Fourteen

Roommate 2: Running Away

There's no reset or rewind

You'll do your things in your own time.

 


 

It's been days since the drama with Sunny and her group members happened. Although she tried her best in avoiding the calls and messages from the girls, they haven't failed trying to relay messages to her through the others especially Ryohei. Deep down, she did want to take the calls except, she opted thought it would be better if she didn't. Not until she figures out why all of a sudden, would Taeyeon be forcing Jessica to make a choice and why she'd suddenly bring her family background out. 

They've all known each other for years now and basically are closer together than to any real blood family member they have. They know what make each tick and what not to bring about each other. And she knew for her own, that in whatever reason, she kne Taeyeon enough.

 

Still lost in her own world of figuring things out, she didn't notice that there was someone watching her from behind. 

"Yah." Ryohei suddenly said which made the girl jump in surprise.

"Ah!! Oppa!" She turned around and subconciously hit the man in the chest.

"Will you at least give a sign first before you sneak on someone like that? Aish!" Her heart was still beating fast and wild.

Ryohei who seemed amused snickered and reached out to grab her hand. 

"Come on. Let's go eat." 

"I'm not hungry." She said pulling her hand back.

"Well, you weren't hungry when the maknaes woke you up this morning, you weren't hungry when your manager tried to give you food just before your radio dj schedule and you didn't even take a bite of the snack that I had delivered for you while you were on the air."

Sunny just stood there and looked guilty.

"So don't tell me you're not hungry for dinner." He grabbed her hand again and guided her down the stairs to the dining table.

"I'm really not hungry." She said in a whisper to avoid the others from hearing it.

"No, you are hungry. Especially since, noona cooked all her best dishes." He said truthfully knowing that she wouldn't be able to refuse.

 

A little while later after dinner and helping out with the cleaning, she went back to her spot in the entertainment area. Seating on the edge of the couch facing the window. And like the past few days, everyone would just say their good nights and she would hum back as a reply. Then, Ryohei would come and sit a while with her before she drifts to sleep and wake up in the morning in her own bed. 

"Sun~ah." Ryohei called for her.

"Sunny~ah." He called out again when she didn't respond and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Hmm?" She answered.

"Did they tell you about the friend gathering housewarming party for tomorrow?"

"Aniyo." She answered turning her head to look at him.

"So then I'm telling you that we'll all be bringing a friend tomorrow for the housewarming party."

"Oh? Okay." She answered coldly and turned her head back to the window, watching the night sky with its sparkling stars letting herself drift slowly once more on the comfort of Ryohei's arm.

 

Waking up in her bed, the first thing she did was contact Yoona to meet her at a secluded cafe not too far or too close from the dorm. She had herself ready in the next twenty minutes and quietly sneaked out of the house. Not informing anyone else, even her manager, she had to take a taxi to meet her there. Checking her reflection in the car mirror, she saw someone standing by the gate of the house. She turned her head only to see Ryohei with his hand on his pocket watching her as the taxi drove off. With a smile, she raised her hand and waved goodbye even if she knew that he might not have seen her do so. The last thing she saw was him waving back.

 

It's been an hour since Yoona received her unnie's text message and it's been over thirty minutes since she arrived alone in the cafe. 

Where are you? She's been asking herself the question for the past thiry minutes. She was getting anxious and impatient not just for her unnie but also for herself. Franticly looking at the door and her wrist watch, she was having second thoughts if she should just sit still and wait for her or contact someone to check if she was already on the way. 

"Eish~. Unnie where are you?" She whispered.

 

Paying the fare, she stepped out of the car and hesitantly made her way to the cafe. Opening the door, it shook the bell instantly signaling her entrance. She entered ever so slowly trying to peek if there were a lot of customers already. Peeking at the corner table, she saw Yoona immediately and went to sit with her.

"Unnie." Yoona stood and hesitated before Sunny opened her arms.

"I'm sorry." Sunny said as she held the girl who is now shaking.

"Aniyo, unnie. It's not your fault. You didn't do anything wrong."

Sunny gave a soft smile from the maknae's consideration and told her to sit down. 

"You look like you haven't eaten or slept at all." She said after taking a good look at her face.

"You say that but look at you." She said and they both giggled.

Sunny sighed. "You know why I called you out right?" 

Yoona nodded as an answer.

"Will you tell me everything?" She asked. Her tone sounded depressed.

"From the start." Yoona answered.

 

It was already eight and Sunny was in the van with a sleeping Yoona on their way to the shared house. Sunny looked at the girl and had her mind autoreplay everything that she said earlier.

"From what I've gathered, Taeyeon unnie started acting strange after our last meeting for the Concert. I don't know if you remember but, right after the meeting, one of the managers caught up to her and told her that the CEO wanted to talk to her. It seemed like it was supposed to be a secret message because the manager was shocked when he saw me standing a little close to them. She came late for the party and when she did, her face was sullen. I asked her what it was about but she said it was nothing and just that. After that, the day when you left for Roommate, she simply started asking Jessica-unnie. Then it became a nagging to pestering situation. Finally, Sica unnie had enough of it and it all ended to today." 

"Okay. We're here." Her mind was brought to present by the voice of their manager.

"Eoh. Give us ten minutes oppa." 

Sunny unbuckled her belt and reached out to pat Yoona awake. 

"Uhm?" Yoona responded half asleep.

"We're here." 

"Eoh?" She said and yawned stretching her arm. "Let's go."

Sunny giggled and flicked her in the head. "Wake up properly first pabbo-ya."

 

The rest of the night started after their greeting. Everybody had a good laugh and good time enjoying the party and each others company. What most didn't know was that, Sunny was becoming a green-eyed monster throughout the evening. 

The good thing was, that green-eyed monster disappeared after she got to spend the rest of the evening with him alone.

"Success?" She asked after Ryohei came out to the entertainment room.

"Uhuh." He answered sitting beside him.

"I guess you just needed some cheering." Sunny teased.

"Aish~ This brat." He said and pushed a pillow towards Sunny.

Sunny laughed and giggled. Ryohei sat there for a while and just watched her having fun. You have been so stressed and down this past few days, it's nice to see you laugh so sincerely and whole heartedly. Sunny must have sensed it because she stopped and looked at him.

"Wae?" She asked out of breathe.

"It's nothing." Ryohei said and gave her a soft smile.

"Hey, you kind of avoided me during the party." He said grabbing a beer from the table.

"Me?" Sunny reacted in surprise. "You were the one busy entertaining Chae Yeon unnie and I was also busy with Yoona."

"Yeah right." He said believing her half heartedly. "Come on. Let's finish this up and start cleaning up before we sleep."

"Eish~Jinja. Sometimes you're boring and sometimes you're just you." 

"Boring? Me?" He said in disbelief.

"Eoh." She said and took a gulp of beer.

"Take it back." He said looking so mischievous.

"Bwoh?"

"Take it back."

"Take what back?" She asked playing innocent.

"Okay. You have ten seconds to take it back or else."

"Take what back or else what?"

"Ten. . . nine. . ."

"I seriously don't know what you're talking about." She said slowly trying to move away from him.

"five. . . four. . . three. . . two . one!" Ryohei said and grabbed her before she could even get away.

As for the or else part, Ryohei tickled her like crazy. Holding both arm with one hand and also as a restrainer while he used the other to poke and tickle her waist. Her laughter was loud but it still didn't stop him from tickling her.

"You're not taking it back?" He stopped to ask.

"B-bwo-bwoh??" Sunny asked out of breathe.

"Fine." He said and continued tickling her.

Her laughter resonated all through the house. 

"A-arasseo o-ppa." 

"Arasseo bwoh?"

"You're not boring." She said and Ryohei finally stopped.

Both were out of breathe from having fun that they stayed in that position for a while. 

 

"Oh? What's this?" Jong-ok was surprised when she saw the both of them cuddled together asleep at the sofa.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~All photo/picture belong to their right owners.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*N: How's everybody been doing?

      I've been quite busy this past few week so I haven't been able to update much. I probably won't be updating until next week again so I'll take a lot of chance today to write up as much as I can and update.

     Hope you guys would still continue reading this. 

     And also, I would like to thank you once more for reading this. :D :3