Twenty Five

Roommate 2: Running Away

Strangely, for the first time in quite a while, the girls started waking up in chronological order. Taeyeon was the first to get up and was surprised to see Sooyeon waking up after her. The others followed and so on. 

While the girls seem to have a peaceful morning doing their daily routines, it hadn't come across their minds that someone was currently missing. It was already seven thirty and Chief arrived with some dishes he and Mrs. Lee prepared for the girls.

"Ani~. Where is Sunny?" Chief Wanggu asked looking around while the girls were setting up the table.

"She's in the other room." Sooyoung mindlessly answered while setting the utensils.

"The other room? She's still sleeping?" He asked noone in particular and stepped down to go and check the said room.

He was about to open the room when Jessica and Taeyeon remembered about last night.

"Appa!" Jessica stopped him with her dolphin tone.

Tiffany got to the old man and tried to pull him away from the door.

"Why don't you sit down aboji and I'll wake her up." Tiffany said.

While the two were panicking trying to stop the old man from going in, Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, and Sooyoung - who just remembered why the short one was there, were laughing on the side and enjoying the idea of the old man finding Sunny and a man sleeping side by side.

"Aniya. Go and sit down and I'll wake her up." He said firmly and pulled off Tiffany's grip.

He opened the door and took a step in before seeing the man from yesterday - who by the way, he totally forgot about lying on the floor sleeping while Sunny slept on his chest. His eyes grew wide and he breathed in deep.

"Here it comes~."  Taeyeon sang while watching the old man from the door way. 

"3. . ." Hyoyeon started.

"2. . ." Sooyoung followed.

"1. . ." Taeyeon covered her ears.

"YAH!. . ."

 

Sunny was back in her room after a busy schedule. It's been a week since she and the girls went on their trip and who knew that with just three days of vacation would cause her schedule to be jam-packed the following week. She just came from a four hour recording session after a few hours of meeting with some producers and in an hour, she'd be off again to her radio DJ schedule.

She used the time she had which was barely less than an hour and a half to come back and take a quick shower then pack some over night clothes for her to use when she goes over to take charge of the over nigh shift taking care of her sick aunt.

"You've been out since early morning. Where are you off to now?" Ryohei's voice came out of nowhere making her jump.

"Yah!" She screamed at the man for the surprise. "Will you stop doing that."

Ryohei just chuckled watching her reaction. He got in to sit on her bed again like before but before his could land on her bed, a panicking Jackson came running up to her room.

"Wae? Wae? Wae? What's going on? I heard noona scream." The boy came running in with a selca stick in hand ready to hit someone.

The two looked at each other and to the youngster then laughed at his panicky state.

"Nothing's wrong Jackie." Sunny said cutely and hugged the adorable Jackson.

Jackson dropped the stick and returned the gesture.

"I love it when Sunny-noona hugs me." He nuzzled his chin on her shoulder and sniffs her freshly washed and still wet hair. "You always smell sweet!"

Ryohei felt a little jealous so he stood up and joined the moment. They sandwhiched the tiny girl with their hugs,

"Ohkkayy!! Can't breath!" Sunny squeaked trying to get out of their hold.

Ryohei let her go first but Jackson gave her one last nuzzle tickling her before letting her go.

"So why were you screaming again?" He asked picking up the stick.

"Hit him with that. He scared me." Sunny pointed to Ryohei who just shrugged in response.

"Oh." He answered nonchalantly.

He stayed silent for a few seconds then poked Ryohei with the use of the stick and his fencing skills before laughing like the silly kid he is and running off before Ryohei could catch up to him.

"Eish, jjeongmal! See what you do to that kid." He said rubbing his chest.

"A well deserve hit. Now, will you please leave so that I can finish packing without any distaction?" Sunny asked cutely.

Ryohei just scoffed and made himself even more comfortable in her bed by lying down. "I thought you only had a DJ schedule today? What's with the overnight pack?"

"Oh. . . I, uhm. . ." She was thinking of some excuse to tell him.

She looked at Ryohei and she saw him giving her that look. A look that clearly stated 'Don't even try. I know you're going to lie.'

"Oh, fine!" She answered in defeat. "I'm packing for an overnight stay to take care of my aunt."

"You mean Lee Soo Man-uijang's wife? The one with the-" He didn't want to finish the sentence.

Sunny froze surprised as to how Ryohei knew about that matter. Then her mind went to the girls.

"Did the girls tell you?"

"Ah, no. I kind of overheard it while waiting for my appoinment in the hospital." He explained.

"But it was supposed to be a private room exam. How could you possibly over hear something like that?" She asked again.

His brows creased as he answered. "It wasn't a private room. It was a semi two bed room suite because from what I heard the hospital was quiet occupied that time so they had to share the room with me. They thought I was asleep, and I was for the past few hours, but I woke up during the important part." He said further.

"Oh." She said with a gloomy tone and then noticed the time. "Crap! I only have twenty five minutes left!"

"Is your manager picking you up?" He asked looking at the panic-stricken girl.

"Ani. I was hoping you're going to drive me." She looked at him with her puppy eyes.

 

Her hospital hour ended a couple of hours ago when her cousin arrived earlier than expected to take over. She insisted on staying for a couple more hours but the younger Lee, was wau more stubborn than she was so she decided to follow as she was told and went back to take a few hours of sleep before she , Nana, and Gook Ju go on their girl's day out.

She quickly got ready and they spent the day having fun and laying back like they wanted. It was just a couple of hours but it was a well enough needed couple of hours of relaxation for her before she goes back to work.

The following days was pretty much the same with Sunny.

The days were very hectic but she always had the time to spend with the roommates where she found herself relaxng and having fun.

It was in middle of the third week of September when she had to make drastic changes in her schedules. She even had to personally approach most of the PD's and thankfully they accepted her apology without needing to hear her reasons. Most of the PDs she knew, she considered as friends and some were considered as simply colleagues.

 

She was laying on the couch exhausted in the living room when Ryohei arrived from his practice.

"You're home?" She asked with a sleepy voice.

"Yup. You're home alone?" He asked looking around.

"Eoh." She answered trying to fight sleep.

Ryohei sighed looking at her. "Why are you trying to sleep here when your room is upstairs?"

"I'm too tired~." She whined.

"You've been working non-stop, how can you not feel tired? Come on, get up. I'll help you to your room." He held his hand out but she just looked at it.

"Carry me?" She sneakily smile and held her arms out.

"What? No. Just get up and I'll help you get there." He protested.

Sunny pouted and turned to her side. "I'm sleeping."

Ryohei sighed again and Sunny knew it was from defeat. He grabbed his gym bag and put it on before crouching down and carrying Sunny like a bride.

Sunny smirked and nuzzled her head on his chest. "Thank you oppa."

"You can be so manipulative. I don't know how or why I fall for it. Tch." He said.

"Ei~. Don't be like that." She said already falling asleep. "I know you like me anyway." 

Her words hit him by surprise stopping him in the middle of the staircase. He looked at the girl and saw her soflty breathing and already fast asleep on his arms and chest. He smiled looking at her peaceful face and momentarily forgetting what she just said.

He slowly and gently laid her to bed and tucked her in quietly.

"To think people calling you a smart girl is such an understatement." He said and bent down to look at her sleeping face closer. 

It wasn't the first time that he had carried her to her bed or the first time he ever saw her sleeping face. But it was the first time he was looking at her this upclose with barely a foot of space separating the two of them.

"I don't understand how we've only gotten to know each other in more or less a month and you've somehow got me caught up in your trap and wrapped around your finger." He said and reached out to brush off a strayed her on her face.

He sighed again when he seeing her so relaxed. "What should I do with you? You don't even know how to properly share your feelings or conver them but you surely do know how to figure out others feelings."

He was poking and caressing her cheeks.

"You've even managed to figure out what I've been wanting to figure out and say out loud how I feel about you." He whispered and smiled to himself.

Unknowingly, as he slowly got up, he stopped midway and slowly closed in on Sunny's sleeping face.

With just a few inches left, he didn't stop. As gently as he could, with his lips slighlty puckered up,it  reached the soft and smooth milky cheek of the sleeping girl.

 

 

 

 

   

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

*N: Hello! 

     So, I would like to apologize as I wasn't able to update the past few days like I would've wanted.

     Anyway, here's a new chapter and I hope you like it! Thank you once again for reading, commenting, subscribing and upvoting!

    ~ chu <3