Drunk Jaebum

The Uptown Romance

Jaebum took his hoodie off and tried his best to help Jiyeon put it on since he felt dizzy from the alcohol. After that, he held onto Jiyeon's wrist and so they ran off together out of the building. 

By the time they made it out and into a nearby park with not much people around. Jaebum bolted to a little bush in a corner and started throwing up.

When he's done, he dragged himself towards a bench behind the shrubs while running the back of his wrist across his lips. He then slams himself onto the bench, giving himself some time to rest while his head still spins like crazy from the alcohol.

Jiyeon stared at the vulnarable young man who just lay there, catching his breath. She could feel her tears swelling up to the edges of her eyes and so she slowly approaches Jaebum, dropped down to her knees in front of him, then she lays her forehead down to his chest. "Th-thank you...f-for saving me." she cried under her breath.

It was a moment of silence. Until Jiyeon felt a hand gently placed on her head. "You don't... deserve..... to be... treated like that..." Jiyeon turns her head to look at his face. Jaebum then emits a soft, drunk groan. "Ughhh I'm so... dizzyyyy. That sure is... some strong... driiiink. Running made it...worse for me ugh." His voice fading into a whisper in every word he say. 

What Jiyeon is witnessing is indeed rare. The emotions felt in his voice and the details he speaks of compared to his usual nonchalant self. A faint smile drew from her lips while she stares at him.

Is it true that drunk people are the most honest? Do their real desire and intentions show at this state?

"Jiyeon-ah..." 

Jiyeon's eyes widened at the way he called her name. She quietly stares at him. 

"J-Jiyeon-n...ah..." 

He mutters out her name once again with his gentle voice. And a small smile slowly forms on the corner of his lips. Jiyeon watches as his hand slowly reaches for her wrist. His fingers curled around it and that's when he gently pulls Jiyeon. 

Jiyeon was confused but she still gave in, allowing him to pull her as she watches to see what would happen next.

He pulled her hand over his shoulder and at a slow pace, she felt his arms gently embracing her back. Slowly allowing her to draw closer until she's pressed up on his chest. 

"I...I don't know why... but I... want to hug you... all of a sudden." Jaebum mumbled beneath his breath that you could almost barely hear him. But Jiyeon was close enough to hear him loud and clear. 

 

"You're being so weird right now." Jiyeon emits a soft chuckle. "You're drunk. You'll say things you might regret, you drunk weirdo." 

 

"I'm not druuunnnkkk. You areeee." Jaebum looks down at her until their eyes meet. He smiles until his eyes smiles along with him. It made her blush. "Seeee? You're the drunk oneeee. Your face is all red." 

 

"You idiot!" Jiyeon quickly got up and hits on his chest. 

 

"Ahahawwwww oww.." Jaebum whines as he rubbed on his chest after Jiyeon gave it a good smack. "What was that forrrr.." 

 

Jiyeon looked at the time on her phone. It's almost 12 midnight. She looks down at him who had his eyes closed and slowly moving around, whining and groaning from his headache. "It's getting really late now and there's still school tomorrow. I should take you back to your home." Jiyeon then makes a kakao phone call to her chauffeur and he immediately answers. She orders him to come pick her up, begging not to tell her parents anything then she sends him her location. She drops the call and starts tugging on Jaebum's arm to get up. "Jaebum... get up. I have to take you home." 

 

Jaebum just stayed planted on the bench. "You're too heavy." Jiyeon sighs and crouches down in front of the bench, waiting for her chauffeur to arrive. 

 

Not long went by, 

her chauffeur finally arrives. 

Jiyeon waves him over and so he comes walking over. 

 

"Inseong, can you help me carry him into the car?" 

 

"M-miss Jiyeon... is this boy drunk?" 

 

Her chauffeur then gave her a look of suspicion. Jiyeon noticed it then she quickly denies. "N-no! I didn't drink or anything."

 

"But did anything happen to you, Miss Jiyeon!?" 

 

Jiyeon looks down to the ground while rubbing her arm. "No... nothing." 

 

Inseong stares at her worriedly. He could tell she was lying after all, he spent so many years with Jiyeon even since she was born. "I knew I shouldn't trust that Minho."

 

Jiyeon bit nervously on her lip. 

 

Inseong then carefully helped Jaebum up on his feet who started fighting back, "h-hey don't touch me, old man!"

"Old man...."

"Who are you calling old man!? I'm 51 years old! 51! That can't be considered old yet!" Inseong whines. 

Jaebum just looked at Inseong with his dead drunk face, "That's weird... You look...hicc.. old... I'm surprise you don't...hicc... have white...hicc...hairs growing yet like Santa Clause." he started fiddling with his hair.

"You little son of a rascal. Listen here, you... Let me show you how an old man does his job." Inseong opens the car's door and threw him in. 

Jiyeon gasps, "Inseong!" she looked at Jaebum in the car who slowly picks himself up to lay properly on the car seat while he whines groggily, "What a mean old man you are. Come here. I will...hicc.. show you a..hicc.. piece of me!" Jaebum tries to sit up, dragging the weight of his heavy dizzy head along with his body. 

"Jaebum, no. Stay inside!" Jiyeon gets in the car to sit with him and held him down in the car. 

Inseong then closes the door for them before proceeding to his seat to drive them off to Jaebum's home. 

"Wait I'm not done with you yet!" Jaebum tried reaching for Inseong who sat in front. 

'Hey! Sit still!" Jiyeon kept pulling Jaebum back but he kept trying to reach for Inseong. 

She then had enough so she pulled him back hard to the seat. He just sat there with his head laying back as he lets out another groggy groan before things became silent again. The only thing you could hear was his heavy breathing. 

Inseong took a few glances at them through the rearview mirror to check if everything is ok before focusing on the road again. "Miss Jiyeon... I think there is a bit of explaining you need to do. Did this boy hurt you? And where is Minho? How come he isn't the one to take you home? Instead, you're with this young man."

"All I can say is that throughout the entire time I'm with this boy.... he's always the one whose got my back. If not Suzy and Jinah." Jiyeon replied. 

Suddenly she felt a light weight on her. 

Jaebum fell asleep on her shoulder.

 

 

 

I don't know why do I keep trying to avoid you.
The longer this keeps going on, the less sense it is starting to make. 
You drive me mad and I drive you just as insane.
You avoid me and I just try to do the same.
But it no longer makes any sense for us to act like this anymore.
Maybe throughout this entire time I've been running. 

I can't even be honest with myself.
But I think it is time that I face the truth....

 

Jiyeon slowly ran her fingers down Jaebum's wrist, finding her way into his hand, and intertwining her fingers with his.

I don't think I'd want to lose you to anyone else.

 


 

Aye...
​​​​​​

 

Sorry for the update delay.
It may be quarantine but I'm still busy with important things.
Hope it isn't a bother and I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter.

Take care, guys. It's a crazy world out there nowadays.
Stay healthy, keep clean and sanitize, and of course, maintain social distancing.