Thirty Three

Roommate 2: Running Away

"Is that the best you've got?" Ryohei egged on holding the sandbag while Sunny threw her best punch.

They've been at it for twenty minutes now and Sunny was feeling tired and beat up but Ryohei still pushed her and kept saying they weren't done yet.

"Yah! I said give me your best shot!" He yelled, pushing the bag towards her.

His temper caught her off guard and with him pressuring her over and over, she bit her tongue and put everything she felt on her fist and threw her best punch. 

"Good job!" Ryohei exclaimed, quickly recovering from that. "Keep it going! Come on!"

One. Two. Three. Ten. Twenty punches later, Sunny was panting so hard she hugged the bag for a full minute. Ryohei thought she'd had enough until she screamed and started going full on rampage on the sandbag. 

"Wae?! Why?! WHY?! Damn it! Why?" She screamed at the top of her lungs, her body tired and trembling and her mind and heart burning and ready to explode.  

She threw another punch but due to the intensity of her earlier punches, her jab was so weak that it slid off to the side pulling her petite body down along.

Her fall was quick but not hard since Ryohei reacted quickly slipping his arm around her sides and falling ahead for him to be her safety mattress.

"Augh! You're heavy." He grunted. 

The fact that he just said the word heavy and related it to her would've caused him bruises but nothing happened.  He tried getting up but she won't budge so he simply stayed still

"I'm tired." Her voice was faint but he heard her.

He laughed lightly. "How are you not? You gave that bag quite the beating."

"I'm so tired." She repeated this time while sobbing.

He got so hyped up from watching her beat the hell up out off that sand bag that he forgot why they were in there in the first place.

"Everything keeps piling up after the other and I just can't take it anymore. I just want to leave everything and disappear."

Oh, Sunny. He thought as he held her, caressing her hair and rubbing her back. 

"It hurts, oppa." She sobbed, keeping a tight grip on his shirt. "It just hurts. "

"Shh.. It's okay. It's okay." He kept whispering and assuring her that everything is going to be nothing more but okay.

"No! It's not! Can't you see that?" She yelled, hitting him with her still boxing glove covered hand. "My grandparents are gone. My imo who loved me like her own left me. And one of my bestfriends left me! They all just left! Even my parents left me behind because I wanted to be in this damned industry! Damn it! It's not okay!" She spattered pain, guilt and every other emotions she felt as the words left . "I just hate everything, oppa. I hate it. They always ALWAYS leave me behind."

Ryohei sighed and closed his eyes for a second.

"You know what, you're right. It is not okay." Rather than shushing her and telling her things she wanted to hear, the best approach he had is to tell her what she needed to hear. "Right now, nothing is okay. But that doesn't mean it's never going to be okay forever."

Sunny whined pushing herself up not wanting to hear what he has to say. 

"No. You need to hear this." He said pulling her down again to his chest and securing her with his arms. "Listen. Just listen for a bit okay?" He pleaded. "When you said they always leave you behind, I'm pretty sure you're wrong. Another thing, you said one of my bestfriends." He drew a line on her back. "In your group there are nine of you. Nine is a lot and with one gone, there's still eight of you left. That means you still have seven bestfriends with you. And the truth is, Jessica never really left did she? She might not be anywhere near you at the moment but she is with you."

He knew he's headed for that cliche line but it didn't matter. He didn't care how he'd look or sound like when all he cared about is making sure that she hears everything she needed and that it helps heal her in a way. "Like your grandparents, your aunt and your parents, they are all with you in your heart and your memories. And the best thing about having them in your memories is that you get to replay every memory you love whenever you miss and want to see them. Do you get what I'm trying to tell you?"

She nodded and couldn't help but cry. "I-I do, oppa. It's just that," she swallowed hard and continued to speak. "I... I... I know they're here. Although my grandparents and my aunts have gone and passed, they've given me the best memories. And with the rest of my family and the girls, even with them being here and alive, I just can't help but feel so... I just... I feel so alone, oppa." She confessed and pressed her cheeks to his chest as she cried out some more.

"You're not." He said matter-of-factly. "You have your cousins, your uncle and those crazy girls. And you know what, with our housemates buzzing around, you definitely say that you have them. Including me."

"R-really?" The tone of douct was still there. 

"Yah. You mean even after what I said you still don't believe me?" He said half offended but more amused. "Trust me. You are not and will never be alone. Not if I have something to do about it."

Out of impulse, he kissed the top of her head and felt Sunny suddenly tense just after. 

"I-I should get up." With her still gloved hands, she squirmed trying to get up.

Ryohei tried to stop her with the possibility of her slipping again and falling on top of him once more. "Wait, you could-" 

 

"Where are you right now?"

Sunny got startled to reality after a long while of silence in her own world. She turned and saw Tiffany leaning on the kitchen door frame, holding on two glasses of what seems to be her all time favorite fresh strawberry milkshake.

"H-hey." She greeted opening her arms for a hug. 

Tiffany placed the glasses on the coffee table before returning her hug and taking a seat on the space next to her.

"I didn't hear you come in. When did you get here?" Sunny asked taking the glass that Tiffany offered her.

"I can see that. About ten - fifteen minutes ago. You didn't even flinch when I used the blender." She answered. "So, what were you thinking that got you way off into your own world?"

The shorter girl gave a light and nervous laugh. 

"O-oh. It was nothing." She lied. She saw Tiffany give her a blank observing look and before she could add anymore to her lies, she saw her shrug.

"Nevermind." Tiffany scooted closer and turned the tv on. "The girls are on there way with dinner. It should be a fun night."

Ugh. Sunny groaned knowing she won't be able to escape this one. 

 

It was the middle of the night, too lazy and tired to drive herself to the sharehouse, Sunny dragged herself from the sofa tugging along the blanket one of the girls covered her with, she decided to sleep next to the kid leader. Slipping herself inside the warmth of the comforter and hugging the slim figure to her right, she placed closed her eyes praying to get some more sleep.

"Sunny?" Taeyeon's groggy voice made her hum a response before the girl squirmed to face her. "Hey. Didn't expect you to be sleeping over."

Taeyeon cuddled her like a child who slipped in next to her mother after a nightmare and started rubbing her back.

She missed this. The way her friend treated her so much like a real sister even with the fact that they were merely two months apart and the fact that they are not even related. Thinking about it, in times where she felt so down and low, Taeyeon was the first one to ever guess something wrong about her and would always provide any sort of help for her. 

"Want to tell me what's been bothering you lately?" The kid leader ask as she felt the sandman closing in on her once more.

Not even thinking about it, she answered. "I made out with him."

The back rub stopped and she felt her body tense. "What?"

"I made out with Ryohei-oppa." Sunny repeated.

Taeyeon's body jerked up and her eyes were now wide open. "MWOH?!"

"Shh!" Sunny got up so quick and covered the kid leaders mouth before she wakes everybody in the whole block.

"Mmm Mhmmnm MMHN?" Taeyeon, contrary to her name, was no calm beauty at the moment. Though her lips were tightly covered by Sunny, she still raged about the sudden confession of her friend.

"I know! I know!" Sunny whispered, panicking that one of the girls might wake up. "Please! Just relax for a minute and I'll tell you what happened. Please." 

Puffing out air through her nose, she pried her hands off while still giving her an angry look. "Is this why you've been hanging around here for the past two weeks?"

"Yes." Sunny admitted and quickly covered the leader's mouth before she could start raging at her. "Please. Let me explain, okay? Just keep your lips sealed until I'm done and then you can go at me all you want."

Taeyeon gave her the stink eye  watching her flinch before nodding to her condition. 

Sunny started with the extreme work out Ryohei had planned for her, leaving out the reason why it had to be extreme in the first place, and went on to how she slipped and was about to fall when he volunteered to catch her and be her safety matress. She then went on about them talking - again, leaving the topic - and having fun while they lay in that position. 

"I tried to get up but with my hands still covered by the gloves, and sweat all over it, I slipped. Cue the cliche and before you know it, one thing led to another..."

She had her head down and fidgeting with her fingers all the while she explained this and she didn't know how Taeyeon was taking this in. Tilting her head to check and read her friend's expression, she saw blank.

Sighing and getting weirded out by the blankness she nudge her. "Well, aren't you going to say anything?" 

Taeyeon opened but then it was just to change her expression. She was doing one or some of her derpy faces and Sunny hated it when she does that. 

"Will you just sa what you want to say and not do that creepy face of yours?"

"What are you getting mad at me for?  You're the one who made out with the guy and hanged around here just to avoid him." The kid leader nudged back.

Sunny sighed in defeat. "I'm just so confused! I don't know what's going on in my head anymore. You should've just shoved me in an asylum."

"Woah! Maybe now would be a good time to do just that." Taeyeon said flicking her in the forehead. "Anyway, why did you do it?"

It was always up to Taeyeon to make her express herself before asking the right question. "I- uhm... I-I don't know?"

Then Taeyeon gave her that look. "Okay. Who initiated the kiss and how did you feel after?"

Sunny bit her lip and guiltily raised her hand. "I felt more confuse and I like him but..."

"There you go then." 

 

 

 

N: Yoha!

Hi guys! So this would be a crappy update but I've been sick and blocked so much lately that I just can't find the right ideas for this updates. 

Anyhow, I've been going over this update so much that I had to junk how many drafts and I decided to just write without having to review it.

As always, you guys have been awesome for being so patient and understanding. Thanks to you all whether your a subscriber or a simple reader. And thanks to all for commenting and upvoting.