Chapter XXXV

Through the Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Aww! Kim Jongdae! Do you really have to step on my foot?!" 

 

Chanyeol winced in pain when the shorter guy stumbled upon him. The gang is currently making their way through the lobby of a 100-floor building, owned by Sandara Park herself.

 

They finally left the manor after yesterday's long training and they are currently inside Sandara's company to stay for the day. The place is so huge that Jongdae gawked at it, ignoring Chanyeol's complaints. 

 

"I never thought that she could be this rich. I mean, come on, she's still in high school for Pete's sake!" Baekhyun commented staring at the finely carved corinthian pillars around. 

 

The exterior of the building was very modern but what's inside seems like another era. Everything is extravagant and has visible European influence. It's just six in the morning but the whole lobby is lit up, welcoming them.

 

A pair of heels was heared strutting towards them, echoing around the empty hall. They turned and saw a petite short-haired woman, wearing an A-line casual white dress covered with a navy blue blazer. Her movements scream professionalism especially when she pushes her glasses up her nose. 

 

The lady did not spare them a glance and only greeted Sandara.

 

"Good morning, Young Lady. We have prepared everything for your stay. The whole 50th floor is all yours to occupy for the day." 

 

"Woah! Even her way of speaking is too formal." Sehun can't help but to chuckle, earning a nudge from Mino who eventually smiled childishly as well.

 

Dara nodded and turned to Kai.

 

"Lead the way. You all go first, I need to talk to her."

 

Jongin frowned a bit but decided not to ask further and just signalled the rest to follow.

 

Meanwhile, the lady was confused but still tried her best to fix her composure.

 

"Is there something you need, Young Lady?" 

 

Dara gave her a faint smile. "No need to be formal in front of me, Dami. Starting tomorrow, you're going to be the boss of all here."

 

With wide eyes, the girl gasped and stared at her. "What do you mean?"

 

"I have already talked to the lawyers and signed the papers. I'm officially passing down the company in your hands. By tomorrow, my lawyers will conduct a board meeting under my consent to announce this."

 

Beads of tears started to form under her eyelids. Losing the timid image awhile ago, she cried in front of Dara.

 

"But why? Is something going to happen?"

 

She knows who Dara is. She know what she is. More importantly, she cares for her being.

 

"I'll be leaving tomorrow with those people that's why I asked you to book us a flight secretly. I don't know if I could make it out alive so I decided to leave the company to the right person. I know that you won't let me down, especially grandma."

 

Dami got lost of words so she just pulled Dara into a hug, uttering 'thank you', 'ple

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter