Conflict

The Uptown Romance

"Why aren't you saying anything, Jaebum? Why?" Distraught can be heard in Suzy's trembling voice as she tried to stop the lump that ached in . "Is it hard for you to admit that you already have feelings for Jiyeon?" 

"I don't have feelings for her." JB said bluntly.

 

When Jiyeon heard what JB said, she left and went to her room and closed the door.

 

"Then?" Suzy said with her trembling voice. "I just don't have interest in anyone, okay?! I'm really sorry, Suzy. But please, I don't want to argue with you anymore." JB replied.

Suzy nodded her head while trying to stop herself from crying. She held in her tears and looked at JB, "I- I understand." She hung her head low but before setting foot out the room, she turned around slowly and looked at JB, "Oh and I forgot to tell you that Taemin went home already by himself" Suzy turned around to the door's direction and left JB's room and headed to her personal room.

JB stood in the center of the room, alone and thought about how bad he felt about the current situation he's in. He had a conflict with both Taemin and Suzy, and he wasn't sure about what to do anymore. He approached the door and slowly, he closed it and went out to the balcony for fresh air.

 

Meanwhile,
Nana still waited for the others to come, but she was the only one on the dinning table. "Where could they be?" Nana wondered to herself. She stood from her chair and headed upstairs to hers and Jiyeon's room. She opened the door and found Jiyeon sitting on her bed while she hugged her knees. "Are you alright? You don't look happy" Nana closed the door behind her and approached Jiyeon who seems to look upset about something. When Nana took her seat next to Jiyeon on her bed, Jiyeon let out a sigh and looked at Nana, "I don't think I'm supposed to feel this way but I somehow feel upset about something I never thought I would be upset about." 

"What are you upset about though?" Nana asked.

"I don't know what exactly I'm upset about, but when Jaebum-" 

"JB?! Again with him?!" Nana cut Jiyeon off. Jiyeon looked into Nana's eyes, her eyes were filled with uncertainness. Nana could see the confusion in her eyes. "Bumping into those two was the biggest mistake. And I hope I'll never commit another mistake again with them, especially with that Jaebum." Jiyeon's voice trailed off when mentioning JB's name. "What do you mean?" Nana said. She looked at the girl who stared down at her hands, and she waited with angst for Jiyeon to answer. 

"A-ani!" Jiyeon lifted her head and slightly shook it, then she continued, "I guess I was just thinking too much about what happened earlier between me and those guys and how Jaebum protected m-....me...." Jiyeon's voice trailed off once again. She could feel her heart beat when recalling back to the moment when JB stood up for her and chased the neighborhood kids away who were bothering Jiyeon and how he actually held Jiyeon and dragged her with him. "You know what? I'm getting tired. I'll go to sleep first, ok?" Before Nana could say something, Jiyeon quickly tucked herself to bed and greeted her a good night, "Good night, Nana!"

"Yah! Tell me! Why are you not telling me anything?! Yah!" Nana shook Jiyeon by her legs but Jiyeon just ignored her. Nana ran her hand through her hair in frustration and stood up, then she headed out the door to Suzy's room.

 

"Suzy-ah~" Nana knocked on Suzy's door, but no one answered. So she slowly turned the door knob and opened the door. She found Suzy in her bed. She also heard soft sniffles from the girl who faced away, having her back faced at Nana.

"Suzy~ Mind if I come in?" Nana asked in a soft voice. Suzy still didn't answer, so she tip-toed towards Suzy and peeked over her to see her face. Suzy quickly pulled her blanket over her head and yelled, "I didn't say you can come in! Go away!" 

Nana was shocked at how her best friend yelled at her. So she took one step backwards and listened to the girl sniffling, "Suzy...You know I'm here for you. What's wrong?" Nana asked.

"I wanna be alone!" Suzy yelled back under her blanket.

Nana slowly approached Suzy and sat down on her bed. She gently tried to pull the blanket and luckily, Suzy didn't bother pulling it back up again, revealing a puffy-eyed girl, sniffing and wiping off little tears from the corners of her eyes. "Suzy...I'm your best friend. Both you and Jiyeon are not in a good state at the moment and I'm here, trying to be a best friend like always. So please don't tell me to go away and tell me what's wrong." Nana begged worryingly.

Suzy slowly sat up from her bed. She took a deep breath and released, trying to stop her sniff. "Do you have any idea how it feels like to be rejected?" Upon hearing the word 'rejected', Nana knew exactly what she's upset about. So she moved closer to Suzy and pulled her head in for a hug while rubbing her back, "So, you told JB?" Nana could feel Suzy nodding. Nana sighed, "I told you to stay away from him." Suzy then slowly pulled away from the hug and looked at Nana in the eye, "I understand why you don't like JB, but liking someone can't be helped. If I suddenly like him, then I like him. I can't forcefully stop my feelings."

"Why do you even like that guy?!" Nana involuntarily scolded. 

"Because out of all the boys, he treats me differently!" Suzy scolded back. Nana gave her a confused look. Then Suzy continued, "I got used to all the attention every guy at school would give me. I got sick of all the confessions I would get even if they were from people I don't know! Everything is just becoming normal and not too impressing anymore, not until I met him! I never thought I'd like him but he showed me that not all boys are the same. Not all boys likes the pretty girls. He's...he's just...different! Any girl who has a guy like him will be lucky! And I want to be lucky! I don't want to be adored just because of my looks!" 

"Does that even make you feel any lucky!? And how would you even know he doesn't care much about pretty girls?" Nana then scolded back all of a sudden. Suzy looked at Nana, "I've been as nice as I possibly can be to him. But no matter how pretty I am and how much I give him attention, he didn't care much about it. He doesn't feel any good being chased around by a girl like me. It gets me thinking that looks isn't something to melt his cold heart."

"See? He doesn't give you back the attention you need! Wake up, Suzy! Can't you see?! He rejected you! He doesn't like you! Now stop hoping!" Nana said, gesturing her hands as she speaks.

"You said you'll be a bestfriend, a bestfriend who will help me with my problems and make me feel better. But look what you're doing! You're only making me lose hope for something I wanna chase after!" Tears started falling down on Suzy's cheeks as she vented out. Nana felt guilty, but she didn't want her bestfriend to be hurt, not with someone who obviously shows no interest in her, "Look, Suzy. I'm sorry but I really don't think that he's the one for you." 

"Oh so you want him for yourself, do you?" Suzy mocked between her shaking, miserable voice. "Don't be ridiculous, Suzy." Nana glowered. Suzy forced out a soft chuckle and tapped her chin while staring off into space, striking a thinking pose when she suddenly snapped and looked at Nana, "Then it must be Jiyeon! JB probably has feelings for Jiyeon!" Suzy forced out a fake chuckle again. Nana rolled her eyes and looked at her, "Stop acting like this because of a guy who don't like you back. And I'm very sure JB doesn't have feelings for Jiyeon either! They always fight!" 

"That's what I want to believe!" Suzy said. "Then believe it! Believe that they will never happen!" Nana replied back.

"But it's hard to! Just thinking about it makes me hate Jiyeon even more!" Suzy didn't realize what she spat out, but in her shock, she knew that she can't take words back since she already blurted it out.

"E-even more? Does that mean you've been hating her for so long?" Nana choked her words. She was upset about how the girls' friendship is becoming messed up all because of one guy whom she commonly knows him as an .

Suzy nodded. But this time, she didn't care about what she said. She admits what she wanted to finally admit.

"For how long have you hated her?" Nana said in a soft, upset voice.

"Since the time I saw JB hug Jiyeon." Suzy replied, as she raised her chin. She didn't care anymore of what she says.

 

 

"Girls! Can you like, cut it out already?!!" Jiyeon suddenly entered the room. "I can hear almost your whole conversation."

Suzy smirked as she glared at Jiyeon, "I bet you didn't hear one thing that I've always wanted to tell you." Jiyeon gave her a confused look, "What are you talking about?"

Suzy got off her bed and walked towards Jiyeon. Nana and Jiyeon just watched Suzy confusingly, waiting to see what she'll do. And before they knew it, Suzy slapped Jiyeon. Jiyeon placed her hand on her cheek and she was in shock. She looked at Suzy as tears started forming in her eyes. Suzy smirked evily as she lifted her chin up at Jiyeon and said, "You know what? I hate you."

Tears fell from Jiyeon's eyes. She ran out off the Suzy's room and into her room she went and started packing her bags.

 


 

I don't think the war has started YET, but this is now where the friendship between Suzy and Jiyeon has now broken.
Awww man~~~



 

Anyway! I hope you guys like this chapter. I am so sorry for late updates btw ;; 
I'll try my best to keep updating ASAP!

So it's bye for now, guys! ^^