Twenty

Roommate 2: Running Away

Right after the meal, Chief Wanggu said his goodbyes with Yuri and Jessica sending him off. 

Seohyun and Taeyeon were about to do the dishes when Tiffany volunteered herself and Sunny to do it themselves and told the two to go in and rest.

"Strange but I won't say no to that." Taeyeon chuckled. "Come on Joohyun, let's go in."

"I'll stay a bit and help a little unnie." Seohyun said.

"Aniya. Go and rest. Sunny and I'll finish this quick so go and rest." Tiffany shooed her telling Taeyeon to pull the maknae with her.

They started with the dishes with Tiffany constantly checking to see if the others were all in the room before talking to Sunny. Sunny didn't talk at all and rinsed the dishes while Tiffany craned her neck. 

When Sooyoung and Yuri went in, they were about done and Tiffany made sure to wait a few minutes just to make sure that none of the girls would come back out.

"Tell me." Sunny spoke out when they carried the dishes to the kitchen.

"What?" Tiffany said raising her head to look at her.

"They're all in there talking and probably having fun. We're alone, so tell me." She hushed her voice as they passed through the room to the kitchen.

"Not here. Let's go by the dog house." Tiffany said and pulled her towards the dog house.

 

"And when were you planning to tell us?" Tiffany was practically sceaming but she was still sane enough to hush it.

Sunny didn't answer and just looked away.

"This was the most - the most important information you have and you didn't bother to tell us about it last night?!" 

"I forgot." Sunny answered in nonchalantly.

Tiffany had the 'what the f...' expression on her face when Sunny looked at her.

"You forgot? You forgot?!" Tiffany was screaming now. "I can understand you forgetting your lyrics. I can understand forgetting your dance moves or position but this?!" She waved the paper right at her face. "You don't forget this!" 

"Well I forgot okay!" Sunny stopped holding back and retaliated. "You think I wanted to forget about it? It's been stuck in my head for the past forty eight hours and I've just been too damned freaking stressed about the plans that I freaking forgot!"

Tiffany sighed still frustrated with her answer.

"But this, Sunny. What. . . How are you going to tell the others about this?" Her voice was calmer now.

Sunny glared at her.

"Watch." She grabbed the papers from her and stormed towards the room.

 

Filled with built up anger, Sunny let herself loose and stormed away from Tiffany. She barged in to the room disturbing the happy laughter and enjoyment of the others. She went right to Jessica and...

"You're going to be kicked out of the group." Sunny blurted straight to Jessica's face.

Silence took over the room for a good minute until Sooyoung started laughing and so did the other girls. 

"Yah. Lee Soon Kyu. What crazy idea of a game are you starting now." Sooyoung said still recovering from laughter.

"Ei~. What's next? I'm promoting solo?" Jessica teasingly said.

On the other corner, Taeyeon didn't laugh along like the others and stood their waiting when Sunny would start laughing or not. She looked at her eyes and it said it all. Although the shorter girl wasn't looking at her, Taeyeon was able to read the seriousness of Sunny's expression and aura.

"It's not a joke, is it." Taeyeon said it as a statement not a question taking a step towards Sunny whose eyes were now on hers.

Silence again took over as the girl watched the exchange of gaze towards the two short girls. 

Taeyeon walked across the room and held Sunny by the shoulders.

"Sunny?" Her voice pleading as if to beg for her to say no.

"No. It's not." Tiffany answered coming in.

"Tiff? What are you talking about?" Jessica looked at the three girls' expression.

"Ei~ Sica. Don't tell me you're falling for their prank?" Yuri teasingly said to her nudging the ice princess.

"That's right. This three are just play~"

"It's not a joke, a prank or a game." Sunny firmly stated cutting of Hyoyeon.

"What?" Yoona's brows creased.

Tiffany sighed and handed out the crumpled paper to Jessica. Jessica hesitantly took the papers and started reading it.

"Wait. Where'd you get this?" She asked noone in particular.

"Keep reading. Don't ask questions until your done." Tiffany answered.

 

Audio Transcript [REC_000023.awr] 9.12.2014 / 22:18

TK: So, let me get this straight. You seriously are taking her out of the group even if she decides to leave the management of her company to me?

CKYM: Yes. Why? Don't tell me you don't like the idea. Because as far as I can recall, Mr. Kwon, as much of a friend you are to Jessica, I know you've been unable to pursue her into a further relationship. Being, the reasons are because she is too much of a busy woman for any sort of relationship. And with the recent launching of her fashion line, the wall between you get's thicker and thicker until, . . . well, let's just say until you are out of the picture.

TK: Huh. (scoff) I assure you, CEO Kim, that that will never happen. In case you've forgotten, I happen to be a major investor in her company.

CKYM: Oh. That's even more interesting. You get to be pushed out of the picture but it so happens that your in the picture except she won't acknowledge your existence as that of a lover or a friend and just a simple business partner.

TK: Okay. Okay. You're losing me here. When you get her kicked out of the group, what is it that you plan to get?

CKYM: Simple, with Jessica out of the group, I get you to invest more money in the company using my name and signature while you, Mr. Kwon, get to spend more time with our lovely ice princess and even pursue your relationship further.

TK: And how do you think that'd happen? The relationship, I mean.

CKYM: Well, imagining that she'd be totally distraught from being kicked out, ofcourse she'd be looking for someone's comfort and with her sister away for a drama and everything. Who else will she run to beside you? She'll come running in with tears in her eyes, you'll welcome her with open arms and comfort her, and well, happy ending for you.

TK: CEO Kim, I knew I had a good instinct about you. 

CKYM: And I you, Mr. Kwon.

TK: Now, I've of the what, why, and I know when. All I need to hear now is where and how.

CKYM: Don't worry. The where part is already set and as for the how. . . It's still an on going process and a successful process at that. 

{Audio Transcript} Audio Record Duration 00:27:03  

[NOTE:] Their conversation with the matter ends here. Would you want to keep the tail on them a little longer?

 

All the girls, except Sunny and Tiffany, gathered around Jessica and read the paper with her. The girls would occassionally gasp and curse as they continued to read the paper until they were done.

The room went so silent that even the sound of a pin falling would echo. 

Sunny looked around and saw the girls' expression varied from fear, confusion, shock and anger. Sunny knew exactly what they were feeling. After reading that damned file, she was in denial and didn't want to accept the fact. She called the PI asking - more like screaming at him about it. The PI understood that it was a natural reaction and he was patient enough to wait for her to calm down or at least stop yelling at him to let her hear the recording for herself.

"Wh-what's going to happen then?" Jessica asked breaking the silence.

Sunny sighed. There was no other choice. Not unless all girls nullify the contract which could get them royally screwed.

"We go ahead with the plan. Nothing changes." She looked at her determined and firm in her decision.

The girls were shocked again to hear what she just said.

"W-what?" Jessica and Tiffany blurted out in english.

"Unnie! You can't be serious." Seohyun reacted.

"Sunny-ah! The plan... No." Taeyeon mindlessly said shaking her head in disagreement.

"There's no other choice. I~"

"Are you kidding me? NO other choice?! Just like that? We haven't even tried to do anything to stop it and you're just standing there and saying the plan still continues? Have you even tried to do anything? Did you even bother to try to reach out for help from anyone? How about samchon? Have you even tried to reach out to him?!" Jessica exasperated.

It was Sunny's turn to get shocked. To think that her friend would accuse her of such was too much.

"You think I haven't tried doing anything?! I have! I reached out to as many people as I can who isn't involved with that damned idiot of a CEO. I tried reaching out to the old man but the situation is not in our damned favor!" The room went silent with her outburst.

Everybody knew about the situation her aunt was in at the moment.

"I did everything I could possible do! This isn't just for you. Don't think for one minute that you're the only one who feel so hurt and betrayed." She stopped shouting and her voice started to waiver. 

At the moment, she wanted to cry but not in front of everyone, not right now. With quick steps, she walked out of the room and slipped on her shoes before jogging towards the gate. 

"Sunny wait!" Jessica called out running after her.

"Leave me alone." She answered and stepped out of the village compound.

"Sunny!" Jessica shouted as the girl run uphill.

Tiffany saw the whole thing and held Jessica by the hand. "Let's leave her to cool her head. Come on, let's go inside before anyone see us."

Jessica hummed her answer and regretfully walked back to the room with Tiffany slightly dragging her.

 

When they went back to the room, she saw Hyoyeon trying to hold off her tears while consoling Seohyun and Yuri, and saw the same expression on Taeyeon and doing the same to Yoona and Sooyoung.

Sooyoung saw her and immediately handed her the second page that she still hasn't read.

"What's this now?" She sighed.

"Read it unnie." Yoona told her.

The first thing she noticed was her Weibo account ID when she read the paper. When she continued, the paper slipped through her hand and tears started to fall.

 

Sy_Jessica

"I was excited about our upcoming fan events only to shockingly be informed by my company and 8 others that as of today, I'm no longer a member. I'm devastated - my priority and love is to serve as a member of GG, but for no justifiable reason, I am being forced out.."

 

   

 

       

 

 

 

*N: Hello AFF world!

     I have returned! (Not for long.)

     So here's an update. I hope you like it and again  thank you so so much for reading, subscribing, and upvoting! :D