Chapter XXVIII

Through the Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's already ten in the morning when all of them woke up. They are all gathered around the living room, the twins are not yet there while Minzy and Seunghoon take charge of the breakfast. A bright smile is flashed on Tao's face while Kyungsoo keeps his bliss inside. 

"Yah! Why are you grinning there like an idiot?" Sehun noticed the Chinese boy who has been smiling by himself ever since he opened his eyes.

Instead of answering, Tao just looked at him and smiled even more which made Sehun more puzzled. 

"What the hell happened with this panda?" The maknae whispered on Kris' ears.

The cold city guy looked at Tao and back to Sehun, "Dunno."

Sehun pouted at his hyung's timid answer. 

"Yey! Breakfast's ready!" 

Everyone perked up at Leehi who happily cheered while jumping around.

"Aigoo! Hungry koala!" Jinwoo laughs as he ruffled the small girl's hair, earning him a hard slap on the hand.

"Yah! Stop calling me that!" 

"Hey, that's enough." Chaerin went in between the two. "Where are the twins by the way."

" Here." And just right after Chaerin asked, Sanghyun came inside the dining area with his sister following around.

Chaerin can't help but to stare at her friend. She feels sorry for her, remembering what Sanghyun had told her last night.

Why does it have to be you, Dara?

Avoiding the possibility that she might cry, Chaerin tried to divert her attention into other things. She should forget what Thunder had told her last night, at least for now.

"Good morning!" Tao cheerfully greeted Dara, who just took the seat beside him.

"Morning..." she timidly answers, she doesn't smile like last night but her voice seem so light and different for the rest of them, except Kyungsoo and Tao of course.

She's sitting in between Tao and her brother while Kyungsoo is right in front of her. All the rest of them at the table notice how Dara looks so different today. She became brighter than before. Everyone wonders what's with her.

"Dara, you look good today." Kyungsoo commented nonchalantly.

Tao nodded his head happily in agreement. "Hmm. You're right! Dara, you should maintain that aura of yours!"

The girl released a small chuckle, "You two just shut it. But thanks anyway."

Sehun choked on his bread, and so did Bom. The two even simultaneously hit their chests and drank down some water. The others, not as overreacting as the two, just froze and stared at Dara and the two boys. They were switching looks between Dara and Tao then to Kyungsoo, even Thunder does the same.

"What?" Kyungsoo asked them, noticing how they look at three of them like they saw a ghost.

All of them slowly shakes their heads as a response, astonishment can still be seen on their faces, well except for Thunder who just silently give his attention back on the food.

Later after that quiet breakfast, Exo went back to their room and there they cornered Kyungsoo and Tao who just roll their eyes for like the Nth time now.

"Do Kyungsoo and Huang Zitao! What the hell just happened there?!" Baekhyun yelled at the two.

"Where?" -Kyungsoo.

"At breakfast, obviously?" The diva is literally rolling his eyes at the poker faced guy in front of him.

"Uhmmm...we ate food?" Tao innocently answered while shrugging.

 Now is the time for Chanyeol to grit his teeth as well. "Are you playing with us?! We are talking about how you talked to Dara like that, you dimwit!"

Kyungsoo stood up from his bed and just like nothing happens, he started walking out of the door.

"Oi! Kyungsoo! Where are you going?" Luhan asked him.

The boy halted his strides and faced them. "Outside. I don't see anything wrong with what you guys are ranting anyway." 

And just with that, he completely left their sight, even if he can still hear shouts and curses in different languages from inside the room. He just massaged his temple at their childish acts.

When will these guys grow up?

Back inside the room, the boys shifted their attention to Tao who's now sheepishly grinning at them.

"Now, you little panda. Since Kyungsoo just left, you will do the explaining...alone." Suho told the youngest Chinese with authority on his voice.

Instead of answering, Tao just laugh at them awkwardly. Nobody from the boys reacted and just stare at him blankly, still waiting for his answer. Feeling more awkward with the blank stares, Tao's laugh slowly subsides as he scratches the back of his neck.

"Again Zitao..." Lay started but he wasn't able to finish when Tao spoke.

"Aing! You guys are really stubborn to know!" 

All the boys' eyes widened at him. "Huang. Zi. Tao."

The poor boy was taken aback when his friends said his name altogether, intense glares are shooting on him. Afraid for some torture to happen, he raised his hands as if he's surrendering.

"Okay okay! Calm your people! I'll tell you okay?"

The boys calmed down and took their places. Tao told them everything that happened last night, well excluding the time when it was just Kyungsoo and Dara of course. They want to kill Tao in annoyance, especially Luhan, for the panda can't stop smiling and squealing like a girl while narrating. The boy keeps on talking as if he's in his own world, the rest of the group regret asking him coz all they feel right now is just pure jealousy.

"And that's it kekekeke!" Tao finished his story with his oh so bright smile not leaving him.

"But what did Kyungsoo and her talked about?" Xiumin curiously asks causing Tao to shrug his shoulders.

"Dunno. I wasn't there but I am sure he's the first one to get close to her among us...before me." 

Chen threw a pillow right on his face. He felt more annoyed with Tao bragging on his moments with Dara. To more of his aggravation, the younger guy just stuck a tongue out at him.

"But why did she suddenly change?" Xiumin asks another question.

"That's what I've been thinking as well. It's kinda weird to see her being so nice...especially with what Tao has told us. It feels like...not Sandara Park?" Lay wondered while rubbing his chin.

No one answers him for no one has any idea as well. Her sudden change is indeed strange. The short silence is broken when they heard a small chuckle coming from Oh Sehun.

"Yah! Maknae! Why are you chuckling over there?" -Baekhyun.

Sehun seemed to be pulled out from his own world when Baekhyun noticed him. "What?...nothing...it's none of your business anyway."

"Oh Sehun, we're still older than you." Luhan reprimanded.

 The boy just rolled his eyes. "Whatever." He just lied down on his bed comfortably and turned away from his friends. Getting back to what he has been thinking, he can't help himself but to smile so he snuggled on his pillow to hide it from his hyungs.

Well at least now that she's nicer...I can finally have a chance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Where's Dara?" Chaerin immediately asks Thunder upon entering his room.

She's really bothered by everything that has been happening right now.

"Must be in her room." The young man timidly answers his friend.

Chaerin narrowed her eyes and jumped on his bed, sitting there, cross-legged. She looked at him for some seconds, contemplating whether she should talk or not but decided to choose the first one.

"What happened back there?"

Thunder closed the book that he's reading and looked at her. "What do you mean?"

Chaerin smirked at his response. "Come on, Park Sanghyun. I know you noticed that your twin is not on her old self anymore."

Thunder breathes a deep sigh. "I know. She's my sister so I know."

"Do you think she knows? What if she heard us last night?"

He looked at her surprisingly. "What? That can't be, if she did then she could have confronted me."

"Then why is she acting like that? Being nice to everyone this morning and obviously became close with those two mortals...Thunder, we all know that Dara wouldn't change just like that! Damn she even smiled."

"I know Chaerin I've seen it too! But I can't come into such conclusion because I can't even read her mind because she has been blocking me since the day we came here."

Chaerin sighed and calmed down. "I'm sorry...I'm just...I can't...with what you've told me last night..."

Sanghyun nodded sadly. "It's okay...all we have to do now is to keep her away from our old house and hope that she really doesn't know anything."

"She will know it no matter what, Sanghyun. Maybe not now but later. Especially when the pure ones will be the one in charged in chasing her...they will surely use it instead of Woobin's way."

Thunder smiled bitterly and turned to his and Dara's childhood picture on his bedside table. "Yeah...but I want to keep her away from it for now...I'm not yet ready to see her like that.

And with that a teardrop fell down on his cheeks. Chaerin feels sorry for the twins.

If only there's a better way to stop this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kris left the room because of the loud noise coming from his friends. The other castors even joined them, just adding to his headache. Chanyeol and Baekhyun's bickering sight is already too much for him to handle so what more if there are Minzy-Mino and Bom-Seunghoon fights in front of him. Avoiding the chaos downstairs, he went to the manor's rooftop to unwind a bit.

As a stress reliever, he pulled out a cigarette from his pocket. The guy was about to light it up when someone speaks from behind him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter