One

Roommate 2: Running Away

"We all have our corner

A place we cry and hide

Annd this corner is mine

To hide my tears and I."


Taeyeon was by the door, leaning at the door frame watching her good friend or more like sister sink down further to depression. This started more than a year ago. It was a very sudden shift of being Sunny the cute and lively girl to being Sunny a great pretender. They all saw how she would do her best to put on a smile and go along the situations but they also felt her struggle of doing those things. So, along with the girls, they did went their ways to figure out how to in pull her out of it.

Some of the girls saw opportunity when schedules and activities were presented to them. All of them wanted her to go along and do it with them but she just refused saying that she'd stick with her regular schedules. They brought her to parties, dragged her to go shopping, went to the beach with her, go hiking with her and did some drinking session with her. In some of those moments, Sunny was happy but it was only for the moment. And although the girls may have their schedules, they still do their best to make sure that their friend and sister recover from it.

Stepping out of her thoughts, Taeyeon approached Sunny who was lost in her space looking out the window.

"Hey," Taeyeon said catching the short one's attention.

"Oh. Welcome home Tae." Sunny faked a cheerful greeting.

Heaving a sigh, she sat beside her and wrapped her arm around her. "I bumped onto ChanYeol today." 

"Oh. What did you guys talk about?" Sunny asked but her attetntion was outside the window.

"He told me about an audition for the new members of Roommate."

Instantly, Sunny thought that Taeyeon was going to leave the dorm, leaving her behind. "I guess you're auditioning?" 

"No. But I did tell Manager oppa to set you up for an audition."

That got her attention. "Why?" Creasing her eyebrows.

"I'm sorry if I did it without your permission. I just thought that this would be a good thing for you." 

She didn't respond and just looked back at the window.

"Will you at least try?" Taeyeon asked her.

Sunny hesitated but nodded her head in response.

"Okay. Manager oppa will call you about the audition date. Do you want me to come with you?"

"No,that's okay."

"Oh, okay. Uhm, yeah. Tiffany called earlier and told me to get you ready. We're going out for dinner tonight."

"All of us?"

"No, just you, me, Fany, maknae and Hyo. The others have schedules set up."

"What time?"

"Seven, that gives us an hour to prepare." She answered looking at the clock. "Start getting ready okay?"

"Eung." 

Dinner was the same as the previous months. They'd eat, talk about things, and the girls would try to make her join the conversation. She would join the conversation for a while then would suddenly keep quiet.


It's been a week since Taeyeon told her about the audition and three days since it was held. The manager called her a few minutes ago telling her that she was in and that they'd be arriving at the dorm in an hour to do a little interview.

She was the only one who didn't have any schedule or anywhere to go so she just stayed and prepared for the interview while waiting. 

Brushing her hair and putting on some light make up, she just sat in front of the vanity and looked at herself.

Smile. She said and did smile but only heaved a sigh and was back to a frowning face.

She heard the door bell a minute later and went to get it. She stopped by the door way and took a breathe before opening it. Just an hour. Just for an hour.

With a bright smile and expression, she did her best during the interview.


Two hours before Sunny's departure, some of the girls helped her pack some of her clothes and things to bring with her to the house while Taeyeon finished packing some food for Sunny to eat along the way. She walked into her room and saw the girl sitting by the edge of the bed spacing out again.

"Are you ready?" She asked sitting by her side.

"Hmm?" Sunny who was still spaced out answered.

Sighing, Taeyeon nudged her and put the packed snack on her sister's lap.

"Eat this along the way, okay?"

"Oh, okay. Is it time yet?" Sunny asked.

"Oppa's waiting for you downstairs. Come on, let me help you with your things." She pulled the bigger luggage and let Sunny hold the snack and her other luggage.

They were already at the elevator when she heard Sunny sigh. 

"What's wrong?" 

Sunny heaved a deeper sigh before answering. "I'm sorry. I don't mean too... I just..."

"What is it?"Taeyeon felt a little anxious.

"It's just, it feels like you guys are trying to get rid of me." She confessed. "I know it's not like that but it just kind of..."

Letting go of the luggage, Taeyeon hugged her. "Don't ever think like that. Please." She held the girl by the shoulder so that they were face to face.

"We're not, we're never getting rid of you. Even if you want to live us, we will never let you. We'll tape you on the sofa if we have to." She told her laughing at the later statement.

The shorter one smiled and returned the hug. "I'm sorry. I just can't help it." 

"And stop saying sorry." She cupped her face. "Okay? Just go and enjoy your time with them. Go out and have fun, don't just mope around."

"Neh~ umma." She answered teasing the other.

They both laughed and giggled. This was one of those moments where Taeyeon could see the old cheerful Sunny. 

"Eish~" She lightly smacked her shoulder.

Once outside the elevator, they hurried to the car. Their manager took charge in loading the luggage while she walked Sunny in. With one more hug, they both said their goodbyes and then left.


"Sunny-ah" The manager said trying to wake up the sleeping girl. "Sunny-ah. It's time to wake up. We're almost there."

"Eung oppa." She said waking up immediately.

"Seems like your the first to arrive." He parked the van then got out to unload the luggage.

Okay. This is it. Once you're out that door, you need to stop mopping. You have to be SNSD's Vitamin. Nobody wants or needs to see this side of you.

She mentally hypnotized herself when stayed at the car, waiting for the man to return. "Want me to wait with you until someone comes?" He asked while closing the driver's side door.

"Aniyo." She answered shaking her head. "I'm okay oppa. Thank you."

"Be careful. I'll call you and pick you up for your other schedules later." 

"Neh oppa. Kumawo. Bye." She inhaled before turning her back and smiling at the camera.

 

 


N: Yeap. So first chapter ~ yeyyyy!! I've been watching Roommate and really just wanted to write this. 

I won't be basing this on every episodes. But I'd probably be using some parts of the episodes as the story comes along. 

I hope everyone ~you guys~ enjoy reading it. Comments are highly invited. Be it nasty or nasty~!