Chapter XXXIX

Through the Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I have been running and looking around but I found none. I woke up, with the darkness already gone. It was replaced by endless nothingness.

 

Like a white room extending infinitely.

 

I have been screaming. Calling out for someone. Someone I couldn't remember. 

 

What's happening to? Why am I here? Why am I the only one around?

 

This is sickening. I feel like I might go mad at any moment.

 

"For God's sake is anybody out there?!"

 

I screamed at the top of my lungs. But again, nothing.

 

Frustrated, I slumped down on the ground. This is hopeless. I am hopeless.

 

"Are you gonna give up just like that?"

 

I looked up at the sound of the voice. My breath hitched as I found a man standing right before me.

 

He was tall with fair complexion. His blond hair was long reaching right below his collarbone. He is wearing an all-white suit, making him almost invisible in this place. What caught my attention is the pair of glassy blue eyes he has. He looks ethereal and so surreal.

 

"Who are you?"

 

The man pursed a smile and walked around me. I immediately stood up, not looking away.

 

"Just call me Castiel."

 

His voice was thick yet gentle. What a strange name he has. I have never heard one like it before.

 

"Castiel? And what are you? Do you know why I'm here? Can you help me get out of here?"

 

The man chuckled and stopped walking. He faced me. I can't help but to get intimidated at the towering man.

 

"It's your job to remember, Sandara. It's also up to you how to get away from here." He looked around which as if there was something to see. "Remember that you are truly not my vessel. I am still owned by your father and I cannot fully claim you as long as your real owner is still around. You only have my power but not my control."

 

I frowned. This is making me more confused. Vessel? Father? What is he talking about.

 

"I-I don't understand..."

 

He gave me another smile. This time, it's giving me a feeling of security and assurance.

 

"You will. But you have to work faster before it's too late."

 

His cold hand touched my cheek. His smile never faded.

 

"You are still your own woman, Dara. You are the only one who can drive her off. Learn how to claim your own body and I will eventually help you."

 

And with a blink of an eye...he was gone.

 

______________________________

 

"What the happened to him?!"

 

Kris blurted out when the elevator to the penthouse opened when an exasperated Baekhyun entered, struggling to carry Kyungsoo who is still unconscious. Dami is with them, carrying the grocery bags, with a worried look on her face.

 

"What happened to them, Dami?"

 

Chaerin asked the young lady. She is trying to be calm down in order not to cause more panic to the others.

 

"I don't know. I just saw them entering the building with one of them already unconscious. I personally helped them to get up here to avoid other people coming."

 

The blonde woman nodded and spared a glance at her comrades. 

 

"Thanks, Dami. You may go now, we'll handle this."

 

Dami took a light bow and turned back immediately.

 

"What happened?"

 

Lay calmly asks, helping Baekhyun to sit rest down. Chanyeol and Kris, on the other hand, carried the unconscious Kyungsoo inside his room. Taehyung did not wait to speak and followed the three to check up on the boy.

 

"Dara..."

 

And with just that name, everyone around turned to him. Kai who has been quiet eversince took long strides towards Baekhyun.

 

"Why? What happened to her?"

 

Hayi arrived with a glass of water which Baekhyun immediately gulped down. With a heavy sigh, he looked up at everyone.

 

"We met her...well, not exactly her. She's possessed by that demon."

 

"So she's the one who did this to you?"

 

Chaerin took the seat in front of the exasperated boy. She was answered by a small nod.

 

"It means that Jia finally took over her completely."

 

"It was strange though..."

 

The rest snapped their heads and all of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter