In the car with a weirdo

The Uptown Romance

:"Arghh!!! It's been 30mins and there isn't yet a passer-by!" JB ran his hand through his hair frustratingly as he look at his wristwatch and continued watching the road. Jiyeon just watched JB looking annoyed from inside the car and shrugged as she look at her nails. "I've never seen this side of JB before." She peeked at JB again with her hand in front of her and watched him losing patience. 

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz~~~~~~~

"W-what's that!?" Jiyeon looked around the car, looking for what's making that buzzing noise.

A few seconds later, JB heard Jiyeon screaming and running away from the car, towards him. 

"Yah! What's wrong with you?" JB looked at Jiyeon who panted a bit as she watched the car. "There was a wasp in your car!" Jiyeon watched the wasp fly away and sighed in relief, until they heard a car pass by behind them. JB quickly spun around and saw the car going ahead of them then tried chasing the car a bit as he waves his arms in the air, hoping to get the drivers attention, "Hey!!! Wait!!!" The car sped off to the distance. JB froze and tried to calm himself as he walked back to where Jiyeon was. "Well that was a waste." Jiyeon said as she looked at the frustrated JB walking passed her then JB turn around to glare at her. "If it weren't for you to come out screaming because of a wasp then I wouldn't have missed that passer-by!" JB stood at the edge of the road and watched for a car. Jiyeon glared at the man who stood by the road, looking away from her direction, "Well excuse you! Who said I was screaming for your help? You shouldn't have bothered looking at me when I screamed cuz hello~~~ I thought you don't care about me." JB slowly turned his head to look at Jiyeon and squinted his eyes at her, "Ha! And what if it was something really bad that it could affect me too? So I had to look!" JB looked back at the road and tried to calm himself down. Jiyeon just kept quiet and frowned at him then she went back to the car and sat inside, waiting for JB to find a car.

15mins had passed and JB managed to find someone who can help them. JB went back to his car and when he opened the door to where Jiyeon is, he saw the girl, soundly asleep on her seat. JB froze and watched Jiyeon for a while then he hesitantly shook Jiyeon by her shoulder gently as he called her name to wake her up, "Jiyeon~ Jiyeon~~~ wakey wakey~~~~~~~~ .......WAKE UP, WOMAN!" JB raised his voice a bit causing Jiyeon to suddenly wake up. As soon as she opened her eyes, the first thing she noticed was JB looking at her with his hand on her shoulder then she gritted her teeth and hit JB by his arm, "Jeez, you scared me!" Jiyeon then slapped his hand away from her shoulder then glared at JB, "What do you want now?!" 

"You know what? I'l just leave you here!" JB closed the door. Jiyeon didn't know what's going on so she followed JB with her eyes until she saw him getting in the other car. Jiyeon watched JB opening the other car's door and her eyes widened, "Yah! Wait!" Jiyeon opened the door and ran towards JB, "Hey! Are you trying to leave me behind, you cruel bastard!" Jiyeon hit on JB's arm frustratingly. JB was shocked to see Jiyeon acting that way towards him so he kept covering himself with his arms as Jiyeon beat on him, "Relax, Jiyeon. Relax! I was just luring you here. Of course I wouldn't leave you although I wish I could, but I just can't!" 
Jiyeon stopped hitting him and she looked up at JB and sighed deeply, trying to calm herself, "You're really annoying!" 

JB scratched his head as he looked at Jiyeon, then he pointed at a rope tied to the back of the car and on the other end, it's being tied to JB's car, "I was planning to let you ride in my car alone." JB flashed a mischivious grin at Jiyeon. Jiyeon then slapped JB's arm as she gritted her teeth, "It's dangerous and it's illegal, stupid!" Jiyeon scoffed and entered the other car. JB frowned and followed Jiyeon in the car. As soon as JB entered the car and closed the door, he turned his head to look at Jiyeon and noticed her frowning at him, "What?" JB asked, looking confusedly at the girl who had a frown on her face. "Why do you have to sit next to me?!" Jiyeon responded as she glared at JB. "This isn't our car! So could you just keep our Tom & Jerry business aside while we are in here!" JB replied, glaring back at Jiyeon. Jiyeon gave out an annoyed look and looked away from JB and watched the view out the window.

It's been around 15mins on the road and both JB and Jiyeon were just staring out at the windows on their sides, waiting to spot any city buildings. 
"We'll be picking someone up here. I hope you don't mind giving space to two men, lad." The driver said to JB as they stopped their car by a mini shop in the middle of nowhere. JB looked at the driver with a confused look for a while until 2 other men opened the door to JB's side which drew JB and Jiyeon's attention. "Give them space, boy" The old man driver said. JB quickly moved closer to Jiyeon as both Jiyeon and JB watched the two men enter the car. "Granddad, who are these people?" The younger male asked the driver. "They're just acquaintances who needed my help, sonny." The driver answered then the younger male nodded and looked at both JB and Jiyeon. "It's nice to meet you" he greeted them as he slowly turned his attention to the pretty girl who sat next to JB. Jiyeon just stared at him, not giving any interest to greet back so she sat back and looked forward as JB looked at the male and knew exactly who he had his attention to. But he shrugged it off and tried to be polite as he possibly can, "It's nice to meet you too" JB responded and just sat back on the seat as well, looking forward at the windshield, watching the road"
The male then slightly leaned forward to look at Jiyeon whom sat next to JB. He stared at her from head to her knees. Jiyeon noticed from the corner of her eyes that she was being watched by the male, so she pushed herself back against the seat trying to get rid of his uncomfortable stare.

"Nice lady you got there, mate." The male smirked as he kept his eyes on Jiyeon. "Is she your sister?" 
JB just sat quietly on his seat, unsure if he should say something or not, so the man just smirked, having a hint that both JB and Jiyeon aren't couples or anything.

Jiyeon heard everything and she started feeling very uneasy especially when she's the only girl in the car with 5 other males. She sat quietly, hoping that they'll arrive at the place where they should be dropped off.

JB kept quiet just so there wouldn't be any trouble in the car. He tried waiting patiently to arrive at their destination but the man kept looking over at Jiyeon, just right passed JB who was the middle man. JB then moved closer to Jiyeon and puts an arm around her shoulders which gave Jiyeon a small surprise but she just let him do it because she trusted JB and she felt that he was trying to protect her. JB then slightly faced his back at the guy so he could cover Jiyeon from his stare. 

The man's smirk turned into a cold frown and so he pulled JB's shoulder back so JB would sit back properly, "It's not safe to sit like that, mate." JB ignored him and they shared glares. "This is my granddad's car and I can let him drop you off anywhere without you reaching your exact destination!" JB looked at him, narrowing his eyes. "Oh really? So tell me... Why exactly are you pissed right now? What wrongs did I do?" The man stared at JB, trying to resist his anger. He sat silently, just staring at JB as he gritted his teeth in anger. JB then added, "As far as I know, I was just trying to block my girl from your constant staring." Jiyeon heard everything and looked at JB who faced away from her. She felt safe once again with JB by her side and for once, it made her feel at ease to be with him. The man and JB shared death glares until the car stopped by a gas station. JB felt the car stopped and so he looked out the window and spotted an automobile car shop. "Sir, thank you so much for your help but we'll stop here." JB said to the driver as he motioned for Jiyeon to open the car and get off. "Are you sure you? The city is not too far from here" The driver said. "That's okay. We'll just get our car fixed by the garage over there and we'll drive back home ourselves." JB replied. "If you say so. Take care, sonny" The driver said. JB bowed his head and went out of the car with Jiyeon. JB looked back at the car to close the door and saw the man inside who looked pissed. He smirks at the man and shuts the door on him til JB sees his own reflection on the car's lightly tinted windows. 

After they detached JB's car from theirs in the garage, the car drove off, leaving JB and Jiyeon behind. "That guy..... what an " JB murmured while Jiyeon heard what he said. She nods weakly as she remembered what happened earlier which gave her shivers. 

It's been 3 minutes waiting to know what problems their car had until the guy who works in the repair shop came and told them the problem. 
"I'm afraid that it will take around 24hours to get this done." The guy said. JB and Jiyeon was taken aback from hearing the news. "T-then where-...are we gonna stay-... to wait-...that-....... long?" Jiyeon's voice faded. The guy pointed at a small building across the road, "There's a motel over there. It only has one room and it costs less. It's always full since a lot of tired motorists would stop by and rest in the motels for a while so if you're lucky then there would be just one room available. I'm sure you guys don't mind since I'm guessing that you guys are-...a couple?" 

JB and Jiyeon's eyes widen as they glanced at each other "Sleep together in a m-motel???" 

The man awkwardly stared at them and rubbed the back of his neck, "Um, okay, I'm guessing you guys are not a couple" he murmured awkwardly. "I'll be going now. I have some work to do. I'll meet you guys the next day, and we'll be sure your car gets fixed by tomorrow!" The man said after the boss called him so he quickly went into the workshop, leaving the two behind.

"A motel.... This is not what I had in mind." JB looked down at the ground, massaging his temples. Jiyeon just sat there, staring at the motel, feeling awkward about their current situation. "Out of all people, why you...." she murmured while emitting a sigh of frustration.