On the way home

The Uptown Romance

Morning came and the birds starts chirping as the sun shone brightly up in the sky.

The two were still asleep until one of them slowly flickered their eyelids opened, realizing it's already morning. Jiyeon then hears a heartbeat and remembers something all of a sudden. She widens her eyes as she realizes she's still all snuggled up to Jaebum who's still fast asleep. She quickly lifted her head from his chest and looked down at herself, seeing her body. She quickly pulled the blanket over her chest, hugging it against her tight as she stared at Jaebum, slumbering peacefully. 

"We....did it... We actually had-...." 

Jaebum suddenly groaned, it startled Jiyeon so she quickly dashed out of bed as she grabbed her clothes from her bags, quickly making her way to the bathroom to get herself washed up and dressed. 

Jaebum slowly opened his eyes and drowsily sat up straight on the bed as he scanned the room, realizing he's alone. "uh..." he looked down at himself and his expression froze into a poker face. 

"..............................did we just-..." he groaned in embarrassment and quickly gets off bed, took a pair of clean clothes from his bag and got dressed before packing up everything. He then checked the mirror and starts fixing himself and went out to check for his car at the garage across the street. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh my god, Jiyeon. You didn't just-...." Jiyeon slapped her cheek gently and looked at herself in the mirror, talking to herself.

"You and that man you used to hate spent the night in bed together!!" she whisper-screamed at herself and massaged her cheeks with her palms in embarrassment. "How did it all come down to this? Where is life going nowadays? Whereeee??" Jiyeon genlty knocked her forehead against the mirror a few times before just leaning it against the mirror. 

She emits a sigh, "Face it. We have to go home together and we shouldn't make things awkward." Jiyeon looked into the mirror and threw a hwaiting sign in front of her towards the mirror, "act normal."

 

Jiyeon slowly opened the door just a little bit and peeped through the small space of the slightly opened door, checking to see if Jaebum is around. But there was no sign of him and all his clothes' that were left on the floor from the night before aren't there anymore, as well as both their bags and luggages weren't there. Jiyeon was puzzled and went out of the bathroom and realized she is actually alone in the room.

"Where did he go?" Jiyeon muttered to herself then she gasps, "DID HE LEAVE ME ALONE AND TOOK ALL OUR THINGS?" Jiyeon freaked out and stumbles towards the window to have a look outside at the garage across the street where he had his car fixed. There, he saw Jaebum leaning back on the front of his car as he casually stares at his watch and then looked up at Jiyeon, spotting her looking back at him. He then waved, gesturing her to come down before tapping onto his wristwatch. 

Jiyeon sighed in relief knowing that he didn't actually leave her behind so she quickly makes her way out of the motel and went over to Jaebum. "What took you so long?" Jaebum asked as he opened the door for Jiyeon. 

"I uh....you know girls. We take long to get ready." Jiyeon said as she enters the car.

Jaebum just rolled his eyes and shrugged it off as he closes the door to Jiyeon's side and quickly walks over to the driver's side.

 

They soon hit the roads towards home which shouldn't be too far at a driving distance. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Meanwhile, at Nana's home,

 

"Jiyeon and Jaebum hasn't been home since the night they left early from the slumber party. What are those 2 up to??" Nana stressfully raises her voice while holding her phone against her ear, walking around in circles as Suzy and Taemin watched her who are seated on the sofa.

"Relax, Nana. Jiyeon called me yesterday. She said that she and Jaebum are together and they were just kind of having problems with Jaebum's car 'cause it kind of broked down in the middle of nowhere and they should be getting things fixed and making their way back hom by now." Daesung can be heard on the other line. 

"WAIT WHAT?" Nana screamed worryingly which left Suzy and Taemin staring at Nana in curiousity. 

Suzy bolted up from her seat and moved her ear closer to Nana's phone, trying to listen what Daesung is saying.

"Are you sure they can even find help and get everything fixed???" Nana said stressfully. 

"Why don't you call her and find out if everything is okay?"

"Wow do you even care about Jiyeon??"

"Of course, I do. She's like a little sister anyway."

"Then why are you so chill and laidback about this whole situation?? It doesn't sound like you are bothered!"

"Maybe because he's with a dude and he can help her?"

"DID YOU KNOW THAT THE DUDE IS BEING SUCH AN TO ALL OF US??"

"The ?" Daesung choked. 

 

Taemin stood up and looked at Nana. "Hey..."

Nana just glared at him while she raised her index finger towards Taemin's lips. Taemin just stared at her innocently and sat back down on the sofa while Nana spoke to Daesung in distress. "Help me find her!!" 

"She will be ok, don't worry. Just by the way Jiyeon sounded when she's with him, it doesn't seem like he'll do anything. If he was such an then Jiyeon would sound like she's in danger but instead, she's so chill and laidback about it."

You are officially of no help throughout the future, you piece of poop pile." Nana dropped the call and sumped down on the sofa, tossing her phone beside her as she lets out a sigh of frustration.

 

Taemin sat at the edge of the sofa, leaning his elbows down on his knees as he gently buried his fist into his palm and looked at Nana who's across from him. "Don't worry, Jinnie. Jaebum isn't a bad guy. Trust me."

Nana looked at Taemin who smiled at him and sighed. "If you say so. I trust you."

Suzy just looked at the both of them and hung her head low as she stare at her palms that rested on her lap. 
Those two are together again. Suzy thought to herself then she clenched her hands into a fist. 

 

Jiyeon, you witch...

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It's been quiet in the car, nobody spoked and Jiyeon just pretended she's asleep. She kept her eyes shut throughout the ride, waiting for them to arrive hope ASAP.

"So for how long will you keep your eyes closed and stay in that position? Must be boring." Jaebum blurted out as he focused on the road. 

Jiyeon shot her eyelids opened and froze. 

"YOU . I'M TRYING TO HAVE A PEACEFUL STATE OF MIND, WHY DID YOU RUINED IT AGAIN??" Jiyeon yelled at Jaebum.

"Geez, talkin' 'bout 'peace', you could like, 100 times be the opposit of that 'cause of your constant loud screaming" Jaebum teased. 

Jiyeon rolled her eyes and grumpily turned her back towards Jaebum with her arms crossed over her chest. "." she murmured.

"I heard that." Jaebum teased.

"I don't care!" Jiyeon raised her voice and pouted. 

 

15minutes went by and Jaebum parked his car in front of Jiyeon's huge gate to her mansion. Jaebum looked over to Jiyeon and noticed that she's actually asleep in her seat.

Jaebum got out of the car and took her stuff from the boot before walking to her side of the car, opening the door and gently shaking her shoulder to wake her up, "Hey Jiyeon. You're home now" Jiyeon slowly opened her eyes and saw Jaebum staring back at her, "Huh? Am I home now?" Jiyeon asked in a soft, drowsy voice. She looked over to the front and sees her mansion in front of them. "Oh..." She slowly gets out of the car as Jaebum closes the car's door after her. 

Jiyeon buzzed on the gate's buzzers then looked up at the cameras until the mansion gates opened, and out came a man in a suit, with a pair of sunglasses on. He had an earpiece in one of his ear. He helped Jiyeon with her bags as Jaebum watch her go in with her security guard. 

Jiyeon looked back at him and smiled a little, "Thank you."

Jaebum just nodded his head upwards and saluted her a goodbye as he stepped away backwards towards his car, watching the huge gates closeing before him.

Through the small monitor in a little guard house next to the gate, Jiyeon watched Jaebum's car driving off until it disappears from the camera's view.