Hospital

The Uptown Romance

While Jiyeon rested in hospital, accompanied by Jaebum. The sports event at school still went on.
Nana, Suzy and Taemin wanted to visit Jiyeon at hospital but they couldn't because they aren't allowed to leave the school's gate unless school time is over.

Jiyeon slowly opened her eyes and squinted; piqued by the light which entered the room through the windows. She slowly scanned the room and realized she's in a hospital, "What am I doing here?" She weakly murmured to herself. She slowly turned her head to the side only to see Jaebum snoozing off on the couch. At first, she was startled. So she quickly look at herself checking if Jaebum did anything to her by any chance or if a few skin was showing at least. But then she realized that she's perfectly fine and untouched. She slowly took a glimpse of Jaebum and without her knowledge, she unexpectedly giggled at his quiet snores, "Never thought downtown boy would have a cute baby side too..."

Wait, what...?

She was surprised and she couldn't believe what she just said. Clueless thoughts started running around in Jiyeon's mind 'Ohhhh nooooo....don't tell me you're starting to li-....'
"You're awake~" Jaebum yawned and drowsily rose from the couch and sat up straight whilst rubbing his eyes. 

Jiyeon quickly look up at the ceiling, avoiding any eye contact or something with Jaebum. She suddenly remembered something and gasped, "The game!" Jaebum chilled on the couch and in a drowsy voice he responded, "I'm not sure which team is the winner. We'll find out once we get back to school. And besides, it's Friday and tomorrow is Saturday. You'll be having enough rest, therefore, we'll find out on Monday." Jaebum smirked to himself at the thought that it's gonna be a weekend the next day which means he can relax from all the tiring school stuff. "Oh and by the way, the doctor said that you'll be fine and if you feel that you've gain enough energy then you're good to go" Jaebum added. Jiyeon couldn't help but feel the burden again, thinking how Jaebum had to bring her here and stay with her throughout hours of just waiting for her to feel better even if it's boring to wait. But still and all, she was grateful for what Jaebum did for her since the game up until now eventhough they haven't been getting along Jaebum stayed with her, "Thank you, Jaebum" Jiyeon flashed a little smile while still looking at the ceiling.

The fact that Jiyeon called Jaebum by his name left him astonished and speechless. He felt his smile trying to involuntarily break loose from his expression, however, the cold guy tried to pull a serious face as he possibly can, "It's nothing. Now take a rest and we can get out of here quick" He looked down at the ground and rubbed his nape.

Is this her soft side?

 

Jiyeon took one more glimpse of Jaebum who sat there looking awkward, and seeing that side of Jaebum makes Jiyeon enjoy that part of him. So she quietly laughed and smiled to herself when Jaebum wasn't looking. She closed her eyes and rested.

 

30 minutes later,
It's 11am. Jaebum lie comfortably on the couch while scanning through pages from the magazine that was on the table. While on the other hand, Jiyeon was still on her bed, resting.
Seconds later, she opened her eyes. Everything was familiar to her and she already knew where she is. She is just not used to the atmosphere yet.
Jaeum noticed that Jiyeon has finally awaken. He slowly sat up straight and tossed the magazine on the table, "So how you feeling now? Ready to go home? Because I'm getting pretty bored here" He crossed his arms as he leaned back against the couch and waited for her to reply.
Without thinking over, she immediately assured Jaebum that she is now ok and ready to leave. Jaebum went out to inform the nurse and so they came in the room and did stuff that needs to be done before Jiyeon can leave the hospital.

 

 

They stood outside the hospital as they decide on things, "We should get a cab home" Jaebum suggested. Jiyeon isn't really used to taking public transport so she disagreed, "I hate public transport. Can't we just call the teacher to come back for us?" Jaebum searched his pockets and realized he didn't bring his phone along with him. He snapped his fingers when he remembered, "I left my phone in my bag" Jiyeon massaged her temples as she shook her head in disbelief, "What idiot would leave his phone in his bag"
Jaebum scoffed and searched his pockets again, "Well, at least I brought my wallet with me." Jaebum phewed in relief as he tapped his pocket with the wallet in it. Jiyeon then took her turn and searched her pockets, and to her disappointment she left her phone at Suzy.

 

[Back at school]
"Try giving Jiyeon a call" Nana said impatiently waiting for Suzy to dial Jiyeon's number. "Is it ringing?" Nana leaned her ear against the phone which Suzy held against her ear to listen for the phone too. 
They suddenly heard a phone ringing in Suzy's bag.

"Oh gosh, don't tell me..."

"That's Jiyeon's ringtone!!!"

"Why do you have her phone?!!!"

"I was busy taking selfies and I forgot to give it back to her"

"Yah! Doesn't your phone have a camera to take selfies with?!!"

"But Jiyeon has good editing apps!"... 

"You can at least download them on your phone!!! Oh....my....gosh! Suzy!!!"

And so the arguement went on...

 

[Back with Jaebum and Jiyeon]
Jaebum sat down on the pavement near the road and sighed, "Now what?". Jiyeon thought for a while, "How far is school from here?" Jaebum started estimating, "If you're planning to walk there then it would take around an hour if I'm not mistaken" Jiyeon stomped her feet in frustration and let out a short whine. "Did you bring money?" Jaebum asked. Jiyeon froze and in a soft tone of her voice, she replied, "I- I forgot it." Before they knew it, a taxi stopped in front of them and the driver rolled down his window and asked, "Taxi!?". Jaebum looked at Jiyeon, "It's either we walk or we take this taxi." Jiyeon was in a state of making a decision in her mind as for Jaebum, he waited for Jiyeon to think about it. While waiting, Jaebum turned his head to the taxi and first thing he noticed was the driver who looked at them through the window. But there was something about the driver which led Jaebum in suspicion. 
The way the driver looked at Jiyeon wasn't very propriate. It looked like he was...lusting...?

"We'll just walk." Jaebum stood up and patted away the dust on the back of his pants. "I haven't decided yet!" Jiyeon ran after Jaebum who walked forward. "You take long to decide. Therefore, we're going my way." Jiyeon sulked and stomped following Jaebum.