Lil trouble

The Uptown Romance

Taemin tucked his hands in the pocket of his hoodie as he walked along the road of the neighborhood.

Things have been running in his mind lately.

He wasn't thinking about the incident that happened between him and Suzy. He didn't care much about that anyway. He knew that Suzy and himself are close enough so she'll get over it later today for sure, and by the time he returns back to the house they'll start talking again like nothing happened. Their bond is indeed good.
What ran around Taemin's mind was what happened last night between JB and Jiyeon. He wasn't sure if he was just over-thinking but to be truthful, it seemed so real.

"It's impossible JB is falling for Jiyeon~" He laughed to himself. But putting more thoughts into it made him doubt it, "But the way he looked at her isn't the way he would usually look at people..." Taemin sighed. "I really like Jiyeon though. I won't let the girl of my dreams slip away that easily."

 

Time passed by and Taemin managed to calm his mind from all the thoughts that stressed him.
Taemin then jogged back at the house and when he arrived, everyone was having breakfast. Suzy noticed Taemin's arrival, but before she approached him Suzy inhaled and puffed her cheeks as she exhaled. Then with her usual cheerful tone she greeted, "Taemin! You came! Follow me and I'll get you your breakfast." Suzy eye smiled before disappearing into the kitchen. She acted that way so that both Suzy and Taemin can just loosen up and forget about the accidental lip-touching moment they had earlier.

Taemin followed Suzy into the kitchen and there she found her taking a bowl out of the top cabinet. "So what would you like? A sandwich or a bowl of cereals?" Without deciding what he wanted, Taemin just asked for a bowl of cereals since she already got him a bowl. "I thought Nana was gonna make breakfast." Taemin sniggered. Suzy chuckled as she placed the bowl and the cereal on the table while getting the milk from the fridge, "I guess I took all her time telling about-..." Suzy imidiately stopped. Taemin looked at her in confusion. Suzy then started blushing, because instead of trying to forget about the lip-touching incident she just reminded herself about it. So she looked away trying to hide her red face while looking for a spoon.

"Uh, Suzy...About what happened earlier-..."

"DON'T start with that!" Suzy cut Taemin off and blushed even more while she still had her back faced to Taemin.

Taemin scratched the back of his head and just waited by the dinning table.

Suzy then managed to cool down her burning red face and so she turned around and handed the spoon to Taemin. He smiled and acted cheerfully while thanking Suzy just to break the ice. Suzy then suddenly felt relaxed when the atmosphere suddenly changed all thanks to Taemin who lit up the room.

 

"Have you eaten breakfast already?" Taemin asked while taking a spoonful of cereal and put it in his mouth. He continued eating while waiting for Suzy to answer. "Yep, I've already eaten." Suzy said.

Both Suzy and Taemin could here JB and Jiyeon arguing again from somewhere in the house. It's normal so they didn't care to check what they are arguing about. It might be about something stupid. "They will never get along at least." Suzy muttered to herself. "What was that?" Taemin looked at Suzy confusingly leaving his bowl of cereals half-eaten. "Do you still like Jiyeon?" Suzy asked. "I do." Taemin replied but in a low voice. "Why are you so down?" Suzy lowered her head and looked to the side at Taemin who had his head hanging low. "I like Jiyeon a lot but I feel like she'll never ever like me back." He sighed.
"You'll win her when you always hang out with her." Suzy tried giving a simple advice.

"We did hang out a lot but she shows no interest in me at all." Taemin sighed again and still hung his head.

"It's the same with me." Suzy sighed too while looking down at her hands, twirling them with one another continuously.

Taemin smirked weakly and said, "JB never shows interest in anyone. If he did, then it would be a big surprise. And not to mention, he's literally the coldest guy in the world."

Suzy felt even down knowing about this, Thinking that if JB is the coldest and shows no interest in anything then it's possible that she will never get JB to like her. So Taemin and Suzy had the same problem, but JB's personality was the most severe.

"If anyone could melt a guy like that then without a doubt, JB has fallen in love. And I know that when he loves, he's gonna keep his lover forever." Taemin smirked to himself feeling kind of proud of how his best friend's love isn't a joke like how the rest of the world would play with love.

"Should I just give up on JB?" Suzy thought to herself out loud that Taemin could hear her. "It's up to you." Taemin continued eating his cereal until he started sipping the milk out of the bowl.

Suzy sat on the dinning chair and thought things through by herself while Taemin just sat by her side listening to the stupid things JB and Jiyeon were still arguing about. Taemin then quietly exploded into a laugh when he heard Nana scolding the heck out of those two for being noisy. It sounded like a mother scolding at their children.

 

.................................................................

 

"He started it! All I did was quietly paint my nails until he showed up and he said my nail paint was hideous!" Jiyeon whined, pointing at JB. JB just rolled his eyes. "Just because of a darn nail paint." He muttered.
"Can you guys stop being childish?" Nana said in an annoyed yet calm manner.
"She's the childish one here." JB narrowed his eyes at Jiyeon. Jiyeon then pouted and started slapping JB on his arm continuously. "Yah! Yah!" JB raised his voice at Jiyeon as she kept trying to annoy JB. It was her intention to irritate JB so she jumped around JB while punching him like a boxer would do. JB would try to avoid her punch but he keeps getting it. And it wasn't painful although Jiyeon expected it to hurt JB but nope. It didn't hurt at all.
They started arguing even more which caused chaos in the house.

"YYYYYYAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Nana screamed loudly but restrained a bit so that the neighbours wouldn't hear her.

JB and Jiyeon were both stunned and they stared at the furiously irritated mother-like Nana like little scared kids.
Nana finally got their attention and in a furious way, Nana placed her other hand on her hip while she used the other hand and pointed at the main door and she shouted, "You two! OUT NOW!!!!" She was so furious and mad to the level that if you push her button one more time, you'll get it BIG TIME! So without talking back, the nervous JB and Jiyeon left the house and it became quiet in the house without them.

 

"Look what you brought us to. Nice going, idiot." Jiyeon rolled her eyes.
JB didn't want to answer. He was tired of arguing with her so he just ignored her.
Jiyeon realized that she was being ignored and she didn't like it. So she decided to annoy JB even more. Why does she like annoying JB? Well! She enjoyed annoying JB because his reactions are fun to see and plus, she just want to mess up with him so that he can feel pissed-off than happy. Pissing someone you don't like off is always fun, right? 

JB just ignored her more and tried his best to bear with the annoying girl who ran around him, punching and poking his arms.
Must...not...yell. JB closed his eyes while feeling Jiyeon poking and punching him. He can also hear Jiyeon laughing while she attacked. 
This kid, really. She finds it fun to bully me eh, tsk. JB murmured.

"Take that, ugly!"
"And this!"
"Then this!"
Jiyeon playfully shouted every time he hit JB.

Must...not...lose it...!!!
JB still tried to ignore her.

 

"Hmph! I give up!" Jiyeon pouted and crossed her arms over her chest.

JB still ignored her. He was facing away from Jiyeon and just stood still, without moving and without making a sound. It was a quiet neighbourhood afterall. So it was indeed quiet.

Jiyeon sulked as she looked at JB not giving her attention.

 

Things were really quiet, and they waited outside for Nana to come out and accept them back in, until they saw a group of guys appearing from a distance walking along the sidewalk approaching their direction. There were four of them in total and they came nearer and nearer. Jiyeon didn't care about it because there's nothing unusual about a group of guys walking down this neighbourhood.

They were near, right in front of Jiyeon and then suddenly..."Woo...check out this fine girl." One of the guys said checking out on Jiyeon as she just rolled her eyes at them and looked somewhere else still having her arms crossed over her chest. "She got attitude too." Another of the guys said. "Hey cutie, can I get your digits? You look fine and I want you on my contact list." Another guy who had his phone in his hand stepped closer towards Jiyeon and the others followed as they piled in closer to Jiyeon. Jiyeon stepped back a bit and he still didn't even look at them. "I'm not giving you my number. Now, go away! I don't wanna see your face." Jiyeon said coldly. The guys really didn't leave Jiyeon alone. They wanted to flirt with her even more.

"Yah. What do you think you're doing?" Everyone looked at JB who stepped in and JB looked at them seriously. "Leave her alone." He said with his deep voice intimidating them. 
"Who are you? Are you this fine girl's boyfriend?" One of them questioned JB mockingly.
"You brats. Didn't you see me standing right over there? You never even questioned if she has a boyfriend or what and you lil brats just asked for her number?" JB frustratingly scolded at them in a restrained way. 
"So you're her boyfriend, huh?" The guy asked walking up to JB.
"Yes, I'm her boyfriend!"
Jiyeon looked at JB stunned about what he said.
      

 

"And NEVER call my girlfriend 'fine girl'! You ain't got moves, bro. You ain't got moves." JB said with a smirk on his face, then he added, "How pathetic of you to think that you're fluttering pretty girls' hearts calling them 'fine girl' all the time." He laughed mockingly at them.
The boys all glared at JB, feeling defeated and they all walked out on them. JB watched the boys disappear into the distance.
JB exhaled through his nose releasing the tension from his chest. "Glad that's over." JB then looked at Jiyeon, "And you...stay out of trouble." He then approached Jiyeon and held her wrist pulling her with him all the way to the house.

JB's hands covered Jiyeon's whole wrist and it felt so warm. The warmth in JB's hand travelled to her cheeks and she could already feel her cheeks tingling.

 

 

Jiyeon's heart started beating...