End of the School Holidays

The Uptown Romance

The school's holiday is finally over. Suzy and Nana met up together and were talking blissfully about things until Jiyeon caught up with them. Suzy noticed Jiyeon and gave her a sly look from her feet to her toes before walking off first. Nana looked at Jiyeon and rubbed her shoulders, giving her an 'everything-will-be-ok' look before walking with Suzy. Jiyeon followed behind them while hanging her head low and glancing to her sides as her hair falls, covering the sides of her face as if hiding from people's stares. 

I don't know if I can face Jaebum today. Jiyeon thought to herself. 

 

Jiyeon kept walking behind her friends while shyly looking around, hoping not to see Jaebum around. 

"Hey guys!" A familiar boy's happy voice could be heard across the hallway and there was Taemin, half-running towards them while waving and greeting them with a friendly smile. 

Nana and Suzy both greeted Taemin and they talked for a bit while Jiyeon kept staying low from anyone's attention, especially Taemin's. 

Taemin smiled at the two as they talked and then later he noticed Jiyeon not joining in but he wasn't surprised because that's how she usually acts like around him. However, there was something quite off about Jiyeon so it wasn't like usual. Taemin smiled and approached Jiyeon with a friendly greeting, "Hey Jiyeon, what's up?"
Jiyeon looked up at Taemin and gave him a small, awkward smile, "uhm, hey..." Taemin was a little suspicious because Jiyeon seems quite different. Usually he knows that she would be cold to him but then this time, she smiled at him although it was awkward so that drew Taemin into suspicion something must've happened. "Are you okay? You don't seem to be...like you normally are." Taemin looked at her curiously. Jiyeon glared at him and looked off to the sides, avoiding his eye contact, "It's none of your concern. Just hang out with these 2, not with me." Jiyeon scoffed and walked into her class. Taemin just raised his eyebrows at Jiyeon's reaction and shrugged it off. "Ok, now she's back to being herself. Nothing suspicious at all, I guess." Taemin thought to himself and later went back to talking to Nana and Suzy for a while.

"So where's Jaebum?" Suzy asked Taemin.

"I'm not sure. Maybe he'll be late today?" Taemin shrugged.

"Oh okay..." Suzy's voice fades.

And so the 3 kept talking before classes starts. 

 

 

Jiyeon sat in class. Her elbows rested down to her desk while she rests her chin on her palm, playing with her pen in her other hand that's rested on the desk while staring blankly at the white board....

...thinking about Jaebum..

WAIT WHAT!? Jiyeon shook her head while hitting onto it gently then she covers the bottom half of her face, just right underneath her eyes with both her hands while shaking her head just a bit.

Why am I thinking about you?? I just want to get everything off my head! Stop bothering me, Jaebum. Stop!

 

"Hey..." A male's voice could be heard interrupting Jiyeon's moment alone. Jiyeon looked up to see who interrupted her and sees a handsome male looking down at her with a charming little smile. 

Jiyeon just stared at him for a while with furrowed eyebrows then she sighed and rested her chin on both her palms while her elbows rested on her desk. 

"I'm Mark, by the way. I just moved here from the US over the holidays here in Korea. I hope to be friends with you." Mark reached out his hand to Jiyeon for a friendly handshake. Jiyeon noticed his hand right next to her face then she looks up at Mark and held his hand, "Jiyeon." they shook hands and smiled at each other.

The teacher finally came to the class followed by Nana and Suzy. The 2 of them quickly rushed to their seats while Mark walked over to the front to where the teacher is. 

"Class, we have a new student here with us." the teacher looked at Mark with a friendly smile and gestures her hand towards the class, "Please introduce yourself."

Mark stood in front of the class and introduces himself, "Hi, my name is Mark Tuan. I've just recently moved here in Korea all the way from the United States. I do hope to make friends with everyone here." 

Some of the girls in class were quietly getting excited and some of them were whispering into each others' ears while looking at the handsome boy in front. 

"Okay class, is there an available seat for Mark?" a girl in front of Jiyeon raised her hand and pointed at an available desk. Jiyeon's eyes followed to where the girl is pointing and realized there's an available desk right next to her. Mark walked over and took his seat. He then looked at Jiyeon and nodded his head upwards at Jiyeon while smiling, "Hey again, looks like I'll talk to you often if that's fine." 

Jiyeon just stared at Mark and then went back to resting her cheek on her palm while paying attention to the the teacher who's already explaining their lesson. Mark just lets out a quiet chuckle and listened to the teacher as well.

 

 

Time went on and it's finally breaktime,

Jiyeon nervously walked behind Suzy and Nana to the cafeteria and gethered around their table. As soon as Taemin came into view, Jiyeon quickly hung her head low thinking that Jaebum is with him too. She just wanted to avoid Jaebum.

Taemin caught up with them and sat beside Nana.

"Where's Jaebum? Didn't he come to school today?" Suzy asked.

As soon as Jiyeon heard that Jaebum isn't with Taemin, Jiyeon looked up him, seeing that he really came without Jaebum around. 

"I tried texting him but he hasn't replied. I even tried calling him but no answer. But I don't find it unusual of him to ignore my texts and calls because he'd do that sometimes. What's unusual is that he didn't inform me today on why he's absent. Usually he'd let me pass the message on to the teacher as to why he can't attend classes but today, nothing." Taemin said as he stared at his phone, with Jaebum's chat box opened on KakaoTalk. "He hasn't even given me a seen yet up until now."

 

Is he trying to avoid me now too? After....what had happened? Jiyeon thought to herself while she stared down at her phone blankly. But why should I be bothered? Isn't this what you wanted? If you and him start avoiding each other then that would be a lot better. Right? Jiyeon bit onto her bottom lip while thinking to herself.

Suzy, Taemin and Nana all looked up at someone who stood before their table. All of a sudden, Jiyeon felt a tap on her shoulder. Jiyeon was once again interrupted so she looked up and saw Mark smiling down at her while holding a tray of his lunch. "Mind if I sit here?" 

Jiyeon sighed and nodded, "go ahead."

Mark smiled and sat beside Jiyeon, leaving Jiyeon a bit astonished and a bit pissed. She gave herself a little more personal space by moving away from Mark a little then she starts eating lunch.

Taemin looked at Mark and Jiyeon and narrowed his eyes, "are you guys friends?" 

Jiyeon just stayed quiet while Mark shook his head, "Nah, but we'll get there." Mark chuckled and continues to initiate a conversation with the group while they had their lunch.

 

Break time is already over and they all walked towards their class while Taemin went the other way to his class. 

They were all enjoying Mark's company. 

 

Jiyeon, eventually, was too.

 


 

The author has summoned Mark Tuan!

Hope you enjoyed this one. I'm just throwing whatever ideas that's in my mind. This wasn't planned carefully.