "Then tell my about this Ryohei guy."

Sunny inwardly sighed hearing her 'friend's' name being mentioned. "Okay. What do you want to know about him?"

The rest of their conversation went on like that while they headed to the Chief's house. They reached the place twenty minutes later and saw that the lights were already . They didn't have to knock for the door to open because the old man himself was waving towards them when he saw them through the second floor window. They ran to him like girls being welcomed home by their father.

"Wangu appa! Good morning!" Sunny greeted happily.

"Annyeonghasaeyo." Jessica greeted formally since she doesn't know the man that well.

"Aigoo~. Come in, come in. It's still dark out but other's might still see you." He gave them welcome hugs and pulled them in.

 

The old man didn't waste time nagging them to be quick with their cooking. In fact, he liked having their company even for just a short while. He really got close to Sunny during their Invincible Youth days and although he favored Yuri a lot during that time, she really liked Sunny because she was like the tomboy daughter he never had.

"Appa. Can you drive us back to the village? There's too much to carry." Sunny cheekily asked him.

"Eih. You don't need to ask. It's already prepared." The oldman said as he started carrying the foods Jessica finished wrapping.

"Chief. Do you think the people will recognize us in the car?" Jessica asked.

He stopped and looked at her for a moment before turning his head to Sunny. "This girl really doesn't trust me. She won't even call me like you do."

"Aniyo! Aniyo! Jjinja aniyo." Jessica panicked and looked at Sunny for help.

Sunny was having fun watching how Chief Wanggu playfully scolded the girl but it didn't seem like so for Jessica.

"Appa, stop teasing her. She's just very shy because she just met you." She playfully hit the old man who cracked up.

Jessica turned red when she realized that the old man was just scolding her for fun. She finished wrapping the last dish and Sunny helped carry the rest to of the food to the car. They left the house by seven-thirty and got back to the village ten minutes later.

"Did the rest of the girls wake up the same time as you?" Chief Wanggu directed the question to Jessica.

"Uhm. Aniyo. Yuri and maknae should be awake by now but not the rest of the girls. They're dead tired." She answered but the Sica-effect unexpectedly happened.

Chief Wanggu stood there quietly and looked at her as if she just said something alien to him. Sunny saw the whole thing and just laughed at them.

"What's with her?" Chief Wanggu teased.

"Aaah~." Jessica yelled and ran off inside making them laugh even more.

"Yah! Tell the others to set the table outside." Sunny screamed watching her friend run off from embarassment.

"I like that girl. She's funny." The old man remarked making them chuckle as they carried the foods inside.

As expected, Seohyun was already awake coming out to greet them and help prepare the table. 

"Wanggu Appa!" Yuri followed running towards the old man with Jessica behind her.

"Aigoo~. Uri Yuri. Did you get a good sleep? Did you all get a good night sleep?" He asked but was looking at the rest of the girls coming out one by one.

The girls answered brightly and bowed along with their greeting. Everything was set already so they all sat down with the old man being dragged by Yuri to eat with them. 

While eating, Sunny couldn't help notice how Tiffany would keep glancing her way with a solemn expression. An expression she only used when she had something serious going on or when a fight is about to break out. She kept eyeing her and turning her head towards Sunny and finally she mouthed something to her after her fifth turn.

"You, me, talk later." Sunny was more confused and only when Tiffany sneakily pointed her finger towards her seatmate did she get what she meant.

Her eyes grew big in surprise and she started feeling cold sweats on her palm. She might be a few months older than her but when Tiffany becomes serious, she tends to feel more like there is a huge between them. It becomes as if she was her daughter or a student being scolded by a teacher.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*N: Good day! 

     I hope everyone's having a good one. So apparently, it seems that I will not able to finish this FF by this month but I am doing my best with putting each ideas together.

      Again, thank you ladies and gents for reading, subscribing and commenting. :D