Confusing

The Uptown Romance

The sun rose and Taemin woke up in his own bed. He slowly sat up and prepared himself to go to Suzy's house.

...............................................................

"Suzy, have you seen my necklace?" Nana asked, searching her room for her necklace that her long lost childhood best friend gave her.

"Have you checked in the bathroom?" Suzy yelled from outside the room. "I'll go check" Nana rushed to the bathroom and tried searching for it.

The doorbell suddenly rang and Suzy ran to the main door to open it, and as expected, it was Taemin standing in front of them. "Hey Suzy..." Taemin smiled, "I'm here to get my bags since I left it here." 

Suzy greeted Taemin and welcomed him inside. "Have you already eaten breakfast? Cuz I'm about to cook breakfast, wanna join us?" Suzy smiled. She seemed to forget about yesterday when she sees Taemin.

"That would be wonderful." Taemin smiled back.

"Okie dokie!" Suzy smiled her brightest smile and headed to the kitchen. Taemin went upstairs to the room where he left his bag, but when he reached the last step, he saw a necklace on the ground. He picked it up and was surprised. He quickly got in his room and dug into his bag looking for a necklace. And to his great surprise, they look exactly alike. "W-who's necklace is this? Jinnie and I are the only ones who has this necklace." 

"Suji-yah! I can't fine the necklace that Minnie gave me!" 

Taemin heard a loud whine from out his room. He was especially shocked that he heard his childhood nickname.

He bolted out the door only to find Nana looking back at him. "Is- Is this yours?" Taemin raised his hand, holding the necklace out to Nana. 

"Omg! You found it!" Nana snatched the necklace from Taemin's hand and placed it against her cheek. "I'm so sorry Minnie. I almost lost our friendship necklace"

Taemin felt his heart aching in happiness. Nana noticed from the corners of his eyes that Taemin was just standing and looking at her. She slowly scanned her eyes from Taemin's feet, slowly going up and to her surprise as well, Taemin held the other matching necklace in his hand. 

"Jinnie...is that you?" Taemin said, looking at Nana with full of hopes.

 

.............................................................................................

 

Jiyeon slowly opened her eyes and squinted through the greeting lights of the morning sunlight. She yawned as she stretched and later on she felt something heavy on her lap. She looked down to see JB sleeping on her lap. "Y-yahhhh!!! Wake up!" Jiyeon screamed. JB slowly opened his eyes and saw a blurry image of a girl looking down at him. "Mwo-mwoya...An angel?" JB tried to make his vision more sharp through the light as he blinked rapidly. He sooner found out it was just Jiyeon. His eyes widen when he saw Jiyeon and quickly, he sat up on his own seat and shook his head. "A-angel..??" 

"I'm an angel" Jiyeon smiled at herself.

"N-no, you're not! I didn't mean to say it to you!" JB winced.

"Yeah yeah, I know. I was just complimenting myself" Jiyeon responded, sarcastically.

"Trust me. You look nothing like an angel." JB laughed while Jiyeon sulked. "Angels has got a halo flying on top of their heads, while you don't. They have this heavenly glow shining around them even in the dark, but you don't! They fly, but you can't." JB added.

Jiyeon quietly tittered, "It's obvious that I don't have all that. I'm still human."

"Exactly" JB said.

"Or perhaps, you're indirectly telling me that I've got my own glow." Jiyeon smirked and looked at JB.

"In your dreams" JB laughed. He then went out the car and checked the engine again.

Jiyeon went out too and pulled out her phone to check the signal. "Oh! There's finally signal!" She quickly dialed a number and waited for the other line to pick up.

"Hello?"
"Daesung oppa! I'm kinda lost"
"Eh? Do you know where you are?"
"Like I said, I'm lost and I don't even know where we are."
"Aigoo~ then how are we gonna find you?"
"Molla"
"Is there someone with you?"
"Ne oppa. I'm with an idiot who apparently doesn't know how to fix his own car"
"Hahaha...Don't just say that. Every man knows how to fix things."
"Stop bragging just because you're a guy too"
"It's a fact though."
"Ha! I disagree"
"As you say."
"Oppa!!! Help me get out of this place!!!"
"Okay okay, relax. Does the guy you're with know where you are?"
"I don't know but I think he does"
"Well then, is there any cars passing by?"
"Not always, but yeah there is."
"Get help from them"
"Hmm...Okay, I will..Thanks for helping."
"Ne, take care, ok?"
"Ne~"

Jiyeon ended the call and put her phone back in her pocket.

"Who's that?" JB looked at Jiyeon sternly.

"He's my oppa." Jiyeon replied. "Oppa? You have a brother?" JB asked, looking at Jiyeon cautiously. Jiyeon looked back at JB, weirded out by the way he looked at her, "Why are you looking at me like that? Are you jealous?" JB scoffed, "Me? Jealous? No way! There's no way I'll be jealous of you! And why in the world would I be jealous of your brother?"

Jiyeon laughed, "He's not my brother. He's a close guy friend."

JB rolled his eyes, "I don't care."

"You sure you're not jealous?" Jiyeon teased.

"No, I'm not!" You can go date as many guys as you want and you'll never find me jealous. That's just gross falling in love with a girl like you." JB looked at Jiyeon from head to toe several times before heading off to the side of the streets waiting for a passer-by.

"Ahh~ so now you're being mean, as usual. What should I expect? Psh." Jiyeon muttered as she lifted her philtrum, approaching JB to wait for a passer-by with him.

"Just because you have a lot of admirers at school doesn't mean everyone is one of them. I'm one of the few who doesn't care." JB said by the time Jiyeon stood next to him.

"Does it look like I care? I don't need you anyway when I've got a lot more others who admires me." Jiyeon replied back as she smirked to herself, swinging her body from side-to-side.

JB just rolled his eyes and looked down the road waiting for a car to pass by.

 

...............................................................................................

 

"Taemin, don't do this to me. You know how much I dislike you and you're now about to tell me that you're Minnie?" Nana looked at Taemin anxiously that she didn't wanna accept that her childhood friend turned out to be Taemin. "I know it's hard to believe, JinAh. But what else do you wanna do? Lie to yourself that I'm not Minnie?" Taemin looked deeply into Nana's eyes and with a soft smile, he added, "I finally found you"

Hearing those words made Nana felt emotional. Not caring who he is and how much she didn't like Taemin, Nana ran to him and hugged him tight, "I miss you so much!" Taemin hugged Nana back and smiled brightly. "I missed you too"

Suzy came upstairs and saw a rare scene between Taemin and Nana.. "W-what's going on here?" 

Nana broke the hug and they both looked back at Suzy. "I never thought I'd see this kind of scene between you two." Suzy said, looking confusedly at the two.

Nana smiled at Suzy as tears started forming in her eyes, "Suzy, I finally found Minnie"

"O-oh..So Taemin is Minnie?" Suzy looked at them and tried to pull a smile.

Nana nodded rapidly as she smiled and tears of joy started falling down her cheeks, "Isn't it a coincidence?"

"Y-yes. It sure is one. I'm really happy for you guys" Suzy smiled at them.

It was surely a touching moment for them to finally find each other by the cause of their friendship necklace. But then deep down inside, Suzy wasn't sure if she was happy to see them like that or hurt because she now felt lonely.
JB rejected her...She had a fight with Jiyeon...Nana and Taemin found each other and without a doubt, they'll hang around with each other all the time. 
While for Suzy...She felt left out.

Taemin and Nana went out to the balcony together and sat by the chairs that was placed there. 
"I'm so sorry for treating you badly, Minnie." Nana frowned, embarrassed to even look at him in the eye. Taemin smiled softly and looked at Nana, "Now that I've found you, I'm okay with it." Nana slowly looked at him and melted when he smiled at her, "Your smile is still the same. I can't believe I didn't notice that it's you." Nana quickly leaned closer and gently pinched Taemin's cheeks. Taemin grabbed Nana's hands and slowly pulled them off his face. "Don't do that." Nana chuckled and pulled her hands back, "You're still the same" she smiled happily, looking at the boy who looked back at her.

..........................................................................................................

Suzy sat alone in her room and thoughts started haunting her mind. 

"I wonder where's JB and Jiyeon? They both left together at the same time last night."

"Are they together right now? Did they plan to leave together?"

"Will Nana start noticing me even when Taemin is around now?"

"Will I ever see Jiyeon as a friend again?"

"How can I face JB the next time I see him? I still want to be with JB though"

"Did Taemin really mean what he said last night?"

Tears started forming in Suzy's eyes without her knowing.
She felt so alone. She felt so sad.

"I'm not gonna give up on JB!" Suzy weeped alone in her room.