Sixteen

Roommate 2: Running Away

What the hell? How can they move so fast? When did this happen? 

Questions were running through Sunny's head as they sat in Yoona's car on their way to somewhere. Along with her in the car was Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung and Yoona as the driver while Seohyun was the driver in the other car with Jessica, Tiffany, and Yuri following their trail.

 

'What do you mean?' Sunny typed her question.

'Can't explain it here. We need to go somewhere else now.' Taeyeon was getting paranoid by the minute.

'Then, the usual place?'

'No. CEO Kim's a friend of the owner. They probably did the same.'

Crap! 'I'll arrange for something. Tell the others to get ready to go somewhere.' She said immediately.

Before she could move out the room, Taeyeon grabbed her hand and gave it a soft squeeze. Sunny didn't look back but nodded in her hand knowing that it meant 'I'm sorry'.

 

"Can't we just go to the old place?" Yoona asked out of the blue.

"Don't worry, this place actually has better food than the usual." Sunny said to block her question.

"I know your taste unnie. But we didn't really gather to enjoy a meal together. I mean, you~

"Yoong, watch the road and concentrate on driving for a while. We're almost there." Sunny interrupted her before she could say anything else.

Looking at the mirror, Yoona gave her a pout. Sunny did the same playing with the second maknae.

 

To her right, Taeyeon was busy texting someone. It seemed, she also had a plan of her own. She knew that after Sunny's call, the shorter girl must've gotten an idea of what was happening around her.

"Who are you texting?" Sunny asked her.

"I was texting Joe. How long before we get there?" She asked.

"Five more minutes." Sunny knew that Taeyeon was doing the same thing that she did to Yoona.

"Oh. Okay." She said before turning back and fiddling with her phone.

 

Once in the hall, everybody settled. Most of the girls were yawning probably due to the fact that it was almost three in the morning and everybody was out instead of resting in their own beds.

"Okay. So, tell me again why we're here?" Jessica asked coldly directing the question to Taeyeon.

It was clear that she was still pissed at what happened.

After Sunny's walk-out, Taeyeon and Jessica's issue got even worst. They'd practically avoided each other and if there were cases where they had to talk to each other, they would pass on the message to the maknaes using them as messanger owls. 

"Uhm." Taeyeon looked at Sunny. "Sunny?"

Sunny was lost in her world, busy trying to think of a way to make the plan easier as it was supposed to be.

"Unnie." 

"Soonkyu." Tiffany said.

Her name woke her up from her reverie.

"What?" She asked blankly.

"Why are we here?" Hyoyeon asked.

"Oh, simple. To get to the bottom of this hole that Taeyeon's been digging for herself." She answered coldly before standing up to grab her bag on the table.

"You do know you're not making sense right?" Sooyoung looked at her quizzically.

"Yah. Lee Soonkyu. What are you talking about?" Taeyeon felt nervous.

"The slap earlier, that was for lying and hiding things behind our back." She was now opening her laptop.

"Why don't you all settle for a bit while  I prepare something interesting to show you." She added and looked at Yoona meaningfully.

Yoona sat with Seohyun and Yuri and the three of them kept quiet watching what was happening.

"Unnie, do you want me to tell them what I told you?" Yoona asked feeling a bit nervous about the situation.

Just like that, Taeyeon sprang from her sit. "Yoona. You~"

"Yes, please. And Taeyeon, sit backdown because right now, I don't really care if you're the oldest and the leader. Once she starts talking, you won't have a turn. You'll explain everything after Yoona and I are done." Sunny's voice turned colder than it was.

Taeyeon got nervous and started biting her nails again while Tiffany did her best to bring the leaders hands to her sides or lap.

Yoona gave the same details to the other girls that she gave Sunny. It took her less than ten minutes and not one of them bothered or interrupted her. They all kept silent and let instinctive reactions flow as Yoona told the story.

"So~

"No, no. No, no." Sunny stopped Jessica even before she could say something. "It's my turn."

She stood up and turned the laptop to face everybody. Taeyeon stood to try to stop her from talking when she saw how Sunny glared at her.

"Trust me when I say that it's pointless to try to stop me right now. We might've hugged earlier but that doesn't mean I'm not pissed at you anymore."

"Damn you." She heard Taeyeon.

"Like I said, it's my turn and I get to explain the juiciest details that our beloved leader has been hiding behind our backs for the past few months."

"You see here is an e-mail. An e-mail which was sent by a P.I. I hired."

Eyebrows were raised and mutters were heard when Sunny said P.I. 

Sunny's explanation of everything lasted longer than she expected. Although questions were raised during her session, she ignored it and kept on going.

When she turned to look at the leader, her head was bowed down hiding her face and eyes probably red enough from fighting the tears.

"Sica, are you sure that you're the only one who know your Weibo account password?" Sunny said trying to ignore the tears.

"Yeah." Jessica said her mind rattled by what she heard.

"Taeyeon. You need to talk. You have to stop hiding it." Sunny pleaded. "I can't bear you holding out on us."

"I-I can't." Taeyeon stuttered.

"What do you mean you can't? We already heard everything!" Sooyoung exploded.

"Yah! Sit back down. That's not how you talk to your unnie." Tiffany scolded her.

"Ah! Cham na!" Sooyoung just said and settled down.

"Unnie. Please, you can't always keep everything to yourself. What's the point of having us, your eight sisters, if you don't even share any of your burdens with us? We know you've always kept yourself strong for our sake but for once, will you let us lend our shoulders to you? Please?" Leave it to the maknae to break out the sense in everyone.

"Aish!" Taeyeon grabbed her hair.

"Unnie." Seohyun hugged her.

"I can't. Please. I can't. Ask anything but not this." Taeyeon pleaded.

"Why? You need to tell us why you can't." Hyoyeon knelt in front of her and held her hands.

"Please Sunny. Don't" Taeyeon.

Everybody was now crowding around her and Sunny stood and joined them.

"No. You need to tell us everything. Every single thing. You can't keep putting us in the shadow thinking that it's best for our own protection. Please? It's okay. He doesn't know this place. He can never find out because we're no where he knows. I promise."

Everybody went silent waiting for her to talk. She looked up and her tears started to fall. It was her sign of defeat.

"Then promise me that after, I tell you everything I know, you will do your best to get along with whatever plan I make."

"I promise." Sunny answered without hesitation and so did the others.

"The CEO has been planning on separating Sica if she doesn't decide on choosing the group."

"What?" Jessica stood up from her seat in shock.

"No. Sica, let her finish." Sunny sat her down.

"Since Sunny was still recovering from you know, I couldn't get on the point of asking Sica about it." She grabbed a tissue and wiped her tears. "I didn't want you to sink back down." She looked at her with so much care.

"At that time, the CEO started making a move on my family. It started small with vandalisms before it got to the forged loans. When it got to that part, Sunny already moved to the share house. That's when I started pestering Sica about it." 

Jessica nodded in agreement. Her eyes were settled on the floor but she wasn't really looking at it.

"He met up with me one more time and that's when I had to run home and check on my family. I was totally pissed when I came home to see my dongsaeng feeding a badly beaten up brother. I mean the idiot even had the guts to smile at me like it was nothing. It was the same day when I blew out on you guys." 

"You idiot!" Yuri thumped her head.

"You knew better that we had each others back. What the hell are you doing putting it all on your own?" She exploded after not saying anything.

"I-I'm sorry." She said slightly cowering from the balck pearl.

"Okay, stop it." Tiffany signaled her to sit back down.

"So what's the plan?" Hyoyeon raised her brow. "I'm assuming you have multiple since we need major back-ups in case this the first or second one fail."

"I do. But first, Sica-ah." Taeyeon grabbed her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. "I'm really sorry for everything. And for this plan, I need you get your acting skills back out. Everybody needs to act on this one and be natural at the same time."

"Huh? What do you mean?" Jessica was confused.

"This room is our safe haven. No one but us know this location and if it were compramised I need you guys to make sure that your lips are sealed." Sunny tuned in.

"Okay. So what's the plan." Jessica asked.

"You're good friends with Tyler Kwon right?" The leader asked for confirmation.

"Yeah. Why? What does he have to do with this?"

"He's involved. I don't know how but when I went to meet up with CEO Kim, I saw him sneaking out of his office."

"!" Jessica screamed. "He knows!"

"Okay? What does he know?" Yuri asked.

"My password."

"Crap." Sunny took out her phone and dialed her P.I. "Hold up a minute. I need to tell him this."

 

Sunny went to the corner and told her P.I. what she just found out. And turns out her P.I. already has the detail.

"Are you sure? Are you damned sure?" She asked.

"Yes. I tracked the I.P. address and it came back from Kwon's HongKong house. There's no doubt about it. And one more thing, a post was set to be uploaded sometime on the last week of September." 

"And how did you get this info?"

"Seem's that his dumb enough to put "ULLastWkSept" as the title." The PI laughed in amusement.

"If you find out anything. Give me a call." She said and hanged up.

 

When she turned to look at the girls, they were already staring at her.

"What did you find out?" Jessica asked.

 

"Taeyeon. Don't make any final plan yet. Jessica, you have to do your best on this one. Everybody does. We're still gathering infos and I'm guessing that we'll have results within this week. Right now, let's go home and rest." Sunny said.

 

They just got out of the building when her phone started ringing.

"Where are you?" Ryohei asked as soon as she answered.

"I'm sorry oppa. We just went out for a bit and it took longer than expected. We're actually on our way back now."

"Oh. So, I'll just wait for you then." He said.

"You can grab anything you want from the kitchen if you want oppa." We'll be there in less than forty minutes I guess?"

"Oh. Okay."

 

 

 

 

 

~ i really want a younger sister. :(

 

 

~her eyes looked empty on this one.

 

 

 

 

 


*N: Yup, Hello everybody.

This is a quick update and shameless advertisement.

I'm currently writing a new fanfic that kept pestering me for the past months. 

I still am in the process so I'll probably manage to post one chapter by the week :D 

Please stay tuned. 

Thanks again for readin, subscribing and commenting. :D 

You don't know how giddy I always become when I log in and see this notifications. 

This is how I become: