Twenty Four

Roommate 2: Running Away

Sunny sat to the right of Chief and next to Ryohei during dinner. There was a space left to the other side of Ryohei and Taeyeon was about to sit down except the man moved to the empty chair.

"Do you mind if I sit next to you Sooyoung-ah?" He asked the girl.

"Daijobu desu." Sooyoung answered in Japanese.

Ryohei smiled and looked up to see Taeyeon. "Eoh, wasseo? Sit over here" He patted the empty space, acting as if he just saw the girl.

"Neh." Taeyeon answered in a sour tone.

Hyoyeon saw what had just happened and nodded to herself. Guy's got skill. 

Everybody had fun enjoying their meal and nobody bothered to speak about what happened earlier for the reasons that; one, they wanted to have a peaceful meal and two, because there were strangers who didn't need to be bothered by their own private matter.

 

Sunny was a little anxious sitting next to Taeyeon because of what the oldest did earlier. But Taeyeon on the other hand was rather busy putting dishes spoonfuls of dishes on the others plates especially on hers.

Sunny scooted closer to Taeyeon and whispered, "Does this mean you're not mad at me anymore?"

Taeyeon looked at her face with a weirded out expression. "Do you want me to?"

Sunny shook her head and smiled at her before feeding herself again.

Dinner ended a few minutes later and like this morning, Chief and old man Lee left a few minutes after chatting with the girls. 

 

The room was already cleared out of the tables and dirty dishes and the girls were huddled up ito groups doing tasks while Ryohei, Sunny, Yuri and Taeyeon stayed in the room to rest.

"Ah~. That was one of the best meals I've had." Ryohei sighed and laid down with his back on the floor.

Sunny smiled. "You're lucky you got the chance to taste Hyoyeon's cooking. She's the best cook out of all of us."

"Yep! She's right." Taeyeon agreed. Even Yuri who took pride in her own cooking couldn't disagree.

"That reminds me. Why are you here again Ryohei oppa?" Yuri asked looking at the man.

"Never mind that. The real question is how did you find us?" Taeyeon gave the man a questioning look.

"Oh. . . Uhm. . . " Ryohei stuttered.

"Oh right! He said he came to talk to Sunny." Yuri said.

An idea came to Taeyeon. "Yuri, let's go wash up and get ready for bed." She tapped the girl and then faked a yawn.

"Huh? But I'm not tired yet." The girl wasn't able to pick up on what Taeyeon meant.

"Yah. Kim Taeyeon. I'd rather you drag the girl out. This girl can be so clueless at times." Sunny said and even opened the door for them.

"What. . . Ahhh~! Okay. Let's go." Yuri finally got the idea and voluntarily got up even pulling Taeyeon along.

 

"Really, those girls. Why do they even bother." Sunny felt silly embarrassed of her friends act.

Ryohei snickered shaking his also amused at the situation.

Sunny looked at him and realized what her friends had asked the man before they left. She closed the door and went to sit next to him. She then prompted her right arm to lean on and then laid down facing him. 

Sunny asked the man with a serious tone, "Oppa, what are you doing here and how did you get here?"

"Oh. That. I, uhm..." He arched his back and reached for his back pocket to take a piece of paper out.

Sunny quickly recognized the paper and sat up. "Where did you get that?"

He recognized the panic in Sunny's voice. "Relax. Your phone wouldn't stop ringing so I went to your room to turn it off and I was about to go out when I found this lying on your table. Here." He handed the paper to her.

The paper contained the summary of their three nights and two days get away and a list of things Sunny had written down. Like Ryohei said, he found it laying on top of the table in her homeshare room.

"What? No. I was sure I locked this away. Are you sure?" Her mind was jumbled with questions.

"I'm seriously thinking whether you really don't trust me at all or you just have plain trust issues." Ryohei half jokingly answered.

"Huh? What are you saying? No. Wait. Answer me first, did anybody else see this?" She raised the paper.

He felt like a student caught cheating when Sunny did that. 

"Y-yes. I'm sure because I entered the room first before Seho could." He firmly answered. "I saw the adress and that's how I got here."

She wanted to believe him but she was still having doubts.

Ryohei felt slightly offended when he saw the doubt in her face.

He scoffed and laid back down closing his eyes. "Forget it."

"What? No. Come on, tell me.?" She asked not noticing Ryohei's mood change.

"Tell me~." She whined and shook his shoulder.

"Why should I? I don't think you trust me enough, so why bother." He spat the words out out of frustration and unintentionally hurting her feelings.

Her face fell remembering their little fight before the trip. She laid back down but grabbed his arm to use it as a pillow.

"I'm sorry." Ryohei apologized feeling Sunny next to him. "For when we were in the house and just now, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to."

The girl sighed looking up on the ceiling. "Eung. I'm sorry too. I didn't mean to make you feel that I don't trust you. It's just. . ." Sunny sighed again and remembered what Taeyeon and Tiffany told hear. I have to say it, don't I? "I just~"

"No. It's okay I understand. You don't need to explain everything to me. I should've just respected your privacy." He cut her off to explained his side.

"Oh, okay. But I need to tell you this at least." She took a deep breath first. "Please believe me when I say that I really really do trust you. But trusting you is different from protecting you."

Ryohei's brows creased then he turned to his side to face Sunny.

"What do you mean?"

"What I'm saying is, if I'm holding things back from you, it's not because I don't trust you. It's because I'm taking precautions in not involving you too much that you could get hurt or worst." Her voice dropped from the possible thought.

The man smiled feeling her sincere concerns for him. He patted her head before laying back down. 

"I understand. But the funny thing is. I should be the one doing the protecting and not you." He said.

Sunny smacked him lightly in the chest. "You should know by now that women can also protect men." 

"Huh? Your a woman?" He jokingly said.

They laughed and both knew that they finally reconciled again.

There was a few minutes of silence before Ryohei remembered something.

"Hey." He said.

"Hmm?" Sunny's voice sounded tired.

"What you said earlier about being my friend." 

"Hmm.." Her eyes opened half way. She smiled but felt like there was something wrong with that word.

"I still am. And like I said before, you can always count on me and can tell me anything. And I mean anything." He said seriously and caressed her hair.

Ryohei's bicep and him caressing her hair felt so comfortable for Sunny that without noticing it, she fell asleep in his arms.

He later heard her light breathing and tilted to see her sleeping. He snickered and laid back down.

She must've been too tired. He himself yawned. Thirty minutes and I'll bring her to bed. 

Thirty minutes later, he was fast asleep next to Sunny with his arm covering her.

 

A few minutes after Taeyeon and Yuri left the two alone, the two girls came back and stuck themselves close to the wall not too close to the door so to not disturb the two. Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, Tiffany, and Yoona saw the two and joined them.

"What are we doing exactly?" Yoona asked.

Taeyeon hushed her. "Just listen."

The girls stuck close to the wall and heard everything the two were talking about. At some point, Sooyoung felt giddy happy with how the conversation was going but was disappointed when she didn't hear what she was expecting. The same goes with the other girls.

"Bwoyah?! Friends? This two are either stupid or really stupid!" Hyoyeon said to the other girls. 

Tiffany covered the blonde's mouth to keep her quiet.

"Unnies, they been very quiet for a while now. Do you think they might've fallen asleep?" Yoona asked.

"Ei~! Sleep? No way. Maybe. . . " Taeyeon turned to them and wiggled her brows giving them a meaningful look.

"Ohh.." The girls reacted getting what she meant.

"Aigoo~. Aigoo~. Byuntaengoo what are you teaching the girls again." Jessica said coming their way with a pillow on her hand.

"Taeyeon-unnie. Can't you be normal for once?" Seohyun scolded her walking next to Jessica while carrying a blanket. 

The girls shushed them and quickly covered their mouths then waited for anything from the room. There was no sign of movement so Taeyeon went and slowly opened the door peeking half way to see what was going on.

When she saw how the two were positioned, she bit her lip and covered it with her hands to stop herself from squealing.

She turned and called the girls to come quick.

The girls looked at what got Byuntaeng excited and they themselves reacted the same way.

"Yah! Yah! Yah! Camera! Palli! Palli!" Yuri rushed and got her phone out quickly before quietly getting and taking a bunch of pictures.

"Unnie! Enough! Leave them to rest. Sunny-unnie woke up really early today so she needs to make up for sleep." Seohyun scolded the black pearl while Jessica pulled her out.

"Sooyoung-ah, go and bring one more blanket and pillow. The rest of you go and wash up and go to sleep. It's already past eleven."

The girls chorused their complains and but didn't argue. Sooyoung came back quickly and handed the stuff she was asked.

Seohyun looked at the two and had worry etched on her face.

"Unnie, do you really think it's okay to leave them both here?" She asked while carely placing the pillow under Sunny.

Sunny whined at the attempt to remove Ryohei's arm and it alarmed Seohyun. 

"Yah! Just slide the pillow above his biceps. And I don't know but I think at least we could trust Ryohei oppa with her." She answered covering Ryohei with the blanket.

"Eoh." Seohyun hesitated leaving Sunny alone with a guy.

"Come on. Don't worry too much. Let's go to sleep." Jessica pulled Seohyun out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*N: Hello!

  Yep! My followings days will be torture again so I think I might not be able to update much starting tomorrow.

  Don't we all just love it when 'visitors' come and stay over?

  Anyways. . . Thank you once again for reading, subscribing, upvoting and commenting!! :D 

  Seriously. Thank you :3  

  Visitors. . . hu. hu. hu.