Five

Roommate 2: Running Away

Lunch wasn't what he expected,in fact, it was better.

He thought it was going to be just an awkward meal between strangers but with her crazy antic that was ~ by the way, had him choking at first, but did make him laugh in the end. That was twenty minutes ago.

Right now, they were just at the living room having small talks while playing with the Roommates favorite pet, Oi. Their topic ranged from how they started in the industry to how they came to living in one house together and many others. One thing that stuck out to Ryohei was how Sunny asked him what it was like living alone. He saw her reaction and how she quickly brushed it off later with a new topic after being somewhat satisfied with his answer. 

It's not as if he gave off a simple answer, it's just that Sunny didn't want him to notice how she particularly lingered on the subject. And Ryohei wasn't a pryer but he just had to know what her reason was.

"What about your love life?" Sunny jumping the next topic.

Ryohei really wasn't about to let her go about the living alone thing and tried to find a timing to ask the question. "My love life?"He just scrunched his lips and shrugged. "What about you?"

Her lips were open and was about to answer when Ryohei cut her off. "Before that, can you tell me why you lingered about the living alone thing?"

She felt a little confused as to why he asked her. But to be fair, she has been asking him a lot of questions and she barely gave an answer to his.

"What do you mean lingered?" She asked.

"Well, you've kind of asked specific details. Why? Do you have thoughts about living alone?" He proceeded.

"Oh that. Uhm," she put a finger in her chin thinking about it. "Yeah, I guess I kind of -am having thoughts about trying it out."

"Okay, then. Why not tell me about it? Tell me about your thoughts." He said while patting the hair of the now sleeping dog.

"I don't know. I've just been living with a lot of people most of my life and I've kind of feel like I've been dependent on them too much." She answered with her head down and squirming awkwardly playing with her fingers. "Yeah. So that's it."

Ryohei wasn't buying it. "Ei~. Come on. There's more to it than that."

Sunny was a bit taken aback with his response. In all her life, people would ask her questions and she would give a gratifying or satisfactory enough answer, it was enough that they wouldn't need to ask more but with him, it's different. She got the feeling that this guy wouldn't let the topic off easily.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Ryohei broke her out of her thoughts.

"Eoh?" She said startled a bit. "Oh."

"So what were you thinking?" He was being careful not to rush her answer. Looking at how she plays with her finger, he knew that she was hesitating whether she should tell him and more likely trust him. "It's okay. You can trust me. If it's anything about living alone, you can tell me and ask me about it. I know a lot about that particular area." He smiled cautiously at the girl.

She was having second thoughts if she could really trust the guy with anything she was about to say. And thinking about it, she knew that it would build up further inside her if she doesn't do something about it.

"Then I guess you can be my outlet." She said almost like a whisper.

"What was that?" 

"If I tell you about it, promise me that this will be our secret. Noone else gets to know about whatever I'm about to say." She answered in her most serious tone and expression. 

"I won't make the promise." He said which made Sunny's serious expression lossen. "I hate promises. Instead, I'd rather do it. I'll keep it a secret. Yours and mine." He answered without hesitation.

And with that, Sunny knew she could trust him. Maybe not fully as she could but atleast there was more than something she could trust in him.

"Uhm." She looked at the time and it was already fifteen minutes pass five and she knew someone would be barging on any minute. "I'll tell you later."

"Later?" Ryohei asked in confusion.

"I mean, tonight. Take a walk with me?" She asked him. "I haven't had a good walk in a while."

Ryohei smiled knowing she had trusted him. "Sure. I'll come. Text me when and where."

"Al~"

"Text you when and where what?"

He was about to answer but they were surprised to hear another voice other than theirs. Turning their heads to the direction of the door, they saw Jackson. He must have came from a schedule since he was all dressed up and still had make up on. 

"Welcome home Jacky~!" Sunny greeted him with open arms while ignoring his question.

Jackson jogged cutely towards Sunny and returned her gesture. He hugged and they swayed from left to right.

"Noona, I'm hungry." Jackson whined letting go of the older girl then greeted Ryohei. "Wassup' Ryohei hyung!"

"Welcome home." Ryohei greeted with a high five. "How come I don't get a hug?" He said pretending to be jealous.

Jackson went back to being all cute and hugged his hyung.

"Don't tell me you didn't eat lunch? Want me to fix you some food?" Sunny asked.

"We were running late and had a packed schedule. They only gave us bread." He answered and pouted his lips.

 

 ~ ah~~!! (~_~)  

"Awh~. Ryohei oppa made something really delicious for lunch." She said getting up from the sofa. 

"Ryohei hyung did?" He was a bit shocked to know that the guy knew how to cook.

"Why are you surprised?" Ryohei found his reaction funny.

Sunny was tugging on Ryohei to get up when he was answering him.

"I just~" Jackson just shrugged.

"We'll fix some of the left overs for you while you change." He said letting himself be tugged along by the tiny girl.

Jackson nodded strangely in response and just kept an eye on both while slowly making his way to his room. It wasn't strange for him to be all cutesy around anybody and the same with Sunny but it was strange for him to suddenly see how more cute Sunny was being with the strange Japanese man. It was a scene of two strangers suddenly becoming close ~too close in fact, that he really found it strange.

Anyways, while he changed, Sunny and Ryohei were doing exactly what they said they would do.

"Oppa?" Sunny elbowed him gently when they were standing by the counter.

"Wae?" He answered but was busy arranging the dishes.

"Do you know how to make any sweet desserts?" She asked slyly tilting her head to the right.

Finding himself amused by her foxiness, he looked at her and quickly regretting doing so when he did. The girl had her head tilted to one side, her lips pouting with a finger on it and doing her cutest puppy dog eyes. Rather than looking away, he couldn't help himself from laughing at how cute and adorable she really was. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~Ain't she adorable! :D

 

 

 


*N: Hello there people of the AFF Universe!

I'm sorry if I hadn't uploaded in a long time. Some drama just got in my way. So I'll do my best to keep writing good chapters. :D

BTW, big big big big BIG THANKS to those who even bother to read and subscribe to my aff. I'll do my best to write better chapters. :D

Okay, I don't know why I keep forgetting to check if I forgot to add something.

 

 

 ~Mwauhng~~!