Stuck with you for one night

The Uptown Romance

JB looked down from the balcony which is from his room. The balcony from his room had the front house's view. "I think I've caused enough trouble. Should I leave this place? I don't think I'll stand seeing them the next morning." JB thought to himself. Before he went in the room to pack his bags he then saw Jiyeon carrying her bags with her and she was heading to the gate. JB was confused, but he didn't let that bother him for now. So he went in the room and packed his bags but left Taemin's. He didn't bother taking it for him.

He sneaked out his room with his backpack, hoping to not get caught. As he peeked through the small space through the slightly opened door to Suzy's room, he could see Suzy and Nana inside, not even bothering to chase after Jiyeon who is walking alone out in the dark by herself.

JB suddenly became concerned so he quickly ran downstairs to the main gate and got in his car then drove off to look for Jiyeon. 

After a while of driving along the litted street, he finally saw Jiyeon coming into view down the neighborhood road not too far from the house. He drove closer and pulled over next to her. Jiyeon cautiously looked at the car's window trying to see through it. So JB rolled down the window revealing himself, "Yah. Where are you going?" For a minute, Jiyeon felt relieved that it was JB. She almost thought she was gonna face something dangerous. So she sighed in relief. 

JB noticed that Jiyeon came from crying but he was hesitant enough to ask about why was she crying. "Do you need a ride home?" JB asked.

Jiyeon looked down the road and it would really be a bad idea walking alone, especially when her house is a bit far. But then at the same time, she thought about how uncomfortable it would be to be sitting with JB alone in a car.

"You know what? I think I'll just walk home by myself." Jiyeon said and continued walking. She regret it a little and now she hoped for JB to insist because she suddenly felt nervous just thinking about walking alone at night.

"Don't be ridiculous. I know you're scared, now get in!" JB said, while keeping up to her pace. 

Suddenly, the lightning striked and the thunder roared, it started raining. Jiyeon squealed and ran towards JB's car. "Yah! Open the door. Quickly!" JB unlocked the door and Jiyeon quickly entered the car and shut the door. 

Jiyeon panted as she tried to calm herself down, while JB stared at Jiyeon, stunned at how she reacted. When Jiyeon looked at JB, JB then suddenly snorted into a quiet laugh and looked in front, starting the car's engine. Jiyeon bit her bottom lip as she lifted her philtrum showing her upper teeth and glared at JB. 

"Why?" JB asked with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Take that smirk off your face. It's so disturbing!" Jiyeon rolled her eyes and sat back on her seat with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Is it wrong to smirk?" JB asked.

"It's wrong for you to smirk or smile!" Jiyeon replied with a teasy-mocky voice.

JB scoffed, "Same goes with you!" 

"Oh yeah?!!" 

"Yeah!!!"

Jiyeon rolled her eyes while emitting a sigh, "I don't have the mood or energy to argue with you so can you please just take me home?!" 

"Whatever! Now keep quiet before we get into an accident. Your voice is so irritating that it makes me lose concentration." JB said, narrowing his eyes on the road while rubbing his ear with his other hand.. Jiyeon sat back and sulked, watching the road.

 

After a few miles of driving, the car suddenly broke down in the middle of a place where there weren't much cars passing by. "What?! Are you kidding me?!" JB exclaimed as he hit the stirring wheel in frustration.

"What's wrong?" Jiyeon asked nervously as she scanned the area that they're in.

"The car broke down. Dammit!" JB exclaimed while he tried to think of ways to fix the problem.

"Uh..." Jiyeon looked around and in a nervous voice she asked, "...can you fix it?"

"If only I could check the engine to see what's the problem!"

"Then go check it!" 

"Can't you see it's raining hard? And plus, it's dark outside! I won't be able to see anything!" JB replied frustratingly. He leaned back on his seat and sighed deeply.

"I don't wanna be here." Jiyeon said in a soft voice as she looked outside. It looks dark and scary that it felt like something was gonna pop out on the window. Jiyeon covered her face with her hands trying not too think too much about something scary.
Suddenly, a loud thunder exploded in the sky that it startled Jiyeon causing her to scream shortly. 

"Y-yah...It's just a thunder." JB said while trying to see Jiyeon through the dark.

The thunder exploded loudly again causing Jiyeon to shriek once again. "Calm down! You might break my eardrums!" JB said. Jiyeon gave JB a weak glare without saying anything. She covered her ears as she looked out the car's windshield hoping the rain would stop. 
JB pulled out his phone and to his disappointment he shoved it back in his pocket. "Why don't you call someone to come over and get us out of here?!" Jiyeon whined. "I was gonna do that but there's no signal" JB replied breathing deeply in frustration.

When another thunder's loud roar filled the sky again, vibrating the car, Jiyeon involuntarily reached out to JB, pulled him against her and buried her face on his arm. JB almost stumbled by her due to Jiyeon suddenly pulling him. He sat still as he felt Jiyeon gripping onto him. The lightning then filled the area flashing its light allowing them to see their surroundings for a second and it later became dark again. 

JB pulled his arm away and tried to look at Jiyeon through the dark. "Try to avoid doing that" JB said. He expected Jiyeon to say something back but then she didn't...

"Jiyeon..." JB called out..

"Ne..." Jiyeon responded. She was really scared and upset that JB can hear it in her voice..

JB suddenly remembered that he kept a flashlight in his glove compartment. He then reached out to Jiyeon's side for the glove compartment and took out his flashlight. He leaned back to his seat and looked out the window whilst holding the door's lock, ready to go out under the horrendous shower of rain. He waited for an opportunity to go out just to check the engine.

"What are you gonna do?" Jiyeon suddenly asked before JB could take action. "I'm gonna check the engine for a problem and hopefully fix it." JB said, and as he was about to go out, Jiyeon quickly grabbed him by his shirt, "D-don't leave me!"

"I'm only gonna be outside." JB replied, looking back at her.

"I said don't leave me" Jiyeon said, pulling more onto JB's shirt.

JB looked back at Jiyeon and narrowed his eyes at her, "Why not?"

"Just don't." Jiyeon said.

"Why? Are you scared?" JB teased.

"N-no! I'm not!" Jiyeon scoffed.

"Well then, stay here and I'll go check the engine" JB was about to open the door but then Jiyeon grabbed JB's arm, "Fine! I admit that I'm scared! Now can you just stay in here?"

"What would you do if I don't stay in here?" JB said as he raised an eyebrow.

"I'm- I'm gonna kill you!" Jiyeon said, trying to threaten him, but it wasn't convincing enough to JB. So he laughed and looked at Jiyeon through the dark, "If you're gonna kill me then I'm going out of here. I'll leave you alone in the dark." Jiyeon pulled JB even more, "Yah! I was just kidding! Don't leave me, pabo!" 

"Then how are we going to get home?" JB asked, gently ing Jiyeon's grip away from his arm. 

"We can just stay here for the night and wait til morning"

"Ha! Stay here with you? I don't think so."

"At least try to ignore each other?" Jiyeon rolled her eyes.

"Can things get any worse!?" JB muttered out loudly to himself. "I was invited to Suzy's slumber party. Had to live under the same roof with you girls for supposedly two executive nights and as I was planning for the escape, I now have to stay in a car with you?!" JB added.

"Well excuse you, if it weren't for you to insist, then I shouldn't have rode this car with you in the first place!" Jiyeon yelled back at JB. JB scoffed, "If I weren't mistaken, you're the one who ran to my car when it started pouring outside!" Jiyeon rolled her eyes again, "Either ways, you still insisted anyway! So thanks for the ride JB! I know we don't get along well but can't you agree for once? Look at the situation we're in right now!" 

"I would agree! But this isn't our only option left. We still have another one! Now let me go and check the engine if you will excuse me!" Without hesitation, JB quickly unlocked the door and got off the car, leaving Jiyeon inside. The rain poured all over him and he soon got soaked by the showering rain. He flashed his flashlight as he checked the engine.

Jiyeon waited inside the car, feeling scared. So she waited and waited for JB to quickly and hopefully fix things. JB then opened the door and went in the car soaking wet. 

"Now look at yourself. You managed to soak your own car along with you." Jiyeon mocked.

"Well at least I was trying to do something so that we could get back home!" JB ran his hand through his hair several times to brush the water off.

"And so? You fixed anything?" Jiyeon asked, but JB didn't answer. "I'll take that as a no." Jiyeon added. She turned her body to face the door making herself feel comfortable.

JB just rolled his eyes and rested on his seat as he watched the rain through the windows.

A few minutes had already passed and Jiyeon already fell asleep on her seat, while JB was still awake but sleepy. 

His head kept dropping and his eyelids were heavy. 

He slowly doze off to sleep...