Tracking him down

The Uptown Romance

The day before, Jiyeon requested Nana to ask Jaebum's photos from Suzy and Nana passed them all to Jiyeon.

"These are his photos." Jiyeon passed on a few photos of Jaebum from her own phone to one of her personal security guards' phone.

"I want you to wait at that hospital everyday until you see this boy walk out of that hospital. By then, I want you to follow him. But don't make it obvious. Once he reaches his house, give me a call, got it?" Jiyeon said to her personal security guard.

"Yes, ma'am." the security guard took his order and left for the hospital. 

 

 

A few more days went by and everyone lived their lives normally,

 

It was a Monday morning, 

Jiyeon was having her breakfast before going to school while watching tv until her phone suddenly rang. She grabbed her phone and checked the screen to see who was calling and to her surprise, her personal security guard was the one calling. She quickly answered the call and placed her phone against her ear, "Did you find his place?" 

"Yes, ma'am. I did." 

 

Jiyeon smiles proudly to herself, "Good.. Never forget where he lives. I'll ask you to bring me there very soon." Jiyeon dropped the call and rested her chin on her palm while tapping onto the table with her other hand, "I finally found you.."

 

"Miss Park, your friend is here." 

Jiyeon looked at the maid with furrowed eyebrows, "Who is it?" 

"I don't know but it's a boy whom I have never seen before and he said that he's your friend, Miss Park." the maid replied. 

"Okay, I will be out in a few." Jiyeon said as she quickly went to her bag which was on the sofa, stashed everything she needed into her bag and then swung it over her shoulder as she walked towards the front doors of her mansion. 

As she took a step out of the doors, she saw Mark who's staring up at her huge mansion in awe. "Mark?" 

Mark looked at Jiyeon when he heard his name then he flashed a smile at her while waving, "Hey.. Nice house you got here. It's masive." 

 

"Yeah but uh, why are you here?" Jiyeon walked towards Mark.

"I wanted to go to school with you." Mark smiled.

"Uhm....how did you know where I lived tho?" Jiyeon asked.

Mark rubbed the back of his nape, "I uhm... I asked Nana"

 

Jiyeon furrowed her eyebrows deepy while massaging her temples.

That girl...

 

Jiyeon let out a sigh then nodded. "Okay okay well let's just go to school then."

Mark smiled happily at her response. But as he was about to walk out of the gates, Jiyeon's voice filled the area, "Wait, were you planning to walk to school?" Mark spun around to see Jiyeon standing next to a car. 

Mark glanced out the gate before glancing back at her again, "uh.... yeah... but uhm ok well..."

Jiyeon sighed again and made way away from the car's door, "Get in."

 

Mark awkwardly walked over to the car and entered it, followed by Jiyeon.

The driver closed the car's door for them before entering the car and driving off.

 

"Who knew you actually lived a princess life." Mark chuckled lightly. 

 

 

They arrived at the school and they both got off the car.

I wonder if Jaebum came to school today since he's out of the hospital.

Jiyeon walked into the school building while scanning her surroundings, hoping to see Jaebum in site by chance. He walked over to his class and stood by the door, peeking inside to check if he came to school but only saw Taemin talking with Nana and Suzy who both sat on the desks. There was no sign of Jaebum again. Jiyeon waited outside his class until the bell rang.

She lets out a sigh, "he still isn't coming to school." she makes her way to her class.

 

Friday came and Jiyeon decided to go out for a walk at a park after school to get some fresh air,

She sat on a bench within the park's premises and stared down at her phone, randomly caressing the blank screen with her thumbs. "Why do I feel so empty these days? It's like nothing interesting has been happening in my life. Everything seems dull." she unlocked her screen and opened her gallery. A few of Jaebum's photos starts appearing on the bottom of her screen. 

Jiyeon blushed a little when she saw the thumbnails of all the photos of Jaebum she received from Nana. "I forgot to delete them." She tapped on one of the photos till it popped into fullscreen. Jiyeon stared at Jaebum's pic then smiles softly to herself. "He's actually very good-looking" Jiyeon kept swiping through his pictures

 

"I wonder where did Suzy get all these photos. She must've snapped some pics of him while he wasn't looking. What a creep." Jiyeon thought to herself.

 

She kept staring at his photos and another smile slowly starts appearing on her face. "How come I didn't realize his good features? I must've hated him so much that I couldn't see it."

 

A notification suddenly pops up on the top of her phone. It's a LINE message from her mom telling her to come home already. Jiyeon tapped on the notification till her mom's chatbox on LINE launches on her screen. 

Jiyeon stood up from the bench and starts typing a message on her phone while she walked along the thin lane that leads towards the outside of the park's premises. 

"Okay, mom. I'll be home in a few." Jiyeon tapped on 'send' then all of a sudden, she bumps into someone causing her phone to fall to the ground. Jiyeon gasps as she quickly picked her phone up, wiping it against her coat before checking to see if there's a crack on her phone's screen but luckily there wasn't.

"Watch where you're going." the male said.

 

Jiyeon looked up at the man and she widens her eyes a bit when she saw who it was...

 

 

"....Jaebum?"

 

 


 

They finally meet.