Where are they?

The Uptown Romance

Taemin walked into Jaebum's huge quiet home dressed in his school uniform. 

"Jaebum!" Taemin called out to Jaebum as his voice echoed into the huge mansion, but there was absolutely no response. "How weird. They both disappeared." Suddenly, a maid comes walking in. "Oh, Mr. Lee, Jaebum was rushed to the hospital 2 days ago."

Taemin widens his eyes after what the maid said, "Rushed?? Which hospital was he taken to???" Taemin asked worryingly. After the maid gave Taemin all the needed information to Jaebum's whereabouts, Taemin quickly dashed out of the mansion, making his way to the said hospital.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

Nana looked around the school's hallway for a while and then looked back at Suzy, "Taemin didn't come to school today too?" 

Suzy looked around as well then looked back at Nana, "Maybe he's sick or late?" 

Nana pouted her lips just a bit and then pulled out her phone to message Taemin through KakaoTalk. 

"Where are you right now? Are you coming to classes today?"

Nana sent the message and waited for a reply. The bell rang and everyone had to get in class. Suzy and Nana entered class together and spotted Mark and Jiyeon just casually talking to each other. Nana and Suzy sat by their desks and watched Jiyeon talking with Mark. 

Nana nudged onto Suzy's arm and gestured her head towards Jiyeon and Mark, "They seem to be enjoying themselves over there. That transfer student is handsome though. Good for Jiyeon."

Suzy watched them and after a while, a smirk starts forming on her lips, "Perfect.. They should just keep being like that and Jaebum will be mine."

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

Taemin rushed into the hospital and asked for Jaebum's ward at the front desk. But they refused to give information because they were told not to invite anyone into the ward without permission. Taemin got frustrated and started getting mad at the lady behind the desk, demanding for Jaebum's ward for he is his best friend. They still refused and Taemin was later escorted out by security for creating a fuss. 

Taemin looked back at the hospital for a while, glaring at everyone who looked at him before he ran off to his home.

 

When he arrived home, he just slumped down on his bed and sighed deeply. "Why am I not allowed? Tyler and I is the only family Jaebum have. What's going on? Is Tyler and Jaebum keeping a secret from me?" Taemin kept overthinking about the whole situation regarding Jaebum before he decided to pull his phone out from his pocket and realized that he got a message from Nana. Taemin sighed and decided to ignore the message.

He eventually, went to sleep.  

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

Recess time at school,

 

Suzy, Nana, Jiyeon and as well as Mark sat together on a table at the school's cafeteria. Nana checked her phone to see if Taemin replied but noticed that she didn't. "Hmm... What's he up to? He always replies instantly. What happened now? Hmmm.. He's probably busy then." Nana placed her phone on the table and starts eating her lunch.

Suzy had her chin rested on her palm while waching Jiyeon and Mark talk happily about random things. 

"You guys look good together." Suzy blurted.

It drew Mark and Jiyeon's attention and they both just stared at her. Mark chuckled while Jiyeon rolled her eyes. "Don't start with that." 

 

"Why? Is it because you like Jaebum already?" Suzy scoffed.

Mark raises his eyebrows at what Suzy said then he shifted his glance towrads Jiyeon. Jiyeon glared at Suzy, "I said.... don't start with that." Jiyeon gritted her teeth.

"Why are you so pissed, Jiyeon? It's just a question."

Jiyeon stood up from her seat while glaring down at Suzy who looked up at her, smirking. Jiyeon then took her bag and left. 

Mark was left astonished by Jiyeon's reaction so he glanced over at Suzy and Nana first before taking his stuff and followed Jiyeon. 

"Good. Just stick around her and fall in love." Suzy watched Mark follow after Jiyeon.

 

"Hey... Hey Jiyeon.." Mark called out to Jiyeon who was returning back to class. "Hey!" Jiyeon spun around to look at Mark and glared at him, "What is it?" with a puzzled feeling Mark stared at Jiyeon, "Are you...mad?" Jiyeon exhales through her nose and starts walking off again, entering the class. "Hey!" Mark followed and they both took their seats. Jiyeon buried her face into her arms and Mark just watched her. "Whatever it is that you're mad about, I hope that it's not too bad." 

Hearing what Mark said, Jiyeon then starts thinking to herself...

Why am I pissed? Jaebum...didn't do anything...wrong.... But why?
Is it because of Suzy? I don't know. I just don't get it.

 

 

The day went by and as the days kept going, Jaebum hasn't been showing up at school. Neither did Taemin. They both never came to school.

"Do you know where Taemin lives?" Nana asked Suzy as they chilled at the school's cafeteria.

"Apparently, I don't." Suzy said in a rather sad voice. 

"Those two haven't been coming to school. They don't even reply my messages either. I wonder what happened." Nana said.

Jiyeon lowered her head as she heard the conversation between the girls then she glances over to where Taemin and Jaebum ususally sits but only sees different people sitting there. All laughing and smiling together. Jiyeon lowered her head once again and stared blankly at her lunch. 

Why do I feel like something is missing? Why do I feel so empty?