Different

The Uptown Romance

There's no need to lie to himself when Jaebum knows that Jiyeon is really one attractive girl. He didn't wanna lie to himself neither did he wanna face the truth, but yet again, Jiyeon's beauty struck Jaebum for the second time. And this time, it made his heart beat when looking into her big, beautiful eyes.

 

Jiyeon didn't know why Jaebum was staring at her, but then seeing that he didn't have his usual serious, cold face on made him look different. 'Different' as in a good difference. It made her see him differently. 
But why is Jaebum looking at her? She questioned herself.
Although she was curious, she didn't bother asking because she was reassured in thinking that it'll be awkward if anyone of them talks and she didn't want that. Stuck in an awkward situation is the least thing she wanted, well, nobody at all wanted to be stuck in an awkward situation.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

Both Jaebum and Jiyeon snapped into their senses when they were startled by Suzy and Nana's explosive laughter. They quickly looked at the tv to see what made them laugh.

From that point, they just stared ahead at the tv. Frozen in shock and awkwardness.

Seconds later,
Jaebum faced the tv but his eyes slowly shifted to the side peaking at Jiyeon.
Jiyeon forced herself to watch tv as she gripped onto the edges of her large shirt which was up to her knees.

She didn't want to think much about what happened ealier between her and Jaebum. 

 

Jaebum felt different from that moment. He didn't feel like his usual self, as in, his normally cold self.
 

 

"Next movie! I heard that this one is gonna be sad, so better get your tissues ready!" Suzy said as she replaced a DVD with another new one to watch.
Taemin emitted a quiet groan, "A love story. I hate love stories" 

 

Moments passed and everyone had fallen asleep on their spots, except for Jaebum and Jiyeon who couldn't sleep so they just kept their eyes on the tv and sat on their places stiffly without even making a sound.

 

Jiyeon was uncomfortable being the only one awake with just Jaebum, let alone that it was awkward and everyone is asleep. There wasn't anyone to save her from the awkwardness which accures in the atmosphere. 
 

"Still watching?" Jaebum suddenly asked, and the atmosphere got even more awkward than before. Why? Oh why???
"Uh...no...not anymore" Jiyeon shook her head quickly and looked down at her lap.
Jaebum pulled himself up from the couch and went to switch the tv and the DVD player off.

Jaebum then lie on the floor beneath the couch that Taemin slept on, taking all the space. The Jaebum closed his eyes and tried to put himself to sleep.

There was a balcony just outside, so instead of sitting alone in the dark awkwardly with Jaebum who was still awake Jiyeon decided to go out to the balcony and relax as she looked up at the stars and breathed in the fresh midnight breeze. It was cold but better than the atmosphere back in the tv room with Jaebum still awake. She hugged herself and just stared out from her balcony. The view from Suzy's balcony was indeed very breathtaking. Jiyeon never really did get tired of the view although it wasn't that much to see. It was still beautiful to her eyes.

 

It was really getting cold and Jaebum hasn't slept yet. Better stay up a little longer and bear with the cold. Jiyeon hugged herself and rubbed her arms. It's better than being awake together with someone whom she don't always get along with. She sat on the chair nearby and waited.

Suddenly, a jacket landed on her, covering her body. It wasn't gently placed around her, but instead, it felt like it was carefully thrown to her. It was too large for her, which only means it belonged to a boy. Jiyeon quickly turned around to see who threw her the jacket only to find JB looking back at her. Jaebum walked outside and stood in front of Jiyeon feeling the cold midnight wind brushing his bare arms since he was only wearing a shirt.
"It's cold outside and I know how fragile you are."

Why is Jaebum acting like this? Does he care about her? Jiyeon lifted an eyebrow as she looked at Jaebum weirdly.
"Don't get me wrong." Jaebum scratched the back of his head. He then looked at Jiyeon and acted coldly, "If you get sick then you would've spread the sickness to us. So you better go inside before we all get sick because I don't wanna get sick." 
 

Jiyeon knew that Jaebum was just acting cold and she knew it was an excuse when deep down inside it seemed like he cared for her. But she didn't like assuming things any further, so what if he was really serious? Jiyeon ended up being confused, but whatever it is, Jiyeon could see right through Jaebum that he is indirectly showing care for her, maybe.
What happened to the cold Jaebum now? Jiyeon wondered to herself.

"I know that you don't care about me. Thanks for the jacket anyway." Regardless of all that, Jiyeon decided to just play along. She stood up, removed the jacket that was around her and gave it back to Jaebum.
Jaebum felt rejected. Rejected as in Jiyeon didn't seem to accept his jacket-offer. And JB didn't like getting rejected so it was a pretty piercing feeling. But why feel like that? He should be used to it by now, right? Or maybe it's because his feelings towards Jiyeon changed?