Taemin and Suzy

The Uptown Romance

Taemin stopped running to catch his breath. He wiped the cold breeze off his philtrum and breathed more air catching his breath. 
He felt so frustrated... He was frustrated that he thinks that he will never have a chance with Jiyeon and at the same time, he was frustrated that he had a fight with his best friend. A fight that they haven't done for years and years. He sat against a post, under the street lights by the sidewalk and ran his hand through his hair and then gripped his fringe. "Jaebum, you bastard! Look what you've made me do!" He vociferated.

Taemin felt a touch on his shoulder, when he looked up he saw Suzy staring back into his eyes worriedly, "Taemin-ah~ why are your eyes watery? Were you crying?" Suzy asked softly. Taemin rubbed his eyes quickly and acted strongly, "I wasn't crying!" Suzy gently put her grocery bags on the floor and sat next to Taemin, putting her arm around his back and hung her fingers on his shoulder. "Tell me what's wrong. I'll help you out. You know I'm always here for you." Suzy said with her sweet voice, comforting Taemin. Taemin really liked the fact that Suzy always stuck up for him. She was always there to make him feel better and she always finds a way to make her friends happy although she doesn't always succeed to put a smile on their faces in some situation, but what Taemin liked about her is that she would always try to make her friends happy. "JB and I had a fight a few minutes ago." Taemin said as he was feeling down when he thought back to what he did to JB. Suzy was surprised to hear what Taemin said, "Why? What were you two fighting about?" Suzy asked.

"I lost control that time, because I was afraid that JB might have feelings for Jiyeon and Jiyeon might probably feel the same way too..." 

"Impossible!" Taemin was cut off by Suzy, "But they always fight. I doubt they'll ever like each other if they always fight." Suzy then added with confidence.

"You must be blind then." Taemin said. Suzy glared at him, after that she pouted . Taemin laughed, "You remind me of a duck when you do that" he pinched Suzy's nose. "Yah!" Suzy slapped Taemin's hand off her nose and she rubbed her nose. "What did you say?" Taemin laughed even more seeing Suzy's adorable angry face. Was she angry? She didn't look angry though. She's just too cute to pull an angry face. Taemin laughed even more and put his arm around Suzy's head and brought it closer to him then he ruffled on her hair, "Yah! My hair!" Suzy yelled under his arm getting her hair messed up because of Taemin ruffling it.

Suzy managed to escape from Taemin's underarm grip and she playfully punched Taemin's arm hard while pouting, "Look what you did to my hair!" She puffed her cheeks as she tried to fix her hair without having a mirror to help her see herself.

Taemin looked at Suzy and laughed at her again, "Now you remind me of a puffer fish with messed up hair."

"Dummy!!! Puffer fishes don't even have hair." Suzy said, hitting his arm again.

"You still look pretty though." Taemin said. Suzy snapped when hearing what Taemin just said to her. She stopped fixing her hair and slowly turned her head to look at Taemin who stared back at her...
   

 

"Suzy...Thank you." Taemin curled a little smile on his lips.

Suzy looked at him confusingly, "For what?"

"For making me feel better whenever I feel down." Taemin said.

The atmosphere then transformed giving them a feeling of being safe and secured. The night breeze blew softly as the sounds of rustling leaves and relaxing air filled the area. The night sky watched over them as Taemin leaned in closer and closer to Suzy and kissed her cheek under the street lights which only shone upon them.

Suzy was surprised by Taemin's unexpected action. She felt her heart beating faster and faster. It was something uncontrollable. "Taemin...Why did you-?" With her wide surprised eyes, Suzy stared into Taemin's eyes.

"If I give up on Jiyeon, at least I let go of a girl who had never shown interest in me at all. And to add up to my many reasons why I had to let go of her that I'll tell you, she's not even friends with me, not like you." Taemin smiled as he looked up to the sky.

Suzy felt a tingling sensation in her cheeks when Taemin said that. "S- so you're letting go of Jiyeon?" She asked in a low voice.

"She was just a crush. It's childish of me to be selfish and over-react about JB and Jiyeon whenever they do something that makes me misunderstand. I feel bad for throwing a punch at JB. And I also feel bad for not trusting him." Taemin laid his forehead on his palms as he felt frustrated to himself.

Suzy was a bit hesitant, but slowly, she lifted her hand and placed it on Taemin's back rubbing it, "You can make it up to him. Go apologize to him. He'll surely forgive you, afterall, he's your best friend."

 


 

Wow...
I never thought that Taemin would give up that easily e.o
I really don't know where this story is going cuz my head is all out of ideas ><
 

But keep calm...
I'll be spending my time thinking about the next chapter!

Hopefully my dry brain will have ideas ASAP

So, see you guys on the next chap like always ^^