On the way

The Uptown Romance

"I was thinking of taking the taxi home!" Jiyeon whined as she tried to keep up with Jaebum who walked in front. "I thought you hate taking public transport." Jaebum replied. Jiyeon frowned, "But I'm tired!" Jaebum stopped and turn around to give Jiyeon a 'you've-got-to-be-kidding-me' glare, "It's only been less than 10 minutes." Jiyeon froze for a minute, thinking that there is still 50 minutes more just to reach school, "I might die from walking this long distance." Jiyeon felt herself draining. Jaebum rolled his eyes and continued on walking. Jiyeon followed him while she looked at the ground, feeling drained out.

 

 

 

Meanwhile,

"Still looking for that guy, huh?" Suzy asked when Nana looked at her necklace she's been hiding underneath her top which she wears wherever she goes. Nana sighed and let out a weak smile, "Yeah"

"Tell me about it" Suzy asked Nana as she swing her hands back and forth.

"I've told you many times already" Nana facepalmed. "But I still wanna hear it." Suzy wrinkled her chin.

Nana let out a sigh, "Well...here goes...we've been friends since we were kids, well actually, bestfriends. We play a lot, laugh a lot, and he was the dorkiest and cutest kid alive back then, but I don't know now since we haven't seen each other for years..." Nana paused and a smile started forming on her lips, "...We were around 12 that time and that's when he admitted that he had a crush on me, and then..." "And then, and then?" Suzy interrupted as she squealed. "And then that's when we had to part ways because my parents had a job here." "Aww, that's sad." Suzy interrupted again. Nana lifted the necklace to see it and she smiled, "Before we parted ways, he got me this unique friendship necklace...he had the exact same one, too. He said I should wear it everyday so that I will never forget him."

Suzy patted Nana's back and in a comforting tone of her voice, she said, "You'll see him someday." Nana just smiled, "Thanks, Suzy"

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It has been 20 minutes, Jaebum and Jiyeon still continued their journey home.

Jiyeon couldn't catch up to Jaebum's pace any longer.

 

"Yah! Slow down." Jiyeon said between her breaths. She was so tired that she couldn't walk any more further. "Y-yah...I can't- I can't do this anymore" Jiyeon walked slowly, trying to catch up with Jaebum. Jaebum looked back and saw Jiyeon a few feet away from him. The moment Jiyeon caught up to Jaebum, he saw the tired girl and felt guilty knowing the fact that she's a girl and he's being too harsh on her, and in addition, she just came from the hospital. The reason why she fainted earlier at school during the volleyball game was because she isn't too athletic enough that she wasn't used to being that exhausted. He was being too hard on her and it made him felt guilty about himself.

 

Jaebum bent down on the ground, facing his back to Jiyeon. Jiyeon knew what Jaebum was doing but she was still confused and frozen in place. "What are you waiting for? I don't have all day!" Jaebum said grumpily. Jiyeon hesitantly climbed on Jaebum's back and he lifted Jiyeon up, giving her a piggyback ride.

 

 

 

At first, her arms were awkwardly placed around Jaebum's neck that it kind of put on some weight on his shoulders. Jaebum felt the weight on his shoulders it kind of made him feel uncomfortable that he had to lift Jiyeon higher. The moment he pushed Jiyeon up higher on his back it made her hold on to Jaebum, embracing the area around his neck comfortably.

 

For some reason, Jiyeon felt her cheeks burning.

She held on to Jaebum comfortably as Jaebum walked along the roads leading to school.

She held on to him and she could smell the nice scent on Jaebum as her face was so close to his head.

 

I wonder what shampoo he uses. Jiyeon thought to herself as the nice scent from Jaebum's hair kept hitting her nose.

 

After 10 minutes of walking...

"That's it. I'm tired," Jaebum bent his knees a bit and let Jiyeon hop off his back. There were shops on the side of the streets and Jaebum decided to buy some snacks. He digged for his wallet and when he opened it, he realized that he brought just a few amount of money that he could only buy something to satisy one person.

 

Jiyeon sat on the bench a few steps away from the shop and waited. A few seconds had passed when suddenly a bottle of water and a packet with Gye-ran-ppang (Egg Bread) in it landed next to her. She saw it and looked up to see Jaebum who looked back at her with his usual serious face. Their eye contact lasted for 5 seconds and that's when Jaebum made his way leaving Jiyeon. He knew that she'll follow so he didn't bother on calling her. Jiyeon started wondering about why did Jaebum gave her the snacks. She looked up at Jaebum who didn't have anything in his hands. Not even an empty water bottle. She then looked at the bottle of water and the packet of Egg Bread sitting on the bench next to her. A smile slowly formed on her lips, and she quickly took it and quickly ran after Jaebum.

 

 

 

She chugged on the bottle of water but she made sure that there's still half of the water left in the bottle. She then happily nibbled on an Egg Bread.

 

She remembered all the kindness Jaebum did to her, and thinking that Jaebum got these snacks just for herself while he had nothing. She felt thankful.

She hesitated, but then later on she gathered enough courage for a chance to share the bread and water to Jaebum.
"Y-Yah..." 

Jaebum turned to look back at Jiyeon who reached out her arms to him with the water and packet of Egg Bread in her hands. "It's not like I care, but this is your money and-...and it's not fair if you have nothing while I have them all considering the fact that you bought these with your own money." Jiyeon's voice faded.

Jaebum looked at Jiyeon, puzzled by her actions for he thinks it's strange than how she usually acts towards him. Jiyeon embarrassingly waited for a response, but it lasted for a few minutes until Jiyeon pulled her arms back and awkwardly looked down, "Fine! If you don't want it, it's all mine then!" She felt embarrassed that Jaebum rejected her kind offer. 

Jaebum felt regretful but he just looked away and continued their journey.

 


 

Alright...

This chapter wasn't good enough, I guess. I just typed like...

...but I still hope you enjoyed it at least. :)

I'll be working on my next chapter after I publish this...

So please stay updated! ^^

Oh and btw,
I wanna thank everyone who subscribed to me and who also read and upvoted my fanfic...
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! <3



 

Fact Time!

Gyeranppang – Korean Egg Bread
Egg bread, or egg muffins, is old-fashioned street food in Korea. It is especially popular in the cold winter. They are sweet with a slightly salty whole egg inside. They taste very delicious.