Two

Roommate 2: Running Away

"Only in my lonesome

Do I think of my pain,

Do I think of my sorrow,

And think of my shame."


It's been half an hour since the practice has ended and he was about to take a shower when he heard his phone ring. Answering it, he heard his managers voice and immediately knew what the call was about. His manager confirmed that he was in for the second season of Roommate and that the PD wanted to know what time of the day he was available for the interview.

"What do you mean interview? I thought you said I was in?" Ryohei asked feeling confused.

"You are in. They just need some material for the preview and they're doing an interview to every new cast member." His manager explained over the phone. "So what time should I tell them?"

Looking at the locker room's clock, it was twenty-six minutes past twelve in the afternoon. Feeling a bit exhausted, he had no choice but do the interview today. Being a foreigner and all, he also didn't want to come of as rude by asking to reschedule the interview at a later date.

"They can meet me in an hour or two. Just text me where." He told him.

"Make that two then. Eat something before the interview. I'll send where and the exact time later." He didn't bother to wait for him to answer to hang up.

With a deep sigh, he put his phone back to his locker then grabbed his towel and headed off to shower. Twenty minutes later, while putting his shirt on, his phone vibrated. He checked the message and sure enough, it was his manager who texted him. The first sentenced was an apology for not being able to push the interview two hours as planned and the second said that the interview will be held at 1:30 pm in a restaurant near Apgujeong. 

He looked at the clock one more time and saw that he had less than an hour - thirty-three minutes to be exact before the interview. So instead of going out of the gym and grab something to eat, he walked his way to the meeting place.


Sure enough, just as he got to the meeting place, he saw some of the staff prepared and had one of their cameras set up outside the restaurant and some of the staffs were half way in finishing the set up inside. He just smiled at the first camera then went inside and sat where the camera was pointed at.

The PD was busy overlooking at the set up when he sat down and so he didn't really see his face and mistook him for an ordinary citizen. "Excuse me but~ Oh! Ryohei-ssi!" The manager exclaimed catching the attention of the other customers.

"Neh. Annyeonghaseyo PD-nim." He smiled at the man.

"Neh. Annyeonhaseyo. You surprised me there." The PD said laughing and he laughed along. "I heard you just came from a volleyball practice. Why don't you order something to eat while we finish with the set up?" 

He did just that and a few minutes later, everything was set up and they started the interview immediately. Everything went smoothly and the PD even waited for him to swallow a bit before asking him a question. The interview ended after twenty minutes.


Some days later, he was already packed and ready for pick up to move to the Roommate house. He waited at the basement parking lot for his manager to arrive with the car. His manager was never late when it came to picking him up so he made sure that he was at least a little earlier than him to make sure that time wasn't wasted.

"You're ready, that's good." His manager said before getting out of the car to help him with the load.

"And you're just on time like always." He grinned loading the last bag to the trunk.

"Hop in." He said closing the trunk door.

The drive on the way was actually very quiet. And this is probably the reason why both he and his manager were good friends. They didn't pry much on each other lives except only when necessary and when one ask for help.

A few seconds away  from the drop off site, the manager thought they were first to arrive only to be surprised by a short figure hidden behind the post. "Wait a minute!" His manager was obviously excited. "Wow your one lucky man!" 

"Who is it?" His brows creased in curiousity.

"That girl over there is the So Nyu Shi Dae's Sunny!" He was really excited. 

"Ah. Too bad you don't get to meet her." He smirked at the mirror knowing that he was looking.

"Jerk." He answered but with a smile.

The manager got off and unloaded the luggage while he followed suit. He hadn't had a clear view of the girls face even before he got off the car since her back was facing him.

He almost went directly to her but stopped by his manager handing him his luggages. "Good luck man." He whispered giving him a meaningful wink and smile.

He just smiled and shook his head from his manager's silliness. "Just go." He lightly shoved the man.


One reason why I hate being early! Eish~ottoke?! Sunny was feeling anxious meeting a new person. Okay. Just relax and introduce yourself. Like Taengoo said, everything's going to be okay.

Facing the man before he got to close, she immediately bowed and introduced herself.

"Annyeonhaseyo. Sunny-imnida." she heard how awkward she sounded and felt embarassed enough that she had to grind her teeth while smiling. 

The guy didn't seem to notice the embarassment but did feel the awkwardness between them.

"Ah neh. Annyeonhaseyo. Otani Ryohei-imnida." He smiled and rubbed his elbow in the awkwardness.

It was pure awkwardness standing not so close but also not far apart from each other. The air of it felt so thick between them that it made it seem like there would be no blade could cut through it.

They'd take glances at each other then look away without simply saying nothing for the past few minutes.

This is so awkward. I wish someone would just come. Please~. Sunny was feeling more awkward by the moment.

Ryohei was looking at the direction of the camera the to the road somewhat having the same thought as Sunny.

And ofcourse after a few more minutes of awkward glances and silence, a car came and they welcomed comedian Lee Guk Joo.

"Annyeonhaseyo! Lee-ah Guk-ah Joo-imnida! Hororok!" She more of hollered at them rather than do a simple greeting. 

Without thinking about it, they laughed and just like that the awkwardness between them lessened. They both went and helped her with the unloading of her luggage and Ryohei even got the honor to hold Guk Joo's precious infrared meat griller. After unloading, they greeted each other properly.

"Oh. I guess you both planned to dress the same, didn't you?" The similarity in their attire didn't escape the comedian's eyes.

"Oh?" Both exclaimed and looked at each other properly. 

"Aniyo-unnie!" Sunny denied.

"Aniyo. This is actually our first meeting." Ryohei explained.

"Ah~" The comedian just nodded her head and then everyone just went quiet.

It's still awkward. Ryohei thought. "Since it's still awkward, why don't the both of you go and get some coffee while I wait for the others?" He suggested.

"Oh, sure." Guk Joo answered for them. "You're going to wait for them here then while we go get some coffee." 

Guk Joo hooked her arm around Sunny's and pulled her along but Sunny couldn't help but look back. "We'll you one as well Ryohei-ssi."

Ryohei just nodded his head and stood their waiting. 

The others took some time to arrive and when they did they had to wait for a few more minutes  for their pick up ride to come and fetch them. Their first day came and went with some amusing moments but through it they got closer to each other that quick. They at least called each other oppa, unnie, hyung, and noona. 

 


*N: Hello again! So, by now I guess some or most of you figured out that I'd be using some parts of the show but I'd probably be changing them to how I'd think you would like it to be. (got myself confused there~) 

I hope you guys enjoy this. You can make suggestions on how you'd like things to happen so just comment and I'll see what best suits the situation.

\(^_^)/ Ryohei+Sunny = Ryony/Sunhei