Save

Map to Your Heart

 

 

 

The first thing Seungri feel was thirst. Oddly there was no pain, not even a twitch, but he felt so tired, so weak, as if he had been steamroll.

"Drink this," a cup was pressed to his lips.

Seungri submissively drink, and it was very pleased as the cold water took away the dryness in his throat. He force his eyes to open and saw a very tired, very worried eyes...TOP ...and a room he didn’t recognised seeing before. He lurched to a sitting position, only to have the entire room swam around him.

TOP’s protective arms came around Seungri, supporting him until the dizziness pass away.

"You need to rest. The Healers didn't do a complete job. They were too tired," TOP warned, lowering Seungri back onto the bed.

"How long?" Seungri asked weakly.

"About a week," TOP reply, his voice sound anguished. "You lost so much blood. Why?"

Seungri’s brain slowly brought him to the memories of the day of the attack. TOP was not aware that he was about to hit by the arrow when defending himself from the attackers. No one else left to protect him. What could he do? "I had a spear through my chest that's why."

TOP looked as if he had swallowed his tongue. "I meant, why you saved me." He seemed in no mood for jokes.

Seungri let out a sigh. "I…" he really didn't have an answer for that. Really. But he feel glad that he had saved TOP’s life.

A stray memory, somewhat dreamlike, floated his mind. TOP was saying something, asking him to hold on. Was it real? Or just something his mind made up because his heart wishes desperately for it to be true?

"You didn't have to save me. All you could do is to kill," TOP sounded almost angry.

Seungri looked away. "You don’t understand."

"Then explain it to me, damn it," TOP growl angrily. "I will not have an incompetent man on my team. You could cause another person death."

It feels like being hit. "Well, excuse me if I never kill someone before and not have a warrior heart like you," Seungri throw back, raising on one elbow but fell back limply, energy expended at that one small movement, panting harshly.

TOP made a slight grunt. "Just rest. It's not over, though," he warned. "We will speak later."