Thirty Four

Roommate 2: Running Away

N: This is awkward... 

     Okay.. So I barely and i mean barely reread my chapters before posting and when I did, I noticed that I made a major mistake on the last chap. Now, I thought that I should delete it and rewrite it but it'd just confuse me even more so I'll go along and write a follow-up chapter and I'll just see what happens then.

   And for this chapter, I'm writing it based mostly on Ryohei's point of view.


 

 

It's quarter to six... Ryohei thought to himself as he watched the time on his phone change, wondering if any of the girls were awake. Taking a risk, he pressed his contacts and looked for a number. Pressing in the T-section, he scrolled and saw the digits he was looking for. He called it and waited for the other line to answer.

"Hello?" A groggy voice answered a few rings later.

"U-uhh... Hi. It's me." He greeted back.

He heard a grunt and a sigh from the other line.

"Hi, oppa. You know it's barely six, right?" She asked not hiding her irritation.

"I know and I'm sorry." He said and did sound like it. "I-it's Sunny."

"Okay? What about Sunny?" He caught her attention.

"So for the past two weeks she's been coming home past midnight and last night," he paused heaving a sigh. "She didn't come home and still isn't back yet. I just thought I'd call to see if  she was with you or..."

"Oh. Uhmm. She's uhm... She's here." Taeyeon answered after hesitating whether she should tell the truth or not.

Thanks. He thought and finally is able to feel a little relieved. "Thank you, Taeyeon-ssi. But did she tell you what happened?" 

He heard some shuffling and something slidding before the girl finally answered. "Neh. She gave me a rough summary and... Yeah."

"Oh." He didn't really know how to answer to that.

"Don't be awkward, oppa. Truth is, I don't really know you much and still have some doubts about you but she did say she initiated it." Taeyeon was blabbing a little bit but her tone did sound flat and serious.

"She said that?" He wasn't so sure that that was true. In fact, he questioned himself so many times wracking his brain about what had happened.

"Neh." 

There was a pause between them so to break the silence, Taeyeon decided. 

"Oppa? Are you still there?" She asked quietly.

"Y-yeah. I'm here."

"Look, I know I should say it's not my business whatever it is that's going on with you two but," she sighed. "We're talking about Sunny here. Related or not, she is my sister. Whatever is going on with you two, one of you have to step up and fix it. I know you were told about the reason why we had her take the spot on the show so I don't to explain to you why this has to stop."

"Eoh. Tiffany told me and I'm sorry but I really don't know how to fix whatever this is." He answered moving to the backyard after hearing someone walking around.

"Okay. Fine. Like I said, Sunny gave me a rough summary and it's not much so could you tell me your side of the story?" 

"Uhm, sure." 

So for the next few minutes, he walked around the backyard talking over the phone telling her what happened; leaving out the the reason like Sunny told her last night.

 

After slipping and her lips landing on his, Sunny frozed for a fews seconds before rolling off him. Ryohei then got up and pulled her up acting like nothing happened. He glanced at her for a second and their eyes met but she quickly looked away. He sighed to himself and even blamed himself for not stopping her and now he knew it would be the start of another awkward interaction between them. 

Brushing the thought away for a second, he then proceeded to untie her gloves starting with the right hand. He had his eyes on her hand the whole time but he knew from the moment he started untying it and unwrapping the bandage that she was looking at her. He didn't need to look at her to know. He just knew. He was done with the left and just finished removing the bandage on her hand when he met her dazed eyes.

"Hey," he said feeling somewhat hynotized and dazed himself until he noticed some dirt on her cheek and brushed it off. "What are you thinking?"

He brushed off a clump of her as well and got caught off guard when her hands grabbed his. He looked her in the eye once more and he felt it

He doesn't know what exactly it was but there was something there - in her eyes, that was pulling him in. 

He felt her hand reach up and cup his face and before they know it, their lips were pressed together. 

The feeling of having her lips on his, there was that instant feeling of being overwhelmed with conflicting emotions. They separated for a while and he quickly saw fear overcome Sunny's eyes and before she could pullaway, he bent down and took her lips once more. He felt her gasp, tense and slowly relaxed responding to his kisses.

Their kiss went to hot and passionate; eager to taste each other, and then sweet and gentle before finally pulling out to gasp for air.

Moments later, Sunny looked at him, he looked at her and right there, he saw confusion her confusion. He reached out and caressed her cheeked where she held his hand and pressed it to her skin. He watched as her brows knitted together and her eyes shut and before he knew it, she was walking towards the locker room.

 

After telling his side of the story, he settled on the swing feeling a bit relieved to finally be able to tell somebody about it. He waited for her response and what Taeyeon has to say about it.

"Let's be clear," Taeyeon cleared and continued, "it was you who started the kiss?"

He didn't have to think about it. "Eoh."

"A-are you sure?"

"Yes. And for the past two weeks, even with her avoiding me, I don't regret or feel sorry about it. I'm just not sorry about it." He confessed and it is the truth. Not once had he thought about that kiss and regretted about it because from the start, it felt like it was supposed to happen.

Taeyeon paused for silence and Ryohei thought she hanged up on him until she said thank you and assuring him that she would talk to Sunny again and have her get back to the sharehouse before saying goodbye and hanging up.

After that phone call, Ryohei slumped down on the swing and feeling drained, he got up and went inside before he could collapse. 

 

Jerking awake sweaty and panthing heavily, Ryohei felt a small figure hugging and soothing him. Everything's still hazy for him.

"You're awake now. You're okay."

He heard someone whisper and for a moment, he thought this was another sick dream wanting to hurt him. When that figure pulled out from the hug to wipe his face, his eyes grew wide and his hands held her by her shoulders.

"Sunny?!" He asked with eyes popping out of its sockets.

"E-eoh." She answered awkwardly and quietly almost avoiding his gaze.

He sighed in relief and pulled her for another hug and they stayed a while in that position.

"I'm sorry." Sunny mumbled to his ear minutes later.

Ryohei sighed feeling bad because he knew he was the who started that kiss. It was because of him that it happened anyway and though he wanted to be sorry about it, he couldn't. Selfish of him, he more than just liked what had happen and if given many more chances, he would do it again and again and again and not feel an ounce of sorry for it.

Releasing her from the hug, he looked at her and she looked away but he made her look at him again.

"Look." He started and she closed his eyes. "What happened that day, I can't say the same."

Her brows creased. "Mwoh?"

"I know we've only know each other for almost two months but that doesn't matter to me." He started confessing and she started squirming away.

"I don't want to talk about things like this." She tried to get up but he restrained her hands and pulled her to sit down on the bed.

"You don't have to talk, you just have to listen because this has been eating me up for quite a while now and it could make me go freaking crazy if I don't ge to say it out loud." She stopped squirming and he let her hands go before shifting his body in a sitting position with his foot on the floor. "Will you listen atleast?"

She nodded.

"Thank you." He answered and sighed before continuing. "Like I said, I don't and I'm sure that I won't feel sorry for what happened because it is basically how I feel about you. I'm not very good with words and when that day happened, I basically thanked all Gods for giving me a chance to express it to you. And I know we've only know each other while and through that time we've become close as friends and like you, I don't want to lose that." 

He saw her bit her lip and continued once more. "I'm not saying this to pressure you to anything, I'm only saying this because I want to. No. Because I need to. Just please. Please don't hate me and don't let our new built friendship fade away because of what I did and this. If you want, we can be like before. We can't forget it because it already happened and.... Just say the word and I won't bother you again."

Ryohei slid his hand to her and held it waiting for her answer.

"I know." Sunny sighed and held his hand. "I know what you're trying to say and the truth is, things are going far too fast for the two of us and I also don't want to lose our friendship because of it."

"So what happens now?" Ryohei looked at her and for the first time in two weeks, she turned and meet his eyes.

"Like before?" She said it a bit awkward.

He smiled and she did the same. Not before lond did they start laughing and when they stopped, Sunny hugged him and he returned the gesture. They quietly stayed in that position for a while more until...

"Man! You gotta atleast warn a brother when you need some privacy! This' just wrong!"

They turned and saw the back of a dark skinned man and the door closing.

 

When dinner time came, everybody sat together. Gookju and Jackson started mouthing off how they've missed Sunny. Then Jong-ok, Dongwook and Seho pitched in how it felt strange seeing Ryohei not eating all of his food during those past few meals they've shared without her and Joon mumbled something that caught an innocent person's ear.

"M-mwoh?" Youngji exclaimed looking sideways at the older man.

"Nothing." Joon blankly answered and made a fuss about how good the food tasted like.

Youngji then awkwardly turned back to her food and for tat single comment, it made her look sneak a peek at Ryohei and Sunny. She quietly watched as Sunny placed a couple of meat slices on Ryohei's  bowl and how the older man smiled at her for gratitude. She stared at them for a long while until Sunny caught her and out of panic, she shoved the wrap in even almost choking on it.

"Yah! Youngji! The food's not going anywhere. Okay?" The older lady said giggling at the youngster.

She gave her a cautious look before nodding and looking away.

Jackson caught her acting weird and asked her about it.

"Yah. Bwohae? It's been two weeks since noona joined us on the table for a meal. Stop acting weird or you'll scare her away." He said.

Youngji scoffed and swallowed all the food in before retaliating. "Mwoh? It's not like it's my fault why she avoided 'you' for the past two weeks. For all I know you did or said something to her that made her avoid us!"

"Mworago?!" Jackson exclaimed and stood up looking at the girl.

Dongwook sighed and warned the two. "Yah. If you two don't stop, I'm -"

"Wae?!" Youngji stood up and matched his glare. "It's true! I know you were the last one to see her the night before and then the next night, she was out and then the next night and the next and the next!"

"Yah! You -" 

The two maknaes were dragged of by the ear when Dongwook decided to give them a time out. He took the two who kept arguing and brought them in Jackson and Seho's room.

"You two are going to stay here and will continue with dinner when you decide to calm down!" Dongwook said and stepped out but stopped to say some more. "And that is when I say you two can come out."

He closed the door and the arguing continued still.

 

Sunny looked at Ryohei and giggled. It's good to be back.

 

 

 

N: How are y'all doing?

   Huh.. It's nice to be back. It's been a while since I've written something and it's great that I'm finally able to update again.

  I hope you guys enjoyed this one and just to inform you guys, I'll do my best in hurrying it along.