Where is Jaebum?

The Uptown Romance

"I'll be back in 3days. Miss me a bunch, girls. Toodles!" Nana hopped into her family's car and they hit the roads for their mini family trip. 

Suzy and Jiyeon watched the car driving off down the road, then Suzy slowly walks over to Jiyeon, standing right in front of her view. The two glared at each other, "What is it this time?" Jiyeon asked in a pissed tone of her voice. "Whatever you do, just go stick around with that Mark and never come near Jaebum." Suzy glared at Jiyeon a little bit longer before bumping into her shoulder as she walked off.

Jiyeon stood in place and stared blankly into the view in front of her before looking down at the ground. 

All this just because of Jaebum...

 

 

Classes started, Suzy and Jiyeon never looked at each other. 

Mark and Jiyeon hung out as usual until break time came. They both sat together on one table at the cafeteria. 

Jiyeon scanned the cafeteria, searching for Taemin and Suzy, expecting those two to be sitting together but she only sees Suzy sitting with Hyorin and their other friends, but no sign of Taemin. Especially Jaebum.

"Excuse me for a while, I'm just gonna go check something." Jiyeon said to Mark as she stood up from her seat. 

"Sure, I'll wait then." Mark assured Jiyeon as he watches her vanish into a corner, leading to the school's hallways. 

 

Why am I so curious? 

Jiyeon walked towards a classroom and just stood by the door.

What am I doing? Why do I care so much about this? 

She took a deep breath then peeps into the class and spots Taemin, sitting alone on his desk with at least 3 other students chilling inside but in their own small group at one corner of the classroom. Jiyeon took one more deep breath before gaining the courage to enter the class. She slowly and nervously approached Taemin who sat alone. He looked quite gloomy. 

"H-hey... Coconut head... I mean... Taemin." 

Taemin looked up to the familiar voice who called to him and sees Jiyeon standing in front of his desk. He was a little surprised to see her in his class, especially the fact that she came just to approach him which never ever happened before. "Oh... Jiyeon.. What are you doing here? Is there something you need?" Jiyeon felt awkward but she didn't want to make it obvious because it'll hurt her pride so she tried to play it cool and just sat on the seat in front of Taemin's. She sat elegantly and looked at Taemin with a serous face. "How come you aren't hanging out with Suzy as you usually do today?" 

Taemin stared at Jiyeon, wondering why is she concerned about this matter but he answered her anyway, "I don't know. I don't feel like it today." 

"You seem gloomy. That's very unusual of you. You're usually cheerful and annoying." Jiyeon just stared at Taemin sternly. 

Taemin let out a sigh and leaned back on his chair while looking down blankly at the paper on his desk. 

Jiyeon held back the urge to ask about Jaebum but as she was about to, Taemin then finally blurted out what Jiyeon wanted to hear from him, "Jaebum was rushed to the hospital 2 weeks ago. I haven't gotten to see him since then."

Jiyeon widened her eyes as she heard the news. 

"Apparently, no one is allowed to come see him at the hospital according to Mr. Tyler's request and I don't know why. If they are hiding something then I just don't understand what's worth hiding anything from a best friend. But I'll respect that. I just hope they're only ing around and being dramatic. I don't want to assume that it's something serious. So don't put that in my head, please. I want him to be okay." Taemin's expression sank as he stares down blankly at his hands.

"Where-..." Jiyeon paused as Taemin's eyes shifted towards her when she was about to say something. 

"Huh?" Taemin looked at her curiously, thinking that she was gonna say something.

Jiyeon shook her head and stood up, she was too afraid to ask so she turned around, "Hope he'll be fine." she starts walking out of the class room. 

 

Jiyeon bit onto her bottom lip when she exited the class. 

I want to know where that hospital is.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jiyeon made it to her class when the school bell rang and she spotted Mark smiling at her from his desk "Hey! I've been waiting for you!" Mark then realizes something about Jiyeon. By the time Jiyeon took her seat which is next to Mark's. He stared at her for a while, trying to read what's on her mind, "You look sad"

Jiyeon widens her eyes a bit to what Mark said then she looks at him and shakes her head in disapproval, "Uhm, no. Well, it's just uhm... I lost my favorite bag accessory. I can't find it anymore, it must've dropped!" 

Mark leaned over to the side, peaking at Jiyeon's backpack and noticed that she had enough accessories attached to her bag so he raised his eyebrow. "But you have more than enough already." 

"The special one! I lost it! It's a gift from a friend!" Jiyeon covered up for herself. 

Mark nodded slowly, "Ahh.... Tough luck. Should I help you find it?" 

"No, there's no need." Jiyeon said.

"Hmm... If you say so." Mark looked forward towards the front of the class. 

 

The teacher came in and started teaching. 

Jiyeon sat in class with things on her mind. She looked at Suzy who sat in front of the class, paying attention to the teacher. She kept staring at her sternly, thinking about something then moments later, she widens her eyes a bit as she thought of an idea. 

Perfect...

 

 

 

Friday,

End of class,

 

"Could you come pick me up with a different car this time?"

"Just tell my dad that I said so. I'll text him right after this call. Use one of the cars which we barely bring out. The one with heavily tinted windows."

Jiyeon was on the phone with her personal driver.

"Yes, make it quick and don't get out of the car. I'll open the door for myself today. Okay." 

"Also, could you bring me my cap and coat. It doesn't matter which one. Bring any of them."

"Yes, thank you."

Jiyeon dropped the call and slipped her phone into her bag. 

 

 

Minutes later, she spots Suzy exiting the school. She quickly walks over to her and blocked her way.

They both shared glances.

"I heard Jaebum was rushed to the hospital." Upon hearing the news, Suzy widens her eyes worryingly then later glared at Jiyeon, "Which hospital!?" 

"I don't know. Ask Taemin." Jiyeon said as they both spotted Taemin who's walking out of the school's gates.

Suzy quickly rushed over towards Taemin to ask where is the hospital which Jaebum is in. 

Finally, Jiyeon's ride made its way in front of the gates. Jiyeon entered the car and watched the 2 while she puts her coat and cap on. 

She watches as Suzy pulls Taemin into her car and it drove off.

 

 

"Follow that car." Jiyeon ordered her driver to follow the car which Suzy and Taemin is in.