Twenty Eight

Roommate 2: Running Away

Sunny was quietly and uncomfortably sleeping when she felt someone forcing her awake.

"Wake up, noona. Your phone's been vibrating for like crazy." Hyungyu whispered while tapping on her shoulder.

"Eunngg..." She whined and tried to bat the hand away.

"Noona. Wake up. The noonas have been calling you like crazy. Wake up already. " The kid didn't hide the annoyance in his voice.

Sunny bolted the second she remembered what was about to happen.

"!" She cursed.

"Lang-gu-wai-ge, y-ou-ung lady." A strained voice said reminding her where she was.

She sat back down and held her aunt's frail hands. "I'm so so sorry auntie. I need to go. I~"

"Kwen-ch-ahna." Her aunt said and tried best to squeeze her hand gently.

"I'm going." She softly said and stood to give her forehead a kiss before leaving.

Her cousin followed her out the door.

"Noona, please tell Sooyeon-noona that it wasn't a funny joke." He said sounding like an injured little pup.

Sunny stopped on her tracks and turned to face the boy. "What joke?" She asked.

"Her weibo post. It's been up there for a couple of minutes now." He answered.

"Her-" She stopped and scrambled to find her phone. "I'll go and you go back to auntie." She didn't wait for him to answer and quickly ran to the parking lot while trying to call the girls.

 

She was stuck on a red light when somebody finally picked up her call.

"Hello?" Taeyeon answered.

"What happened?" Sunny frantically asked.

"Are you packed?." The voice sounded distraught.

"Taengoo-yah. What happened?" She said.

"Okay. Meet us at the dorm lobby then. Hurry 'cause oppa's on his way already." Taeyeon evaded her question again.

"I'm asking you what happened?!" Sunny yelled and dropped the phone when the car behind her honked.

She didn't bother picking her phone up and just drove.

 

"Jung Jessica!" Seohyun shouted as she tried catching up to the older girl. Seohyun ran off from the others as fast as she could just so she could catch up the the older girl.

"Unnie. Please." She sounded as though she was about to cry.

Jessica stopped and turned to hug the girl. "I'm here. It's okay, baby. Don't cry. Not here." She murmured as she consoled her.

"It wasn't the plan." Seohyun swallowed the lump in .

Jessica scoffed. "You're crying 'cause the plan was changed?" 

"No. I mean, we should've at least tried to do something." She whispered.

She smiled. "It's okay. You did great." She patted her back. "You did as I asked. The rest will go as planned." 

"But-"

"No. You have to go now. Tyler's probably in the lot already. We can't risk anything." Jessica pulled out, took one last look at her and caressed her cheek before turning away.

Seohyun stood and watch as Jessica walked away.

The girls finally caught up to her. Taeyeon said nothing but held her hand and lead the girls to the parking lot.

 

It was complete silence inside the van until Sunny made the call. The man on the wheels was an assigned driver by the management and she couldn't risk telling her anything. Lucky for her, she had plugged the earphones earlier. So the risk of the man hearing Sunny on the phone was out.

"Who is it?" Tiffany asked.

"Sunny." She answered before putting the plugs in her ear and picking up the call.

She acted casually as if she was actually answering Sunny's question.

"Hmm. Drive safe." She said and ended the call.

"What'd she say?" Sooyoung mumbled.

"She said she just came from auntie's. She's on her way to the dorm now." She answered.

Not a word was spoken after that and they all just kept quiet until they reached the dorm.

 

"Yah. Where are you?" Ryohei sounded pissed but mostly concerned when Sunny finally called him. He's been trying for a couple of times already but he just couldn't get through.

"Hi oppa. I'm on my way to the dorm." Sunny answered.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I don't know. Look, uhm, I'm sorry I woke you up. I just really need a favor." She said.

"You didn't. What is it?" Truth was, he was woken up by a phone call earlier by a friend who saw and asked him about the post online. Of course he didn't know about it so he quickly ended the call and searched the internet.

"Can you to my room and bring my luggage to the dorm? I really have no time to go back there. Please." She didn't need to say please for him to do anything for her.

"Yeah, sure. On my way. I'll be there as soon as I can." He answered.

"Drink some coffee before you drive. I don't want you to get to any accident or any. Okay?" Her voice sounded a little tired.

"Don't worry. Hang-up already. You shouldn't be driving while on the phone." He also reminded her.

"Mm. Arasso. Bye." She said and ended the call

He had his pants on when the phone call ended and is already in Sunny & Jong-ok's room quietly taking Sunny's luggages. He was lucky that the oldest noona got in late and was in deep sleep.

Like Sunny said, he stopped by a coffee shop and bought two large cups of coffee and started drinking one before driving off again to the dorm.

 

"Girls, stop it. Please." Taeyeon pleaded with her cracking voice.

They were already at the dorm and only when they finally opened the door did their tears start falling. Once one of them started to cry, the rest followed.

"U-unnie." Seohyun stammered and held her tighter.

"Please. Enough." Taeyeon swallowed the lump on and did her best not to cry.

Although the crying was a part of the plan, the scene in front of Taeyeon wasn't just acting. It was pure heart and soul, real. 

The idea didn't come up until Tiffany had reminded the girls about the camera while they were at the IY village. Just the mere thought of them faking tears and acting was pure comic entertainment during the planning process. They had no idea that they didn't need to make it part of the plan since it was a basic and natural instinct for one to cry in times of pain and sorrow.

"We really didn't need to plan this, huh?" Tiffany whispered sobbing and wiping her tears.

Hyoyeon tried not to laugh but failed miserably. "I-I'm done crying. I can't." She stammered.

"You always say that." Tiffany said and wiped the blonde's tears for her.

"Thanks." Hyoyeon said and wiped the rest off.

"You need to stop crying. Taeyeon's -hic- right." Tiffany hiccuped.

Taeyeon smiled at the girl, she always had her back. "Come on. Get your luggages. Sunny will-"

The sound of the door opening alerted the girls and cut Taeyeon off.

"Jung Sooyeon?" She panthed in between asking where the said girl was.

She looked around the room and saw the pain and anger lingering in their eyes.

"Where is she?!" She yelled.

"Maybe if you answered your phone you would know!" Sooyoung screamed louder and quickly regretted so, retreating to her room.

The rest of the girls wanted to say the same to Sunny but they knew what she was going through at the moment. 

"You didn't get called in, did you?" Tiffany asked her.

Sunny raised a brow in confusion, not understanding her question.

Taeyeon sighed. "Fany, can you make sure Soo's okay?" She patted the girl on the shoulder. 

"Sure." The girl answered and did as told.

"Thanks. The rest of you, go get cleaned up. Oppa will be here in a few." She told the others and they scattered to the directions of their rooms.

"Sofa. Let's talk." She didn't have to tell Sunny what happened but she did have to tell her what happened in the room.

The shorter girl followed and sat on the opposite end of the sofa.

"You're going to let me talk and you're not going to interrupt until I'm done." Sunny bit her lip and rubbed her temple. She just nodded and quietly listened.

"Jessica was being harrased by CEO Kim and the post on weibo was his doing. She left in exchange of our protection and that's all there is to say. She left before us and I saw her get picked up by Tyler. I can't tell you everything right now. Like I said, oppa will be here in a few so I need you to go and get yourself ready before we go."  Taeyeon laid it out in summary and left the girl sitting to go and check on the others.

"That's it?" Sunny asked with gritted teeth.

"The summary of it. For now, go get ready. We still have our schedule." Taeyeon said and got up.

"Screw the schedule! I want to know what happened and why the hell I wasn't called in!?" Sunny jerked up and raised her voice.

"No, screw you!" Taeyeon took a step and yelled at her face. "You think you're the only one who's mad?! I am, too! Everybody is! But we still have other priorities to handle and we can't just back out. So please, I'm begging you to listen to me and just get yourself ready!" She exhaled and turned around leaving the girl.

Sunny grabbed her hair in frustration and screamed before storming off to do what she was told.

 

Ryohei arrived just in time to see some of the girls on the lobby area. He didn't want to go in because he couldn't find Sunny but Yoona had already spotted  him so she called him over.

Still feeling a little awkward, he just waved and greeted the girls. The girls greeted back similarly and just stood there staring at each other.

"Uhm, did unnie?" Yoona asked trying to ease the awkwardness.

"Yeah. I, uhm, brought her luggage." He answered.

The silence took over again for a couple of minutes until the elevator dinged and out came Taeyeon followed by Sunny.

As if on instinct, Ryohei walked passed the girls and went directly to a startled Sunny, grabbing her and holding her tightly on his chest.

Sunny didn't have to see his face to know that it was Ryohei. She knew it was him from just his scent.

"Are you okay?" He asked her in a hushed tone. 

Sunny pressed her head on his chest and answered, "Not yet."

They probably stood there for a couple of minutes forgetting that they weren't alone. The others really didn't mind and even felt quiet jealous and giddy of the scene. 

Yuri brought out her phone and sneakily went to the side trying to find a good angle.

"Feeling better?" He asked after a while of rubbing her back and her hair.

"Yeah." She answered looking up to give him a smile.

Ryohei smiled in return and quickly bent down to give her a peck on her forehead. 

Yuri with her phone on hand was very very lucky to have actually shot the picture but not lucky enough to have remembered to turn the shutter sound off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*N: Hello!

     Pretty boring huh? ;(

     Thank you guys for reading and subscribing! ;P