Chapter XIV

Through the Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up at a very familiar place.

The white walls with silver marks of our race, rose. The smell of that coffee that only one person can make. The cozy feeling and the security that I have been missing for the past five years...the feeling that I ran away from that time.

Why am I here?

How did I get here?

Am I dreaming?

Is she...

"What are we going to do now, Dongwook-ah?"

I was snapped out of my thought when I heard a very familiar voice from a room.

Everything came back to me in a mere second.

The regret, guilt, that bitter feeling of missing her...my mother.

Is she alive? 

I immediately ran to where the voice came from and I saw her.

"Mom!"

I stormed inside the room but to my surprise, she didn't even noticed me. She's just there, lying on a bed with a baby on her arms, wrapped with a pale pink cloth.

I tried calling her name but nothing happens. It's as if I don't exist.

And then it finally hit me.

SHE CAN'T SEE ME...I AM REALLY DREAMING. AND THE BABY SHE'S HOLDING IS NONE OTHER THAN ME.

"I am scared for our children, especially for Dara." My mom said.

And that's when I turned to the man she's talking to.

He is a tall and handsome man in his early thirties. 

He looks at my mom and I, then shifted his gaze to the other baby in a crib at the corner of the room who's in a deep slumber.

That must be Thunder.

I looked at the man again. 

His features. Those narrow eyes, thin lips and that feeling when I look at him.

Could he be...our father?

He genuinely smiled at my mom but...I can see tears forming in his eyes.

"You know the only thing we can do, Hyori."

My mom's eyes widened at what he said.

She stood up, leaving me first beside thunder.

"No! You can't do it! There must be another way for this!"

She's now sobbing hard while cupping his face.

I want to know why. What's the reason for those tears in their eyes? Why do they look like they're in so much pain? 

If only I could ask them...but no...I'm just here...watching what happened 'back then'.

He slowly shook his head with a bittersweet smile on his face.

"There's no other way, my love...this is the only way we could save our children."

"B-but...I can't lose you!" My mom started hugging my dad.

"Yes you can. For Dara and Thunder..."

Watching them feels like I'm being stabbed. It's the same feeling i had five years ago.

Why is this happening? What are they going to do for me and my brother?

"Jia will claim Dara in time. We need to do something to save her soul. Just promise me that you and Thunder will protect her when the time comes."

What is he saying? Jia? That name seems so familiar. Is it the owner of that voice in my head every time I get angry?

"Is your decision final? Do you really have to do it?" My mom asked.

My dad nodded while he wipes the tears off my mom's cheeks.

"I am the only one who handled Castiel's powers. And you know that he's the only one half-angel and half-demon that exists. If I can give that to our daughter, then she can be able to fight Jia's spirit. And if she becomes Castiel's vessel first, then Jia wouldn't know when she finally enters Dara's body because she will surely never gonna feel it."

"But what if Dara can't handle being Castiel and Jia's vessel at the same time? You know how strong those two immortals are. What if her soul get destroyed?" She asked worriedly.

"Dara is the girl from the prophecy, Hyori. If she can handle the greatest demon, then she can also handle the greatest half-blood with it."

What are they talking about?! I feel like my head's going to explode! I can't get any single thing of what they are saying!

My mom hugged him tightly once again. "If it is what you want...then so be it."

He caressed the back of her head gently then kissed the top of it.

They stayed like that for a long time, cherishing every second in that moment.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter