Thirty One

Roommate 2: Running Away

While everyone were still out cold and asleep, Jackson went sneaking to the kitchen to grab some midnight snack. He was scouring the fridge looking for a fruit he wanted to add to his yogurt when he heard the door click open then close. 

Did someone just got in? He asked himself and quietly jogged to see if someone did.

He turned the light on but he didn't see anybody and so he went back and looked at the cctv outside the gate to see if someone went out. Sure enough, he saw Sunny closing the slowly to avoid the loud locking sound.

"Where are you going?" 

Forgetting about his snack, he grabbed a jacket and quickly ran out, to catch up on the girl.

After minutes and minutes of foolishly following the brunnete like a ninja, Jackson was able to take a deep breath seeing her enter a quiet looking restaurant.

Quietly entering the establishment himself, he was quickly greeted by the old man.

"Well, hello." Old man Song studied the young man in front of him. "What is a kid like you doing out in the middle of the night?"

Jackson felt intimidated by the old man standing in front of him. "Annyeonghasaeyo, sajangnim. I'm twenty two years old sir. I was just following my noona and i saw here enter here."

The man gave him a suspicious look. "I didn't see any girl come in here."

"Eh?But I really saw my Sunny-noona come here. Jammkkanmanyo," he pulled out his phone and showed the man a picture of the two of them inside his room. "This is my noona."

Oldman Song still hesitated but decided to believe the foolish looking young man in front of him. "Aigoo, chamnae. Follow me."

 

"Aigoo~. Don't drink too much, okay?" Miyoung halmoni told Sunny before leaving her alone in her booth.

She's had a couple of shots of soju already and waited for Chunseo haraboji to join her before her third.

When she heard the old man's foot steps, she stood and was then greeted by another face besides the old man.

"Yah. What are you doing here?" These were the words that came out of .

Jackson gave out a nervous laugh as he greeted the girl.

"Sit down and let's have a couple of drinks." Said the old man pulling Jackson next to him.

"Aniyo haraboji. I need to send him home first."

"Ani. Let the kid join us for a while." The old man countered.

"But."

"Aigoo. Let him have some fun." He insisted and quickly poured a glass giving it to Jackson.

"Arassoyo." She answered in defeat. "What are you doing here anyway?"

Jackson again gave a nervous laugh and drank the shot. "I followed you?"

"Wang Jackson."

His ears tingled and cold shivers ran down his skin hearing her ice cold threathening tone spell out his name.

"You know better than to lie to me, kiddo."

"I kind of heard you sneaking out the house and had to follow you. Because we both know Ryohei-hyung would be pissed if he found out you were out and about drinking and I knew about it, he'd totally go all samurai at me." He blabbed like an idiot and made a one shot with the drink that the old man offered him.

"Sneaking out?" Chunseo haraboji raised his gray brow.

"A-aniyo, haraboji. It's not like that." She sent Jackson death glares and warned him to keep his mouth shut. "I had to be quiet because I didn't want to wake the others."

"Hm." The old man knew better than to believe the girl especially when she'd started coming to the restaurant for a couple of nights straight. "Imja! Don't bring anymore soju. Two bottles will be enough for tonight."

"Arasso!" Miyoung halmoni answered knowingly.

The old lady herself had voiced her thoughts to her husband who refused to acknowledge it.

"Haraboji?! Waeyo?!" Sunny whined looking grief stricken.

"Enough. Let's enjoy what's on the table so you and Jackson can go home early tonight." He said motioning Jackson to pour them both a glass before the old man poured him some.

Before Jackson have his third shot, he excused himself for a while. When he came back, the first bottle was already empty and the second one was being opened by haraboji.

""

A couple of shots later, Jackson, still a bit of a lightweight when it came to Korean soju, felt dizzy and ready to be knocked out. While he attempted to get another shot, the glass was quickly stolen by Sunny. 

"Ahhh~~ Noona~~" He whined cutely.

"No more for you." Sunny said giving his cheeks soft taps.

In turn, old man Chunseo took the last shot and last drop of the second and last bottle. (and that's a lot of last) Even though Sunny whined cutely for him to give the drink to her before he could chug it, he simply by pretending to give it to her and quickly taking it back before her finger tips could even touch the glass.

"Ahh!! That hit the spot!" He exclaimed pouring the empty glass on his head just to emphasize.

Sunny was about to make more protest when Miyoung halmoni intervened. 

"Agioo! Look at that! You finished the bottle quickly." The old woman cried happily taking the bottle's away. "You should rest for a bit before going home or should I call you a taxi?"

"Ahh~ Halmoni. Can't I just have one more bottle? Please?" Sunny pleaded.

Miyoung opened only to be interrupted by the door chimes. When they all turned to see who it was, the partially drunk girl and old man and his wife were caught off guard except for a hammered Jackson who jumped silly from his seat with excitement.

"Hyunnnngggggg!!~" He got up and almost stumbled waiving for him to join them.

"Annyeonghasaeyo." A poker face Ryohei greeted the old couple formally.

"Eoh. You're here. Sit down. Sit down." Chunseo said patting the empty space on his side.

"Eoh. Sit down. I'll bring you something to drink." Halmoni joined in and pulled Ryohei towards the table.

He refused the offer but quickly thanked the old couple for their generousity. "I just came for this two. Maybe next time?"

 

Dazed and a little drunk, Sunny just stood there and looking confused wandering to herself what he was doing there. And when Jackson got excited waving him over, it hit her. 

Damn. It. Wang Jackson! I'm going to kill you.

The frustration couldn't get anymore worst. No, it wasn't frustration anymore. It was that small but very very dangerous flicker of ember that keeps growing with every piece and sliver of wood thrown in the middle igniting it into a somewhat soft beautiful and deceiving sapphire light.

She'd had her head buried in a pile of mess for the past few weeks and right where she was near the portion of ironing everything out, the worst of worst happened. Her aunt passed away and though she had attended the wakes and funeral, she immediately had to return to work for the sake of keeping the act. Everything was building up on her. Working out, practicing the dance moves, and even drinking wasn't working out any longer. And then they just had to keep that away from her.

Clenching her fist, she wanted to burst out screaming on the top of her lungs at the moment until she felt someone swoop down and carry her.

"Bwoyah!" She squeaked from the surprise.

"I'll take her to the car first and then I'll bring Jackson in a bit." Ryohei told the old couple who had their focus on him carrying Sunny.

"Say goodbye. I'm taking you both home." He nudged the silent girl.

Sunny oblidged with a simple bow and goodnight to the couple telling them that she'd comeback on a later date again then he carried her off to the car. He placed her on the front seat, fastening her tightly but not too tight and closed the door. A couple of minutes later, he got out the restaurant holding on to a half asleep blondish Chinese boy and threw him in the backseat.

"Yah! Be careful with him!" Sunny yelled at him when she heard the thud of Jackson landing the backseat.

He's poker face formed into a frown.

"He'll be fine." A simple answer before they drove back to the house.

 

Right after getting back from his schedule, Ryohei settled himself on the couch with his jacket beside him and checked his phone for any voicemails. From the long list of numbers, he noticed an unregistered one and decided to play it first. When he clicked to listen to it, the strangest sound came.

               Hyunggggg!!~~ It's Jackson! Wang- *hic* Jackson! Wangkongie! Listennn..*hic* *hic* *hic* I'm kinda drunk because I wasn't supposed to be drunk because I was up and hungry. When I went to the kitchen I kinda heard the door closin'. And then I saw B-bun-bunny noona sneaking out and now I'm drunk and she's kind of drunk. I was going to bring her back without drinking but this nice haraboji gave it to me and this very nice halmoni gave loads of snacks and it's all for free because this halmoni and haraboji really really reallllllyyyyy likes me!!!

The message was followed by a lot of hiccups before he heard the phone being hanged up. It was apparent that Jackson was more than excited that he forgot his main reason why he had made the call in the first place.

"Lee Sunkyu, jjinja." He said through gritted teeth.

How many times did she promise me...

Sighing it off, he got up and grabbed his jacket before taking the car keys and heading off.

When he arrived he didn't know how to react. Seeing her drunk with half lidded eyes wearing only a pair of cotton leggings, an oversized hoodie,a bonnet and a pair of sneakers, it really pissed him off. He sighed inwardly and kept his emotions in check. It wasn't the time to get all pissy at her just after he'd assess that his good friend is in some kind of another turmoil.

So instead, he simply greeted the old couple told them he was taking the two and bringing them home. 

After settling Sunny in, he the heater and took his jacket off covering Sunny with it before leaving. Minutes later, he was busy man handling the younger kid trying to get him to stay put while they go into the car but he just had to be all willy-nilly drunk. It annoyed him so much that he practically threw the kid at the back seat which he was scolded for by Sunny.

They arrived at the house minutes later.

"Can you walk to your room?" Ryohei quietly asked and she nodded. "I'll take the idiot to his room and you follow. Don't think of going out again if you don't want me to tie you down." 

He warned her leaving with the hammered boy on his back. Again throwing the kid on his bed, he pulled the covers on him and turned the lights off before getting out. By now, he thought that Sunny would just be behind him and still she was nowhere inside the house. He panicked for a moment thinking that she went back to the bar, he ran out and almost stepped on a lump lying on the front porch.

"Aigoo! Chamnae!" 

 

 

 

 

 

*Note

       I'm back!!!

       Woot's... anyway... I'm comtemplating on finishing this ff first or the other one. And since the other fic {Falling Slowly} is around two to three  chapters left. I think I might go ahead and finish that first instead.

       I hope there are still some of you out there who's reading this stuff. 

       Night for now!! Thank you and See you on my next update! :D