Eleven

Roommate 2: Running Away

If you're alone, I'll be your shadow.

If you want to cry, i'll be your shoulder.

If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow.

If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile.

But anytime you need a friend, . . . I'll just be me. . . 

- Unknown.


 

 

For a while, they just sat there watching the beautiful sunrise. . .

 

While the sun was still a third away from totally emerging, Sunny found herself going distant and being flooded with all the mixed emotions she felt earlier. Blankly walking off the hood of the car, Sunny found herself walking to the boundary of the view deck. She took the railing in a good tight grip, taking the deepest breathe she could and then letting it all out. 

"HHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!DO YOU REALLY THINK I NEEDED HIM?! I WAS DOING FINE ON MY OWN!! I AUDITIONED! I WORKED MY FREAKING OFF TO GET WHERE I AM NOW!! I DID IT ON MY OWN!! I-" She stood there and had her head down for a second before raising it back up.

"We. We did it all together." She said choking the words own and finally letting the tears fall. "I made it with you guys. I never needed his help even if he badgered me just to let him help us. You know that. You know that." 

 

Meanwhile, Ryohei just sat there watching her and letting her have her moment. In his thoughts, he knew this would likely happen. He knew that somehow, with the magnificent beauty of the sun, everything tends to come out. Atleast that's how he felt years ago when he did the same thing as Sunny just did. 

Letting the short girl catch her breath, he sat there and felt the coldness of the seabreeze. Instantly, he got off the car and took his jacket from the front seat and went to cover her. The last thing he needed was for Sunny to get sick, especially on his watch. Letting his hands settle on her shaking shoulders, he just stood there and waited until she stopped. 

"Th-thank you." He heard her choke out.

"For what?" He asked confused.

Sunny opened but didn't really know what to say. "Just, for everything."

"I'm your friend now, remember?" He answered her like her words were silly. "You don't need to thank me or say sorry to me. A friend always does what he/she needs to do to help the other." He said and unconciously used his hands to wipe the tears from her face as if it was something natural for him to do.

Sunny just smiled and just let him.

They were back sitting on the hood of the car when they heard a strange but familiar sound. Sunny looked at Ryohei and he did the same when the sound came again and Sunny knew where exactly it came from.

"Wahahahaha!" She bursted out laughing at him with her strange four octaves laugh.

"Ahh! Wae?!" Ryohei said feeling a little embarassed with his hands wrapped around his stomach.

"Ahahaha! Ah chincha okyeo oppa." She answered finding it hard to say the words.

"Ah. Wait here." He said remembering the load of snacks he bought earlier.

He went to the back seat and grabbed the plastic bags containing variety of weird snacks.

"Oh?!" Sunny said moving to the left end of the hood to give Ryohei space for the snacks. "Were this in the car when we borrowed it?"

"No. I bought these things when I stopped to use the comfort room and had the tank refilled." He answered arranging the variety of food. "I didn't really know what you'd like so I just got whatever."

Laying it all out, there was at least around six or seven varietys of snacks. There was the all age favorite choco pie, boong uh bbang (goldfish bread) , a styro of songpyeon (half moon rice cake), a small box of gyeongdan (sticky rice balls), hottoek (sweet pancakes), a large plastic container of various variety of fruits, and two rolls of kimbap and finally, there were two cans of cold coffee, two bottles of water and a large box of milk were all settled on the hood when Ryohei was done laying everything out. 

"I think this should be enough for the both of us." He said as if the pile of food was a simple plate of normal food.

"Enough?!" Sunny said astounded. "This is more than enough oppa."

"Oh." Ryohei shrugged then passed her water bottle.

"I get it that your a guy and you eat a lot, it's just that you're a slim and food just isn't written all over you." She stated matter-of-factly.

Ryohei snickered then shook her head from left to right. "I get that a lot. I think I eat a lot because I work it out during volleyball practice and games."

"Oh right. I forgot that you're in a volleyball team. Can I come and watch sometimes?" Sunny asked out of the blue.

Okay? So, is this? Is this how moody women are? Or is this just her? He thought to himself. 

"Oppa?" Sunny used her left hand to waive it at his face.

"Eoh?" 

"I asked if I can come and watch your game or practice sometimes." 

"Yeah. Sure. Just tell me when." He answered and softly sighed.

Sunny just smiled before shoving a kimbap in as her eyes started to go distant. It wasn't just her eyes but also the feeling around her.

 

"I'll make you trust me." He blurted out of the blue. "Like I said, I know it's hard to put trust on somebody especially since we just met but I mean it when I said you can trust me."

He looked at her directly in the eyes and said, "I'm here. I'm your friend and whenever you need me I'll be there. I'm not going to promise. I WILL do it. And if I fail in doing something to help you out  - or just fail, just know that I did my best and I will still be there by your side."

Before she knew it, the tears started to fall once more and she just let it all out. 

They stayed in the car for the rest of the morning taking a nap before there drive back to Seoul. Sunny volunteered to drived but Ryohei said he can manage and that she can't really drive in her current situation. She knew he was right so he let him be and tried to take a nap with him.

 

 

 


*N: Hellowww..!! Ngeow~

      So right now I'm a totally emotional zone and I love it because it pretty much helps me make my mind up when writing stories.

      And also the Quote is something I found in the internet. It says unknown because it just is. Anyways, I'd like to thank him/her for sharing it and that he has total credits to the Quote whoever he/she maybe. 

      And by the way~, I'm getting more subscribers!!! YAY ME!!

 

     I mwab myo guys!! ;3  ;3  ;3

 

 

 

 

 

 

BONUS:   Sunny Crying :(