Twenty Nine

Roommate 2: Running Away

Apparently, Yuri's camera shutter sound wasn't as loud as she thought or the two were just too lost in their own world to notice. That was quite a lucky break for her, or so she thought. 

The lobby door opened just when Sunny and Ryohei broke off the hug. 

"We have a problem."

All of them turned their heads towards the speaker. It was one of their manager who was set to be the driver of one of the van.

"What is it?" Taeyeon asked.

"Chunjong is not coming. And the two idiots outside can drive because they told me they had two bottles of beer earlier." He simply answered and causing the girls to wonder why.

"It's no big deal. Can't you just call up one of the managers on standby in the agency?" Sooyoung nonchalanty said.

"I-"

Tiffany cut him off before he could answer, "Why don't Ryohei oppa here just drive us?"

"What?" Sunny and Ryohei chorused.

"Yeah. Why not him?" Hyoyeon agreed pointing a finger to the guy.

"Who? Oh." Their manager said seeing the man for the first time.

"Neh. Annyeonghasaeyo. I'm Ryohei. Sunny's friend." He said awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

The man didn't greet back. Instead, he cocked his head and studied the man with his poker face. His eyes travelled back and forth to the man and Sunny who is strangely physically too close to the man.

"Who's he?" He asked turning his head to the girls piled up on one side of the room.

Sunny felt offended when the manager didn't greet Ryohei back and acted that way. "Yah. Oppa. He's a friend and an known actor."

"It's okay, Sunny." Ryohei said and smiled at her. "He's just doing his job."

"But." Sunny wanted to argue but Ryohei stopped her.

"I'm sorry." Their manager said. "Like you said, I'm doing my job. Anyway, are you okay with Tiffany's suggestion?"

"Oh, uhm. Why not? I'm good to drive." He answered.

Sunny lightly jabbed him in the side. "Don't you have anything to do later?" She whispered.

"No. Not really." He said.

"Are you sure?" She said trying to give the man a hint.

"Yeah." Ryohei answered missing the real intention.

"Damn, how clueless you can be sometimes." Sunny said in gritted teeth and pulled the man out to the lot next to the car he arrived in.

"What's wrong now?" Ryohei asked looking confused.

Sunny exhaled and glared at the man. "I'm trying to get you off here. Why can't you get the clue?"

"It's okay, really. And besides, I haven't seen much of you lately." He answered casually.

"W-what?" Sunny stuttered.

"Oh. Uhm, I-I just haven't seen much of you and when I do, I pretty much have to back out and leave you alone to rest. I never get to hang-out with you anymore." He said blushing.

To her, he sounded like a hurt puppy and she couldn't take that. "Fine."

Ryohei smiled. "Why don't you tell the girls and your manager while I load your luggage to the car?"

"Okay." Sunny muttered and Ryohei ruffled her hair before she went back inside.

 

"I smell coffee!" Taeyeon squealed when Ryohei got in the driver seat.

The man was holding two large coffee cups. "Sorry, I only had time to buy two and this one is half full." He lifted the cup. "Here. You can have this one." He turned and gave them the one left untouched.

Taeyeon smiled and thanked him while Sunny who is seated next to him grabbed the other one and quickly took a sip from it.

"Sunny-yah!" Ryohei scolded the girl. 

Sunny pouted. "Waaee?"

"You could've burned yourself with one wrong move. Eish~ this girl." He added. 

The girls; Taeyeon, Tiffany, Yoona, Hyoyeon, sat quietly and took turns with the coffee watching the scene in front of them.

 

"And you've been here for minutes already and you still haven't worn your seatbelt?" He continued and reached over to grab the thing while she relaxed her back on the car seat.

"Wow. Who knew he is such a nagger?" Hyoyeon whispered to the girls.

"Who knew she'd end up with one." Taeyeon corrected and the four of them snickered.

"Did you guys even notice that she drank from his cup?" Yoona added.

"Ooohh. You're right." Tiffany agreed. "Wah. It's like they do this often." She added.

"Why are you getting mad with just me? They're also not strapped in, you know." She argued childishly.

"Fine." He said and turned to the girls. "Ladies, would you mind strapping yourselves in so we could get going?" He asked kindly.

"Neh!" They chorused and did as told.

"Are you kidding me? You go and scold me and they get off the hook?" Sunny said feeling betrayed.

Ryohei mad a tsk sound ignoring her and started the car.

 

"Is it so weird to adore how their mood suddenly become cute and lovey one moment and all naggy-cranky the next?" Tiffany asked.

"Do you really have to ask?" Taeyeon answered and snickered.

 

"Wahh. So you're just going to ignore me like that." Sunny huffed and turned away.

Ryohei rolled his eyes and grabbed her blanket before spreading it over her. "Be quiet and go to sleep. You've had a long night." He said and took the coffee from her.

He drank the rest of the coffee and set the car on gear.

"You all had a long night. Why don't you girls get some rest?" He said looking at the rear view mirror.

The girls' expression and mood changed the moment he said it. Suddenly feeling tired, the girls propped themselves and closed their eyes.

Ryohei didn't mean to upset the girls. He just wanted to let them get some rest after what happened earlier. He took one last look at the girls and to Sunny, he brushed the hair on her face before handling the wheels. 

The GPS was already set in so all he had to do was follow the direction.

 

After driving the girls to the airport, Ryohei made sure to keep his disguise on and to stay inside the car. He didn't want to add to the problem that the girls are currently on. 

Before Sunny got off, she pulled Ryohei for a comforting hug and said her thank you and to tell the housemates that she is doing well and not to worry so much about her. Besides, she'll probablybe back tonight right after the concert. He just nodded and patted her head telling her to be careful and not to overwork.

Right after that, he drove the car back to the dorm and left the key in the soshi mailbox and went back to the house.

"Yo man! Where have you been?" Joon asked as soon as the man saw him enter the house. "We've been trying to call you for like hours."

"Oppa. Have you seen the articles?" Nana and Youngji chorused.

Apparently, some of the housemates; Jongok,Joon, Nana, Minwoo, Youngji, and Seho, saw the articles the moment they woke up and had no particular schedule during that day so decided to stay in the house just in case Sunny needed someone to be with.

"I went out to help Sunny with something and yes, I've seen the articles." He answered removing his jacket and finding a spot on sofa to plop on.

"Is unnie okay?" 

"How is she?"

"Where is she?"

Youngji, Seho and Minwoo said simultaneously.

"She's. . ." Ryohei sighed and massaged his temples. "I don't know." He shrugged.

"What? What do you mean you don't know?" Joon asked.

"It's just that, she looked fine but," he stopped again to think if he should say his own opinion on the matter. 

"But?" Nana asked.

"Her exact words were 'I am doing well and not to worry so much about me.'" He repeated for the short girl.

"That's it?" Seho asked.

"Yeah. We'll just have to wait for her." He said and got up to go to the kitchen.

"But that doesn't make sense at all." Joon said.

Ryohei got walked back in with a bottle of water on his hand. "I know."

"You should rest oppa. You look tired." Nana said playing with Oi.

"Yeah." He said and stopped right when he was about to go upstairs. "And please, don't force her to say anything. You can ask her about it but if she doesn't want to talk about, leave it alone for the time being and just let her talk when she feels like it." He said pleading to the others.

Feeling tired, he drank half of the water bottle and went to take a shower before taking a nap.

 

Joon tiptoed his way to their room just to take a peek on Ryohei. Opening the door slowly, he saw Ryohei sleeping.

"Man. You must've stressed yourself for Sunny." He said thinking how he treated the man as his younger brother. He went in and closed the blinds so that he'd sleep more comfortably before going out and closing the door gently. He then went to the entertainment area and watched some tv.

"Is Ryohei oppa okay?" Nana asked on her way to her room.

"Yeah. He just needs some rest." The man answered.

"He and Sunny-unnie really got close to each other." Nana said and went to her room.

"Aigoo~. I wonder if those two know what they're getting themselves into. I wonder if they even know." Joon told himself.

 

Hours later, in China. The girls were already done with the fan meeting and were on their way to their hotel. It's been an emotional rollercoaster and all of them just wanted to get some rest before their flight back in the early morning. Heck, not being able to sleep before arriving to their event, they didn't even know if they'd be able to rest at all.

Some of the girls arrived in Incheon early in the morning and now, they were on their way back to their dorm. Sunny, sat on the back next to a sleeping Seohyun, brought out her phone.

 

   To: Ryohei-oppa

    Fr: Bunny

            Oppa? Are you awake?

 

She pressed send hoping that the man is awake.

 

   To: Bunny

   Fr: Ryohei-oppa

             Hm? Are you on your way?

 

She received the reply a minute after she sent her message.

 

   To: Ryohei-oppa

   Fr: Bunny

             Can you come pick me up at the dorm in an hour?

 

   To: Bunny

   Fr: Ryohei-oppa

             But don't you want to stay with the girls for now? Why don't you talk to them first and I'll pick you up sometime later.

 

Sunny sighed. I guess you're right. 

 

   To: Ryohei-oppa

   Fr: Bunny

              Fine. Pick me up by 12. You're paying for lunch.

 

   To: Bunny

   Fr: Ryohei-oppa

             Okay. Take care and eat something for breakfast.

 

She read the message and didn't need to reply. She just sighed and laid her head back to get some sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*N: Hello!

     Thanks to someone (you know yourself *ah wink... *ah wink...), I remembered why I started writing this story. 

     I really haven't noticed it but somewhere along the chaps, I got lost and caught up on something that I forgot why I wrote this.

    Thank you again -(*tsup... *tsup...) to eveyone who read, subscribed, commented and subscribed on this story.

    I hope you continue reading! :D