Twenty Two

Roommate 2: Running Away

Taeyeon heard a car pull up close to the IY compound. The rest of the girls must've heard it also because of the room growing silent all of a sudden.

"Unnie. That could be Yuri-unnie with chief." Seohyun said to her.

"Eoh. I'll go check." She opened the door and some of the girls attempted to follow but she stopped them. 

Instead, the girls stuck their head out of the doo and window and watched over to where Taeyeon was. 

She heard voices that belonged to Yuri and the chief but she also heard a third one that sounded familiar but she couldn't remember who it belonged to. She opened the gate slowly and peeked only to be surprised to see Ryohei on the other side standing close to Yuri.

"What are you doing? Open the gate already." Yuri said and pushed the gate when she saw Taeyeon.

"Eo-eoh." She let them in and the girls came out one by one with the same expression as hers to greet the elder and Ryohei.

They were unable to ask why he was there because chief Wanggu was busy assigning them task before the four of them; Chief, Yuri, Taeyeon and Ryohei, set off to go find Sunny. It was already six o'clock and the sky was getting darker so they had to go quickly. Chief Wanggu told them to wear thick jackets because the temperature will surely drop as the time goes by. He also handed them flash light and small ranger backpacks that contained a first aid kit, an emergency battery for the flashlight, a bottle of water, and some other items.

Roadster Lee was waiting for them outside when they went out the gate. 

"There are three pathways headed to the mountain so we will be splitting up when we get there. Sunny could've either gone to the meadow or the creek and I'm having a strong gut feeling that she likely went to the creek." Wanggu explained while they made their way up the hill.

When they reached the junction point, Yuri and Roadster Lee was assigned to take the meadow path while the three of them were set to take the path to the creek. They went there separate ways and the three of them stopped when they reached another junction. 

"Omo-ya." The old man pressed his palm on his face and shook his head in dismay.

"Wae-yo?" Taeyeon asked feeling agitated with his sudden tone.

"I think Sunny might have used this path instead of the older path." He said and crouch down to get a closer look at the dirt path.

"What made you say that chief?" Ryohei asked.

"Noone from the village could've gone and used this path and this one has been closed off for the past two weeks because of the crazy fox chasing people around the area covering the path. These are fresh shoe prints and I'm guessing its Sunny's. Nobody in this area, except me or Roadster Lee could've used this path." He answered.

"But there's a sign and~ aahh. . .Sunny-ah. That girl is totally bad with directions and doesn't even pay attention to her surrounding when her mind is totally occupied." She stomped her feet frustrated at the thought of Sunny's preoccupied state.

"This won't do. Why don't you and Ryohei take that path and I take this one." He instructed them where to go and what to do before they took the path.

 

Ryohei didn't bother to listen at all. All he did was stare at the dirt path like it was a puzzle.

"Chief, so does for this path you just follow it and you'll ge to the creek right?" He interrupted the old man.

"Huh? Eoh. Yes." The old man answered mindlessly.

"Now, as I was saying. . . Oh? Yah! Yah!" 

"Ryohei oppa!" Taeyeon screamed after the man.

Ryohei ran towards the path as fast as possible. "Chief! You and Taeyeon take the other path! Don't worry! We'll be both back later!" He hollered and continued to run as far away from them as possible before he stops.

 

"Yah!! Jjeongmal!!" Wanggu was infuriated with what Ryohei did.

"Is he always like that?" He asked Taeyeon.

Taeyeon shrugged not knowing how to answer because she herself, just officially met the man a few days ago.

"Meolla-yo. But, I think for Sunny, he is." She said with her voice softening.

"Aigoo. I'm guessing that man is foolishly in love with our Sunny." He scoffed and they both snickered.

"Come on. Let's get going. We only have an hour before the sun finally sets."

"Neh."

The elder and the young lady walked towards the second path continuing their chit chats as if their were old friends.

 

Ryohei stopped running when he saw that he was finally far away from the junction point. 

"Okay. So I just follow the path and I'll be by the creek in no time." 

He started jogging to get to the creek faster. Jogging was no problem for him because of the volleyball training he's been under for years. In fact, he might even be able to cover the path towards the creek just by jogging.

He was stopped after a few good minutes and tried to listen around. To his right, he was able to hear the sound of rushing water. That's when he knew he was close. He started running again but this time, he was really running and not just jogging. He reached the creek minutes later.

"Okay." He huffed in some air to steady his breathing. "There's the creek but there is no Sunny." 

He got closer to the creeked and noticed a pair of sneakers floating in the water stuck between rocks. 

"What the?" No. She's not stupid. 

He grabbed the shoes and splashed the water out of them and looked around to see any signs or clues. He looked down to his right and saw foot prints heading towards the trees. He also noticed some animal prints close to the foot prints.

"Crap! The fox." He quickly followed the prints with the shoes on his hand.

The foot prints stopped in the middle of the forest. The earth was covered with grass and fallen leaves living no tracks for him to follow. He looked around again to check for any disturbances in the plant life and noticed, a broken branch on the east side close to the direction of the path.

He followed the direction and then saw another set of foot prints. He followed the prints again but he had to turn the flash light on because it was getting darker already. It's been minutes and when the trail ended again. He grew more desperate looking around.

Aish! Where the hell are you?! He screamed in his head.

"Aish jjeongmal! Yah! Lee Sun Kyu! Where are you?!" He screamed talking a 360 turn in his spot.

"Lee Sun Kyu! Sunny-ah! Where are you!?" 

 

"Lee Sun Kyu! Sunny-ah! Where are you!?"

"Hmm?" Sunny woke up feeling the cold air on her skin. She fell asleep on the tree branch after running away from the adorable but crazy fox earlier. 

She was just sitting by the creek dipping her feet when she heard the growling sound of an animal close to her. When she turned, she saw a fox growling like a rabid dog at her. She knew that foxes don't eat humans so she tried to calm it down but instead, the fox crept closer growling even louder and then she saw the look from it's eyes. Those beady adorable looking eyes made her feel like a prey.

She slowly got up and started to back away but the fox came closer with every step she took. When it took a pouncing position, her alarm bells started ringing and that's what got her running towards the forest.  She ran as fast as she could but the fox was still following her. Luckily, she found a tree not to high up for her to climb on. She was even more lucky that the branch was thick enough for her to rest on.

She fell asleep sometime later waiting for the fox to live her alone.

"Ah. Choowu." She groggily said waking up from the sound of someone screaming. 

 

Ryohei heard something or maybe someone and it alerted him.

Was that? He thought and looked around waving the light to see anything. 

"Yah! Lee Sun Kyu!? Shout if you can hear me!" Ryohei screamed.

Sunny heard her name and looked down to see someone waving a flashlight around the area.

Finally! A person. Oh? Wait. . . He know's my name?

She couldn't recognize the person who was screaming out her name so she took caution and stayed quiet. She moved to the side trying to see the person's face which was a big mistake because the tree branch creaked.

"Omoya!" She squealed and quickly moved closer to the tree so to avoid the branch from breaking.

Ryohei heard the sound of a branch about to break followed by somebody's squeal. Pointing the light towards the direction of the sound, he saw someone sitting on a branch and it was Sunny.

He sighed in relief and let his knees fall to the ground relieved in finding the lost girl.

Thank God. 

His relief was replaced with anger from worrying about the girl. He stood up again and got closer to the tree pointing the light back to her.

"YAH! LEE SUN KYU!" 

Sunny was taken aback by the sudden angry shout of her name.

"R-Ryohei oppa? Is that you?" She asked waving off the sound of anger in his voice.

"Wae?! Are you expecting someone else?!" 

"Ani~"

"Get down already so we can go back! Everyone's worried about you!" He cut her off but this time his voice was a little less angry.

"I- I can't." She answered. "The other branch broke off when I tried getting up here."

Ryohei looked up and it wasn't that far up so he started putting down the back pack and her shoes before opening his arms.

"Jump! I'll catch you." He said.

"What? Are you crazy? I could hurt both of us." 

"Will you trust me and jump already." He sounded irritated.

"But~"

"It's getting darker and colder by the minute so will you just jump. The others might already be back at the meeting point and we need to be there now! And besides, do you want the fox to comeback?" 

"Fine! But you have to catch me." 

"Jump already!!"

He heard a squeal and before he knew it, he found himself lying on the ground with Sunny on top of him.

 

 

 

 

 

*N: Hello! Update! Update!

   I'm going to keep on updating while I can and while the ideas are still in my head.

   Hope you liked this one! Thanks again for reading, subscribing and upvoting! 

  :D