Attraction

The Uptown Romance

Jaebum stood steady and held on to the girl's hand and pulled her up. But Jaebum pulled her up with slight force causing her to end up in Jaebum's arms...almost hugging.
After a while, the girl quickly pulled away and looked at Jaebum with her eyebrows furrowed and her eyes wide open. Taemin widened his eyes in stupefaction when he saw who it was, "Ji...Ji...J-".
"
Jiyeon-ah! Are you ok?" Nana quickly pulled Jiyeon away from Jaebum as Suzy quickly inspected Jiyeon, seeing if she had any scratch marks, dirt or anything that's out-of-place on her.

"Yah! Watch where you're going!" Jaebum scolded at Jiyeon in annoyance. Jiyeon furrowed her eyebrows at Jaebum and looked at him from his feet and back up to his piercing eyes. Before she could say something back at Jaebum, Nana interruptedly scolded back at both Jaebum and Taemin, "Yah! You guys are at fault here! So you better watch where YOU'RE going!" Nana snarled at them.
Jaebum pursed his lips and narrowed his eyes into the distance then he looked back at Nana and scoffed at how childish the girls were being, "Oh, so now the blame are all on us when you girls weren't even watching where you're going too" 
After a while of Jiyeon recovering from what happened earlier, she got annoyed by what Jaebum said and blurted, "Yah! You, pabo downtown namja! Do you even know who we are? And who are you to talk to us like that?" Jaebum narrowed his eyes at Jiyeon, "Downtown namja? Mwo??" Jiyeon crossed her arms and smirked at him. The girls behind Jiyeon did the same and so they all glared and smirked at them looking as if they're higher than anyone. "Just because you're being praised by many people here doesn't make you that important. Who do you think you are to-" before Jaebum could finish his sentence, Taemin immediately covered Jaebum's mouth with his hand. Jaebum tried removing Taemin's hand but gave up and just glared at the girls while Taemin's hand is still on Jaebum's mouth. Taemin awkwardly smiled at the girls, "Uhm..He's not always like this, especially to girls. So I apologize on his behalf! Don't worry. You won't be hearing from him again!" Taemin hurriedly dragged Jaebum with him away from them.

"Who does he think he is?" Nana rolled her eyes as they watch the boys fade into the school's hallway. Suzy shrugged and calmly walked towards the direction to the cafeteria. Nana stared at Suzy puzzled about her odd action and looked at Jiyeon who is just looking through the hallway in which the boys disappeared into - looking off far into the distance through the hallway as if thinking of something with her expressionless face. She doesn't look angry or mad at all even after what they encountered with the boys. Nana became worried about the girls and thought about blaming the boys for she thinks they did something to them to act like this.

Might be some kind of magic?

Impossible.

 

--------------------------------------------------
"Jeez, Jaebum! Look what you've done!" Taemin covered his head with his arms as if protecting it, "We're ruined! Well, not like you'll care but WE'RE RUINED! They'll hate us and sue us! We'll be entitled as the school's ultimate losers! Noooo!" Taemin melted to his knees. 
Jaebum slowly looked around and noticed people looking at them, "Yah. Taem. You do realize that people are watching us..?" Taemin looked up and saw people staring at him. He let out an awkward laugh and quickly stood up, "Uh...Let's just get some food." Taemin quickly walked forward and Jaebum just followed him.


-----------------------------------------------
The girls took their seats on the empty table in the school's cafeteria and started talking. "What's wrong with you, girls? Ever since the incident happened with the downtown boys now you're both acting strange." Nana said in frustration and yet a bit worried.
"That guy...he's kind of...cute" Suzy said softly beneath her voice. "What?? Who???" Nana said in incredulity. Suzy just looked at Nana, but then she noticed something far at the back of Nana. And when she saw them clearly, she lifted her eyebrows and slightly lifted her hand; pointing at the back of Nana, "It's those downtown boys again". Nana spun around to see Jaebum and Taemin taking their seats just behind them. They didn't even notice the girls being there.
Jiyeon, who sat quietly next to Suzy stared at the boys. She didn't bother listening to Nana as she talked, and besides, she's mostly talking to Suzy so she didn't really felt the need to even bother listening to their conversation.
She was just focused on the boys..............or one of the boys...?
But before she knew it, she pouted a pout expressing annoyance but at the same time she felt her attitude and personality soften.

Nana furrowed her eyebrows at the boys and looked back at Suzy...and Jiyeon.
Suzy and Jiyeon just sat there, staring at Jaebum and Taemin's direction, lost in their own world. Nana tried bringing them back to earth by snapping her fingers in front of their faces, "Yah!" Nana called for both their attention. Suzy blinked rapidly and finally looked at Nana blankly, "Huh?" 
Nana cautiously looked at Suzy and in a slow curious tone of her voice, she said to Suzy, "Don't tell me they're the ones whom you mentioned as 'cute' earlier" Suzy shrugged, "Maybe?" Upon hearing the last peice of Nana and Suzy's conversation, Jiyeon then brought her senses back and curiously looked at Suzy without even saying anything. Suzy then started sipping on her straw of Banana milk while still having her eyes on the boys. "But they are not even up to our level. How can you even get attracted to them?" Nana said as she facepalmed. "Does it even matter?" Suzy just replied and without waiting for Nana's response, she stood up and approached Jaebum and Taemin. As soon as Suzy left, after a while of thinking, Jiyeon stood up from her seat. But before she could make her way Nana stopped Jiyeon by questioning her, "Where are you going?" "I'm just gonna do something" Jiyeon quickly responded and headed off to follow Suzy towards the boys' table.

"Hey~"
Taemin looked up and was pretty surprised to see Suzy who was standing before them and Jiyeon who was approaching behind Suzy. Jaebum saw the surprised expression on Taemin's face and slowly turned around to look back only to see the girls behind him. Suzy looked down while slightly swaying her body like a shy girl would do, "Uhm...About earlier. I just want to apologize..." Jaebum just looked at her cautiously. "what happened earlier; it was clearly an accident and we have this bad habit about taking such things as if it's a big deal, well, we're really sorry." Suzy slowly peaked at Jaebum and Taemin with just her eyes checking for their response.

Jaebum just sat there, looking at Suzy and Jiyeon. "It's ok! I know you didn't mean it anyway!" Taemin tried to be as bright as possible to assure them that it's really ok. Suzy smiled, "I hope we get along~" "Of course, we can!" Taemin replied back; cheerfully, "I guess" He muttered as he worriedly looked over at Jaebum who's still looking at them as if he's trying to read their minds. He knew Jaebum will coldly refuse but he still hope that Jaebum would consider. Jiyeon looked at Jaebum who has been quiet. He was just sitting there, cautiously looking at them and it kind of gave Jiyeon the uneasy aura, "Why are you looking at us like that?" Jiyeon narrowed her eyes at Jaebum. "Why do I feel like you're just acting nice?" Jaebum slowly turned back to face forward and started biting on his burger; minding his own business. Jiyeon got pissed off. So she flicked the back of Jaebum's head. Jaebum dropped his burger on his platter and rubbed on his head. He slowly turned around to look at Jiyeon who just scoffed and walked away.

"I thought he would be less colder this time, but nope! He's just naturally cold." Jiyeon muttered to herself.

"Yah! Tell your friend to apologize!" Jaebum snarled at Suzy. Suzy looked at him nervously and bowed, "I apologize on her behalf!" "I didn't ask for your apology. I said that she should apologize" Jaebum replied; annoyed. "Let it go" Taemin blurted out. Jaebum turned to face Taemin and just squinted his eyes at him. "I came here to make friends with you, guys!" Suzy involuntarily blurted. She was a bit embarrassed when she said it, but in hopes that at least one of them would accept her she waited for a positive response. She really did wanted to make friends with them.
The only person who really would accept her would obviously be Taemin. But Jaebum just scoffed, "I'd accept you unless your friend apologizes"