Chapter XXXII

Through the Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're a monster!"
"You killed your own mother! Dongwook should've killed instead of giving you Castiel!"
"You're the reason why all of us will perish!"
"Do you think you're innocent? You're worse than a demon, Dara! Kill yourself now!"

She woke up breathing heavily. She just dreamed of herself in a very dark place where nothing can be seen. Then those voices came, almost ripping off her head. Those are the voices of angels and demons who want her down. Tears slowly went down from her eyes. The burden on her shoulders is getting worse especially now that Thunder is nowhere to be found.

"God, what do I have to do?"

Dara was pulled away from her thoughts when someone knocks on her door.

"Come in." She said in a faint voice as she wipes the tears off her cheeks.

The door opened and Seunghoon came in. "Good morning, Dara." Dara replied with a small smile. The boy came closer and stood at the side of her bed. "Are you okay now?"

"A little....I'm still trying to get fully back with myself." She sighed as she fidgets with her fingers. "I just don't know if I can continue this now that they have my brother."

Seunghoon sat down beside her and held her shoulders. "Dara, you can. All these years, you were able to survive without any of us so why would you give up now? Just trust Sanghyun. In fact, he will surely feel bad if he gave himself to them for nothing. You can get through this and kick Jia's off."

Dara chuckled at the last sentence. "Now, Mr. Lee Seunghoon is talking."

"Aish! I'm trying to moment here!" He pouted earning a small laugh from Sandara. "Okay get up there, sleepyhead. Breakfast's ready."

Everyone is quiet as the group eats. The Castors didn't sleep to guard the manor and also plan on how to tell Dara the decision they made regarding the Claiming. Hayi and Taehyung already know about the plan in which the latter agreed to lead the process. Meanwhile, the mortals seem to have already accepted the deal but are still scared of what might happen after when their bodies are not fully theirs anymore. As they eat, Sandara looked around and noticed that someone, except her brother, is missing.

"Where is Kai?"

"He went somewhere last night and hasn't been back since then. Don't know exactly where but he said it can lead us to a way to finally get rid of Jia." -Jinwoo.

"So, Mr. Kim Taehyung, mind sharing us your life as Woobin's right arm?" Mino chopped in with a different topic, targeting the boy beside Dara.

Taehyung didn't even flinch for a bit. He calmly put the glass of cranberry juice down. "Fine then. Capturing Dara has been on their plan for so long. Woobin, together with the older Castors, sent me in your school to watch over her to make the attack simpler for them. They want Dara to be imprisoned in hell, below the 66 Seals, where Jia's existence can't penetrate. Further than that....I know nothing anymore. Woobin keeps the rest of the details within the council."

Mino smirked at him. "The right-arm man and a vessel of Gabriel is not part of the council? Kiss my ."

"Song Minho-" Dara was about to meddle with the conversation but Taehyung stopped her.

"Because that's what the other Archangels have wanted. Gabriel himself is not trusted by his brothers. You know why Gabriel chose me as his vessel? It's because we are just the same. We don't care how wrong or right we are unless God, Himself, summons us on what to do. God doesn't mind about the plan as much as Gabriel and I don't care. He doesn't even mind the probable death of all races. He can always start from the beginning and just get rid of Jia by Himself. He will just watch until the end, sorting those who are worthy and not for resurrection. Michael and the rest of them are just scared for God may not include them despite their position. In our case, win or lose, it will all be still up to Him."

"And how sure are you? Oh I forgot....you're the so-called vessel of an Archangel." Mino mocked at him.

"If you still don't believe me then I can do nothing with it anymore. We all talked about this last night, even Kai gave his trust to me but still, you're not convinced. Believe whatever you want but let me tell you this," he paused and gave Minho an intent look that everyone can already feel a tension building up. "If I'm still in Woobin's team, I could've already killed all of you  yesterday without lifting a finger and brought Dara to the Council without a sweat...but I didn't. Right? Song Minho?"

Minho was about to retort back but Dara purposely dropped her utensils loudly making everyone's attention turn to her. "Could the two of you cut this crap? My brother was taken and we're stuck here without any idea what to do next. The last thing that I need right now are two es killing each other."

The young girl stood up and went straight to the living room to cool herself down. As the second leader of the whole group, Chaerin spoke up while eyeing Mino and Taehyung.

"This is the last time that any of us can have a fight. We have a bigger problem in hand and fighting will do nothing good." She wiped her lips with the table napkin and stood up. "Finish your breakfast and get yourselves ready. We still need to talk to Sandara regarding the Claiming of the mortals."

When Chaerin is completely gone, Mino once again smirked at Taehyung. "Lucky ."

"Song Minho, could you please shut the hell up already?" That was Minzy who annoyingly glared at him.

"Fine, crocodile woman.",-Mino.

Minzy heard it and to get back on him, she did a little work with her powers. She made everything on Mino's plate flew up right into his face. The boy was surprised and panicked that he even almost got choked with his own saliva. The rest of the group bursts into laughter at the sight. Baekhyun almost spilled his drink and Taehyun is already on the floor laughing hysterically. Mino angrily looked at Minzy beside Bom who's laughing like a maniac while hitting Jinwoo's arm.

"I ing hate you Gong Minzy! Thank very much."

The girl just mockingly smiled at him. "I ing hate you too. You're welcome."

"Okay for the Nth time, that's enough." Seungyoon spoke up, aiming to stop another fight. Luckily, Mino didn't say anything more and just glared at Minzy with gritted teeth.

--------------------------------------------------

"So, you're going to get her by yourself...." The young woman asks her brother.

"I have no other choice, Jessica. The council is desperate...I am desperate." Woobin answered firmly. He knows that his sister is worried for him but he gotta try...for all races' sake.

"But you know that it's dangerous. When you do it, Jia will surely stop you. You know that none of us is strong enough against her."

"There are no other ways aside from that one thing, Jessica. No one wants to do it as well. It is against the rule to use an Archangel's Blade for that purpose! It will take away our chance to be resurrected when things get out of control."

Jessica just sighed in frustration at her brother's firm decision. All she can do now is to pray to God and all the angels to protect him. She slowly walked to Woobin whose back is facing her.

"Just be safe, Woobin." She hold on to his arms as if it's for the last time. Sooner or later, she might lose a brother, and she can't take that...not ever.

--------------------------------------------------

"YOU WHAT?!?!?!?" 

The whole group is now gathered at the living room. They finally informed Dara about the plan on turning EXO into Castors but by the looks of it, the girl seems to oppose the idea.

""But Dara, it's the only way we could help you..and also to keep us safer. In fact we also agreed to it." Suho explained.

Sandara looked at him as if she's surprised. She can't believe that these humans did agree to such deal.

"Agreed or not, I will still won't allow it to happen! You will all go back to your own lives and that's final." She firmly said.

"And what will you do?" Bom asked. "We know that we are far from the finish line, Dara. We can't survive any longer if they can't fight with us. Tell me, what will you do in order to end all of these?"

Dara closed her eyes and breathed in deeply. When her brown orbs opened, she looked around at each of them. "I will surrender myself to Woobin."

The group gasped at her statement. "What the did you just say?!" Chaerin stood up, anger and confusion are mixed all over her face.

"I will surrender myself to Woobin and the Council. I will let them imprison me. It is the only way to save all of you." Sandara kept her eyes from any of them. She doesn't want to see any emotions of disagreement.

"You are not going to surrender yourself to anyone and these mortals will join us in this fight. That's final."

A voice was heard from upstairs. It is Kai, standing with his hands firmly gripping on the railings. He is staring at Dara alone. With one swift move, he jumped off the railings down to the living room.

"Kim Jongin what are you talking about?" Seunghoon asks with arms crossing across his chest. "And where the hell have you been?"

"Down there." The young man simply answered, eyes still not leaving Dara.

"Am I thinking right?" Taehyun said nonchalantly. "Please tell me you didn't go to hell."

Kai rolled his eyes and sat on a stool in front of Sandara who is visibly curious on what he is up to. "Oh yes I just did."

His answer earned a gasp to every immortals in the room.

"What the hell we're you thinking oppa?! You are on the red list and you went there alone?!" -Hayi.

Kai chuckles at his comrades' reactions. Their faces can't be painted as well as EXO who are staring blankly, clueless again on what's happening.

"Relax, guys. Can't you see? I'm fine and still alive." 

"Kai...what did you do?" The smile on Kai's face faded when Dara spoke up in a cold tone.

"I came to talk to Azazel." 

Another batch of gasps was heard. Now, EXO's is part of it. Of course who wouldn't be surprised? And once again, of course who wouldn't know about Azazel? He is the Second Prince of hell next to Lucifer.

Kai sighed at his friends' ridiculous reaction. "Could you please stop gasping? Azazel won't hurt me coz I'm his son."

"WHAT?!" 

"You are Azazel's son? You mean that Azazel that we read on books?" Baekhyun can't believe what he just heard, same goes to the rest of the group including Dara.

"Yes, I am his son. Yes, I'm not really a Castor. Yes, I am a pure demon. And no, he doesn't care about any of what's happening right now." For the second time, Kai rolled his eyes.

"Why did you tell us just now? For Pete's sake Kai we've been a team for many years now." Bom dramatically whined out.

"What do you expect me to do? Came running to the door screaming 'I am Azazel's son! Beware coz a next Prince has come!'" He mockingly answered the older girl.

Sandara massaged her temple to get relaxed even for just a bit. There are too much of happenings right now and don't know which one to think of first. Taehyung noticed it so he tried to speak up.

"Guys...we know how shocking it is to have someone here who turns out to be a son of a Prince from hell but I think this shouldn't be the main topic here." He then turned to Kai. "So...what have you talked about down there?"

Kai gave him a "Thank-you-very-much" look. At least there's still one who can still think rationally in this group. "I talked to him about a possible way to defeat Jia...and it turns out that it can happen if...Lucifer, himself, will fight her."

"Wait...I thought that this Jia is the most powerful demon? So how can Lucifer be able to defeat her? And wait.....why is Jia the most powerful demon? Coz as far as I know, Lucifer is the first falling angel?" Suho blurted out out of curiosity. 

The others also fell in silent wondering about the question. They know that Jia is the most powerful but how? And what does Lucifer got to do with this?

"Exactly." Kai clicked his tongue. "It's because Jia is Lucifer's mother."

"WHAAAAAT?!?!?!?" They all shouted in unison, jaws are dropped for the second time.

Kai can't help but to laugh at the scene. "That's exactly my reaction when I talked to Father. Seems like the Archangels and the Princes have been hiding this for billions of years now. You know something about this?"

He eyed Taehyung who innocently shrugged at him. "Gabriel never said a word to me about this...well in fact, he never talks to me after I was Claimed. I also doubt that Woobin knows something about this. If they have been keeping it a secret, I bet it is only the Archangels, the Princes, and us, here, who knows about this."

Kai nodded in agreement. "You got a point there."

"How?" Dara started. "I mean....ugh this so confusing! Could you please just slowly explain to us the hell is happening here coz I swear everything seems so impossible...like how the hell did Lucifer got a mother? As far as I know Lucifer was an Archangel and Archangels weren't born through 'mothers'"

"Okay, I know everything seems crazy right now. I swear I also got my mind twisted in this ty stuffs on who Jia really is." Kai said, preparing his self for a long talk. "You see...Jia is not literally Lucifer's mother. It is just a connotation coz Jia is in fact, the real first fallen angel."

"Are you freaking serious?!" That was Taehyun and Sehun together.

"Could you please just let me talk first?" Kai then continued. "Way before the Archangels were born, there was an angel, who happened to be Jia, who revolted against God leaving Him no choice but to send her to the Und

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter