Chapter XXVII

Through the Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyung!" He picked up his phone to answer a certain call.

"How are things going there with you?" A cold voice resonated from the other line. 

It has been almost an hour now since he dined with the group and the girl's beauty is still printed in his mind. He doesn't have an idea if the others noticed him taking glances, well he doesn't care either.

"It's fine, boss." here he is again, calling the elder boss. "I just had a lunch with their group this morning. I think everything's going on smoothly I must say."

And then his mind went off flying again, daydreaming about Sandara Park. That long wavy hair that falls down her shoulder, her pale white skin that looks so fragile and soft...and those brown orbs. He just can't believe that those kinds of eyes can kill any of his kind.

She's too beautiful for that pit in hell....

Knowing the kid, as he calls him, Woobin knew that the silence between the line is caused again by the things playing around his mind.

"Kim Taehyung, I am reminding you about why you are there, trying to get close to their pack." 

Taehyung rolled his eyes as he kicks the on the grass. He's currently behind a school building just to take this call. He has to be careful not to get caught by anyone especially by those within Sandara's circle.

"Aish! It's not like I am not going to work. I don't want to get tortured by the council." 

He can hear Woobin sigh from the other line. "So you should always remember our goal here. I have to go now. The angels are here and I have to talk to them."

The boy gasped and his mouth literally went open. "What?! They are here? You mean, they really went down?!"

"Yes and they are here to push me on the second way of killing or stopping Jia. That is why you have to do things right in there. Our plan should be made in time or else the angels and demons will take over this mission."

Taehyung's heart skipped a beat. Sandara Park. He doesn't know that much about her yet but there's something different about her and it's no joke. He wants to know her more, know what's behind those cold eyes. Now that he knows how determined the pure angels and demons are, he just can't help the urge to protect her instead. Strange but that's what he really feels. Love at first sight? It must be. But then he still has to do something. He has his sworn obligation. The boy should help Woobin to throw her inside that pit under the sixty-six seals of hell. Though he half-heartedly needs to do it, it's the least he can do...rather than they do it to her soul.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That B-guy is weird..." Tao blurted out while they're inside the car. Class is finished and they decided to go home immediately.

"What B? It's V! You should clean your ears, Tao." Chen corrected the guy who just rolled his eyes like a girl.

"Whatever. Who cares about nicknames anyway."

"Back to the topic...isn't that guy really weird?" Xiumin said from the back. "He smiles creepily while eating and...I think he keeps on glancing at....Sandara."

The other boys turned to him in shock. Even Kai turned is head around and looked at him intently. 

"I kinda noticed it too.." Baekhyun added.

"Maybe he has a crush on Sandara-ssi..." -Lay

Sehun's eyes went wide at Lay's comment. He smacked the poor boy's head as a reaction.

"Yah! What was that for?!" The Chinese boy whined while rubbing his head.

"That guy just met us today so it's impossible to happen." 

"Tch. You're just jealous." Lay commented in a low tone so Sehun failed to understand it.

"What did you say?" His frown grew deeper.

Lay took a deep frustrated sigh. "Nothing! Yah! How dare you talk to me like that? I am still older than you!"

Sehun just made face in front of his hyung. "Older by just months. It doesn't matter."

Before the bickering gets worse, Suho stopped the two. "That's enough. Stop acting like kids!"

The two just pouted and everyone went silent again. They know that Dara is in a deep sleep since they rode off. But little do they know, the girl is awake the whole time, pretending to be asleep. She has been listening to the boys' conversation.

That Kim Taehyung. She completely ignored him during the lunch but something in him is very different. It's not something normal like a common student has. If anyone can know about who or what he really is, then it would be her. She's the only one who can freely use her powers in reading minds whenever she wants to.

But I can't...

On the other hand, Kai's mind got clouded by the image of the new guy. Just like what the mortals have said, that guy is weird. If only he can get into his brain then he would have known, too bad he agreed with Dara's decision to mark himself as well. Hearing what Lay said, he can't help but to feel annoyed at the possibility of the boy crushing on Dara. Not that he doesn't have any clue of Exo boys feeling the same way, but that guy....it's different. He feels threatened and at the same time, he can feel that Dara is in danger with that Taehyung.

Wait...did I say threatened?! Aish! I shouldn't be! I met her first and she's closer to me so I'm still on top of the game. An image of the mortal boys flashed in his mind. Damn these mortals!

And then he glanced at the precious girl from the rearview mirror.

She's the only one who can know about that guy. And I know that she won't tell... He gritted his teeth at the thought. ! I shouldn't have agreed in blocking my powers!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's already sunset when they arrived at the manor. The stinging heat of the golden sun rays struck Dara's skin upon going out of the car. She is the first one to step on the front porch when she noticed something strange. A dusty shoe print is on the floor. She frowned at the image. Kai noticed it so he looked at the direction where Dara is frowning.

"Yah! Darong! When are you planning to open the damn door?" Bom whined from the back, earning a hard nudge from Chaerin.

Kai raised his hand, signalling them to keep quiet. Whatever this is, he knows that someone went inside the house.

Dara fished out the key from her pocket and opened the door. From the door, she can clearly see a glass of liquor on the center table. 

Someone's really here.

"Someone barged in? What if it's just one of the servants?" Xiumin whispered, loud enough for everyone to here.

"It's impossible. Servants are not allowed to get inside this house. They have their own outside." Kai reasoned out.

Dara roams her eyes around the area. Upon observing, she caught a familiar smell of perfume. The musty scent...it must be him. 

The tension in her was relieved so she casually went in like nothing happened. Hayi looked at Kai with in confusion but the latter just shrugged off and followed inside.

"What was that?" Chanyeol asked as he slumped down on the couch. 

"Dunno." Seunghoon answered before shoving Chanyeol off so that he can sit as well. The giant just occupied the whole space for himself.

"That was weird...she looks like she's going to jump on someone then just acted normal after..." Kris commented.

After a while, Kyungsoo came and sat uncomfortably beside Kris. Bom, who's sitting on a stool at the open kitchen, noticed the awkwardness with the boy.

"Yah! You mortal boy. Are you feeling uncomfortable?" She asked half-yelling because of the distance.

Kyungsoo swallowed hard. "It's not that.....I'm just...not used to be in this how's yet..."

Mino, being a naughty one, jumped on him and caught Kyungsoo in a headlock. "Aigoo! You shouldn't be. This is now your home! Feel it, breathe in it, live it, and love it." He dramatically said causing everyone to face palm.

"Tell me, Song Minho. Are you on drugs?" Minzy asks, still wearing her poker face.

Mino grimaced at his favorite 'friend's question. "What the heck did you say?!"

Baekhyun closed his eyes at the sight of the two. "Here they go again."

Mino and Minzy loves bickering. They have been always giving everyone, especially Chaerin and Seungyoon, a headache ever since. As for Exo, no day for them is left quiet because of the two. Minzy with her piercing words and Mino with his hysterical cursings whenever the former trash-talks him. 

Everyone started coming out from their room and watched the two bicker like in the movies. Taehyun and Chen are even high-fiving like crazy people.

"Yah...you know they'll make a good couple.." Tao said to Sehun in a whisper, avoiding to get caught between the two.

The maknae raised a brow on him. "Are you for real? Do you want to ignite a new world war through those two?"

"Aing! I'm just kidding!" Tao laughed out.

"Seems like everyone's fine with each other now."

"Ah! Kamjjakiyaaa!" Tao screamed in astonishment. He almost got a heart attack because someone just spoke behind him.

He turned around, as well as the others due to his screaming. And what or rather, who they saw left their mouths hanged open.

"! The king is back!" Seunghoon said out of the blue.

Leehi turned to him with an unexplainable expression. "The WHAT?!"

"Oh....I knew it was you." They all turned to the newcomer. It's none other than Dara who just came from the library room of the house. Kai is standing beside her, arms wrapped around her shoulders. 

Exo immediately noticed it and can't help but to feel awful again. Sehun is even clutching his fist. Luhan on the other hand just looked away in annoyance.

Why the hell is that guy always around her?! - they all thought the same.

"Sanghyun-ah! Where have you been?" Bom asked loudly, sounds mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter